Singapore Expats Forum

Christmas Travelling - Join Me?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nik777

Christmas Travelling - Join Me?

Postby nik777 » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:20 pm

Hi. I am thinking of going travelling over the Christmas period as I have just found out that my office closes down. Unfortuantely, it would seem the little amount of friends I have found thus far have already got plans......or that's what they tell me anyway!

I have from Dec 20th to 1st Jan inclusive to go and see a few places. Was thinking Golden Triangle or Mt Kinabula (sp?) or anywhere!!! Trying not to be tempted into flying back to the UK - very tempting!

I want to fit in a few days hiking withiin the trip as well.

A little about me.....I am 33 years old, male, a quantity surveyor, into all kinds of sport and from England - [blimey this sounds like a dating email]!

If this sounds like someone elses idea of fun, please give me an email on nick_moulding@hotmail.com or reply via forum.

Plus any ideas that people may have will be greatly appreciated as well. Only been in Asia one month.

Bye.

Nick

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 5:10 pm

even i just found out am free from 22nd till 1st. I am no way interested in flying but anyplace in malaysia accessible by road is fine for me. am 27 Male. :) Unless there are some females also interested to join, I prefer to sleep and watch movies for holidays. lol...

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:16 pm

me too..........

ballerina

Any plans yet?

Postby ballerina » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:04 pm

Hi,

I'm free on the 20th Dec & 1st Jan. Anyone has plans yet? Movies? Or anything cycling in Ubin? Whatever interesting.

Email me at jlllam@hotmail.com if someone comes up with something innteresting :)

Oh btw, I'm female, 31 and almost all of my friends are either married / attached.

solarv
Chatter
Chatter

Postby solarv » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:10 am

keep me posted, i should be around...

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:48 am

cycling in ubin sounds good. I got a bicycle around 6 months ago and have hardly used it. can really spend a week cycling around singapore.

ballerina

4 to go

Postby ballerina » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:08 pm

We need to get at least four person to form a group to go there, no fun just 2 or 3. After cycling, go for seafood. Would be fun if we could get like 6 pax to go, even lunch would be merrier.

Hi thelibran, got your email. You don't have to bring your own bike, I don't know if they charge extra / even allow your bike on d boat. They have bikes for rent there, single occupancy $5, double occupancy $10 no time limit.

The seafood is great!!

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:26 am

great. so i can avoid cycling all the way to pier. who else interested to join?? 4 is safer than 6 imho. i am perfectly ok with full day since i will get to take a lot of pictures. :)

butterfly_sg

Postby butterfly_sg » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 1:44 pm

Hi Guys.. Pls count me in... & let me know the confirm date ya Cheerrrs :D
Butterfly

beedao
Regular
Regular

Re: Christmas Travelling - Join Me?

Postby beedao » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 2:20 pm

nik777 wrote:Hi. I am thinking of going travelling over the Christmas period as I have just found out that my office closes down. Unfortuantely, it would seem the little amount of friends I have found thus far have already got plans......or that's what they tell me anyway!

I have from Dec 20th to 1st Jan inclusive to go and see a few places. Was thinking Golden Triangle or Mt Kinabula (sp?) or anywhere!!! Trying not to be tempted into flying back to the UK - very tempting!

I want to fit in a few days hiking withiin the trip as well.

A little about me.....I am 33 years old, male, a quantity surveyor, into all kinds of sport and from England - [blimey this sounds like a dating email]!

If this sounds like someone elses idea of fun, please give me an email on nick_moulding@hotmail.com or reply via forum.

Plus any ideas that people may have will be greatly appreciated as well. Only been in Asia one month.

Bye.

Nick

Hi all, how abt Rawa island?

http://www.journeymalaysia.com/MI_rawaget.htm

I wanna go there, interested in joining me?
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 4:05 pm

Someone stop the monsoons then maybe there won't be any problems with the island holidays...

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 4:33 pm

Super_Star wrote:Someone stop the monsoons then maybe there won't be any problems with the island holidays...
:lol: since its monsoon, its better to avoid beaches.

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 4:37 pm

Dont know what cycling in P. Ubin is gonna be like in the monsoon season now either... :?

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 4:39 pm

butterfly_sg wrote:Hi Guys.. Pls count me in... & let me know the confirm date ya Cheerrrs :D

so we have 3 confirmed. we have 22nd-31st. when to go? shall we do it on 22nd or 23rd and discuss what possibly can be done during the rest of the days?

ballerina

Count me out

Postby ballerina » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:34 pm

Either 22nd / 23rd Dec, I'm out of the country already :p