Singapore Expats Forum

EMIRATES INTERVIEW IN SINGAPORE - JANUARY 13

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ellin18
Regular
Regular

Postby ellin18 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:40 pm

Hi Lipcolour

I am staying at Bukit Panjang.

I guess we can go together :) I suggest we reach there at about 9am?

maggielu

Postby maggielu » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 3:04 pm

Ellin,

shall we all meet up an go together? I also received their email after i send in an application. :) I stayed around the east, I can meet up at Aljunied MRT. 8.30am is definitely not too early. I believe there are girls going in alot earlier then that.

Michelle.
Dont't try to fine-tune somebody else's view

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 3:55 pm

jassylolly wrote:Morning Everyone ^^

I am just wondering is it compulsory to fill in the application form in order to attend the 12th January Open day?

I think it's better to do so...coze in the email which states tat on the interview itself...
We have to provide a print out of this email invitation and also the Emirates online Application no...

jenpei2104

Postby jenpei2104 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 3:57 pm

To wear smart casual for OD.Any suggestion? Afraid to be 'under' or 'over' dress.Thanks!

ellin18
Regular
Regular

Postby ellin18 » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 4:53 pm

hi Maggie

Aljunied is a bit far for me. I meet you at Furama instead.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Postby iwannefly » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 5:19 pm

in the email it stated .. to bring the updated CV... What are we suppose to bring ?? our personal CV?? becuz wad i fill in the online application is my latest CV le..

What about u gers??

I'm going early in the morning too ^^

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:17 pm

I am planning to reach there at 830am...Haaha..Kiasu me :oops:

koyie

Postby koyie » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:34 pm

jenpei2104 wrote:Chai Ching,

Thanks for your support! I will be going for it on the 6 Jan.Have you tried before? I really wanna fly badly.......

hey everyone...i'm new here and i wanted to be a flight attendant..
can i know the vanue and time for the interview conduct on 6th jan? I'm living in KL, and i wish to go...
can somebody help me with this?
:oops:

shellen
Regular
Regular

Postby shellen » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 2:27 am

jenpei2104 wrote:To wear smart casual for OD.Any suggestion? Afraid to be 'under' or 'over' dress.Thanks!

since they said smart casul...but ur still gg for interview. dun wear jeans/singlet. At least it shows u giving some respect to the interviewer. Though they said 'smart casual', i still saw alot ppl wore office wear d laz time i went.

mayb u can consider wearing something simple? a skirt n mayb black top jz 2 play safe.

gd luck

missyglen

Postby missyglen » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 3:19 am

All right man girls, all the best for the interview!!! Do your best, dreams definitely come true.! :D

Anyway, general answers. Emirates pay is definitely higher than SIA coz it's based overseas. Yet accomodation is fully sponsored, exclude expenses only.

First round would be group of 10-15 ppl. (before that make sure you can tip toe up to 212cm) it's true that you will not be selected if they know you're under 21. Afterso, briefing would be conducted to get you prepared for the rest of the rounds. ( Full day is required so take mc/off)

2nd round is also a grp discussion, and also a brief intro like your grp ppl and yourself.

3rd round would be the english test with compo testing your understanding of english like grammer vocab and blah blah blah...

4th Round is another grp discussion... more on problem solving...or situation occurs...

Not counted as a round, there's a personal test on about yourself...

After all these rounds,you're invited for a final one to one interview on another day... and will only know the results 4-6wks later.

Therefore, their interview takes a long time. BE PREPARED all...

I don't know what else i can help....it's more or less like this. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!
dreams come true!

maggielu

Postby maggielu » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 9:39 am

hi ellin, sure I meet you at furuma instead. please add me on msn wheremicis_@hotmail.com. Btw, my height is only 157cm. Do you think my chances are high? But I still gt the invitation to the Open-day interview.
Dont't try to fine-tune somebody else's view

ellin18
Regular
Regular

Postby ellin18 » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:32 am

Hi Maggie

Okay :) I see you at Furama.

You just go for the interview because sometimes height is not the overall judgment for selection. Ultimately there are many other factors that influence the selection.

Put your worries aside and enjoy the process.

You go girl!!

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

To those going next Sat....good luck to u :)

See u all at Furama :wink:

shellen
Regular
Regular

Postby shellen » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 5:10 pm

maggielu wrote:hi ellin, sure I meet you at furuma instead. please add me on msn wheremicis_@hotmail.com. Btw, my height is only 157cm. Do you think my chances are high? But I still gt the invitation to the Open-day interview.

height of 157 shld b ok. as long as u can reach d mark they gif u...comfortably,it shldnt b a pro.

lipcolor

Postby lipcolor » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 7:55 pm

ellin18 wrote:Hi Lipcolour

I am staying at Bukit Panjang.

I guess we can go together :) I suggest we reach there at about 9am?

hi ellin18..~ im stayin at admiraly.. where shall we meet..??! can call the more the merrier.. to help ease our nerves ya ;)
i'll pm u my contact no. k..~ ;) are you guys takin train or what..? as i don;t know how to go there..~ =)