Singapore Expats

EMIRATES INTERVIEW IN SINGAPORE - JANUARY 13

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 9:31 pm

MY DEAR LADY... You have not read this thread right from the first page.

ONCE AGAIN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

IT'S AN OPEN DAYS... DO NOT HAVE TO BE SHORTLISTED TO GO FOR THE INTERVIEW. IT'S OPEN! SO, EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

UNLESS, IT STATED ASSESSMENT DAYS, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR RESUME BEFORE GETTING SHORTLISTED.[/quote]

oic. thanks queenie...but its becoz i saw snowss & iwannafly thread that they gotten the email asking them to attend the 12 Jan interview hence that's y i submitted my online app.[/quote]

If u do get selected to the next round, u'll need to apply online to obtain a reference for the interviewer. For those who apply,fret nt... ! For those who have no apply...THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY..just walk in.

good luck!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 9:53 pm

shellen wrote:MY DEAR LADY... You have not read this thread right from the first page.

IT'S AN OPEN DAYS... DO NOT HAVE TO BE SHORTLISTED TO GO FOR THE INTERVIEW. IT'S OPEN! SO, EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

UNLESS, IT STATED ASSESSMENT DAYS, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR RESUME BEFORE GETTING SHORTLISTED.
oic. thanks queenie...but its becoz i saw snowss & iwannafly thread that they gotten the email asking them to attend the 12 Jan interview hence that's y i submitted my online app.[/quote]

If u do get selected to the next round, u'll need to apply online to obtain a reference for the interviewer. For those who apply,fret nt... ! For those who have no apply...THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY..just walk in.

good luck![/quote]

Yes. So people... doesn't matter whether you got the invitation or not. Cause it is just a formality.

blackrose

Post by blackrose » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:00 pm

Just a minor question...

I hope to go for the Open day this saturday but it says to bring along updated cv with full length and passport size photographs of themselves in business attire.

Business attire. Anyone knows where I could go to get my photo shots in business attire and would it be possible if it's ready by this friday? Or anyone has any other suggestion? :)

thank you.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:38 pm

blackrose wrote:Just a minor question...

I hope to go for the Open day this saturday but it says to bring along updated cv with full length and passport size photographs of themselves in business attire.

Business attire. Anyone knows where I could go to get my photo shots in business attire and would it be possible if it's ready by this friday? Or anyone has any other suggestion? :)

thank you.
I would highly recommend you to do something low cost. Cause sometimes, if you do it at the studio it might not be approved by them. And you got to focked out some more $$...

Here you should do:
Business attire preferably knee length skirt with blazer.
Choose a white plain backgroud. Use your own digital camera and asked someone to snap it for you.. full length. from head to toe...
Send the picture to one of the photo shop and ask them to print it for you. most to most it will cost you like $2.

Hope this helps

shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:20 pm

During the Emirates Open House, they actually have a group of photographer where u can have ur photo taken on the day of the interview. But U never know if outcome will be nice or not? If u really duno where 2 have ur photo taken, that's 1 2 consider.

But i took using dig camera and my friend helped print it out for mi. If u use digital camera, u can take as many as u want, then pick out the best with no time limit.

gd luck!

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:10 am

For me...I asked a friend to snap one for me...Against plain background...

As long as the attire is ok and against plain background..from head to toe. I think shld be fine..

If on tat day, the pple there doesn't approve of the photo. They will recommend u to take the pic from them...they have the professional photographers there...Not sure how much they cost through..

jenpei2104

Post by jenpei2104 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:35 am

Went for the OD in KL but did not go through during the GD.Good luck to those trying out on the 12 Jan and i hope to try again 6 months later.Oh Ya! They will check your height as the 1st criteria.All the best!

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 1:36 am

may i know what kinda attire to wear on the open day?
realli realli nervous...

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:53 am

purple.sara wrote:may i know what kinda attire to wear on the open day?
realli realli nervous...
A bikini... :roll:

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:40 pm

haha...bikini..how i wish we can wear that... :wink:

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 9:28 pm

purple.sara wrote:haha...bikini..how i wish we can wear that... :wink:
good! then wear it.

C

Post by C » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 1:55 pm

queenie-me wrote: I would highly recommend you to do something low cost. Cause sometimes, if you do it at the studio it might not be approved by them. And you got to focked out some more $$...

Here you should do:
Choose a white plain backgroud. Use your own digital camera and asked someone to snap it for you.. full length. from head to toe...
Send the picture to one of the photo shop and ask them to print it for you. most to most it will cost you like $2.

Hope this helps
I know it is Open Day but is it also open for steward-wannabes? I'd like to know if they will ask the guys to drop their resumes only and go home.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:46 pm

C wrote:
queenie-me wrote: I would highly recommend you to do something low cost. Cause sometimes, if you do it at the studio it might not be approved by them. And you got to focked out some more $$...

Here you should do:

Hope this helps
I know it is Open Day but is it also open for steward-wannabes? I'd like to know if they will ask the guys to drop their resumes only and go home.
Good question.

I can only tell you this. You just drop your CV and someone will interview you. Then if you are selected you will be called back around 5pm for a briefing...

ben02

Post by ben02 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 7:28 pm

shellen wrote:MY DEAR LADY... You have not read this thread right from the first page.

UNLESS, IT STATED ASSESSMENT DAYS, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR RESUME BEFORE GETTING SHORTLISTED.
oic. thanks queenie...but its becoz i saw snowss & iwannafly thread that they gotten the email asking them to attend the 12 Jan interview hence that's y i submitted my online app.[/quote

good luck![/quote]

hi, im pretty interested in the walk-in after hearing it from my friend, but i do not have the details like time/venue.. can any kind souls pls advise?? thanks in advance..

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 9:34 pm

ben02 wrote:

oic. thanks queenie...but its becoz i saw snowss & iwannafly thread that they gotten the email asking them to attend the 12 Jan interview hence that's y i submitted my online app.[/quote

good luck!
hi, im pretty interested in the walk-in after hearing it from my friend, but i do not have the details like time/venue.. can any kind souls pls advise?? thanks in advance..[/quote]

I thought I just posted their website? Wanna check it out?

http://singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic ... sc-75.html