Singapore Expats Forum

Caucasians sink 2 new low;Ang Mohs hit 2 young local girls.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Caucasians sink 2 new low;Ang Mohs hit 2 young local girls.

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:23 am

Originally posted by "The News*"

The following is pages 5 & 6 of messages in text form from the Google Cache (all that I could extract). Maybe at least we can pick up from there....

sms



Plavt
Moderator

Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 2557

Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Global Citizen wrote:



Please bear with me as I plod along here warily trying not to ruffle too many feathers along the way. Very few posters here have said the man should be held accountable if he was indeed guilty.


This is the crux of the matter; I have never assumed him innocent despite the assumptions of at least one poster here. His personality as shown in the video may not tell us anything as a 'quiet' person can often have criminal and sometimes violent tendencies, the reason they are quiet is to avoid unwanted attention.

However, my point as I have said directly and indirectly is none us unless we were there and saw the entire incident can really say what happened.

Sadly there are factors which appear suspicious as mentioned earlier by sms and the situation in the video has provided an excuse for racism to rear its ugly head. This is the danger of information provided on the Internet and in newspapers which so often leads to conjecture.


cutiebutie
Chatter

Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 161

Location: Bangkok, KL, Beijing and Home

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
There are too many inconsistencies and questionable things here. Sorry, GC but the guy does not look like he could beat up a wet newspaper, let alone two girls/women. If he had any adrenalin flowing through him he wouldn't let the idiot masses push hi around like that.

I am also wondering what the police have done. Have they charged him with assault? causing affray? What? How good are the witnesses?

As far as I can tell the only evidence we have of assault is the two Ah Bengs roughing up the little white book-worm. Have they been charged?

Storm in a teacup - settle down everyone. Very Happy
_________________
When you write a song, most of the words you use are in black and white, and then, from time to time, you use one that's in color. These words in color are a part of ourselves, because we give them a meaning. If you like, we give them a third dimension.

- Jacques Brel -

MobyDog
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh come guys..

This is a video of the aftermath of the alledged assualt. I don't understand the logic of perceiving behavior of that Caucasian as "innocence". Looks can be deceiving, when he is surrounded by a mob, or that his built were incapable of hitting two girls.

Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man. Without him (and the other guy), the Caucasian man would have haul arse from the scene, before police arrival. It is call "citizen arrest" in some other states, he didn't even assault the man.

I was not at the scene, but judging by the reaction of the crowd (which is rare here). That Caucasian man has a high degree of being guilty as described, as with the presence of witnesses. The Checked man may well be one of them.

Say or think whatever you guys like.. it's a forum. But this could happen anywhere around the world... I call it "citizen arrest.. that guy was lucky not being beaten up. (not that I advocate such action of course, but it's pretty common in such situation)


sundaymorningstaple
Moderator

Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Posts: 3999
Game Trophies: 2
Hall Of Fame Member

Location: Northeast on this little Red Dot!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll say it again. Has the guy been charged?

If not then I would hazard a guess the what "really" happened is nothing like what was portrayed by a couple of overzealous Ah Bengs.

If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson.
_________________
.
Helpful Links for Expats in Singapore



MobyDog
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
It is an "voluntary causing hurt" charge, which is a not seizable offense, a private affair between two parties. It will be weeks to months, to know whether the couple have been charged, before a sub-court magistrate.

For the two "Ah beng", they were preventing the couple from leaving the scene, and even tried to asher them into the Atm Kiosk. They didn't rough up the couple... there were no pulling up collars, kicking them, pushing them forcefully or tried to arm wrestle them. In fact, why would the two even bother to do what they did.. if nothing happened that incite them to. I wouldn't call that overzealous.. angry maybe. But what made them that way. How about the other three girls... were they "overzealous" too.


Plavt
Moderator


Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 2557

Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
MobyDog wrote:
Oh come guys..
Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man.


The man in the checked was nothing more than a 'racist pratt' given the phrases he used when apprehending the man and belie some jealousy as seems to be common amongst certain members of Singaporean society. Sad


MobyDog
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Plavt wrote:
MobyDog wrote:
Oh come guys..
Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man.


The man in the checked was nothing more than a 'racist pratt' given the phrases he used when apprehending the man and belie some jealousy as seems to be common amongst certain members of Singaporean society. Sad
Maybe in some degree, he seemed racist, but he did stood up among the crowd to prevent the Caucasian from trying to flee. Something less seen here, where crowd simply gather to watch watched.

Now, some of you, even went as far as, saying that the girls were able to video the scene with steady hands, and thus suspicious. What nonsense, being throw about once and punched in the face does not mean they become handicapped.

This incident made news because it was posted in Stomp, and the vulgar langauges used by the "Checked man" is infact quite common in disputes here. And what made the crowd agitated, may well be the nature of this incident.. a man manhandled a girl and punched another in the face in a busy public place, plus a hysteria wife and victims pumping up the scene.

And some of you defending this caucasian man, in a way, made me think that race has also something to do with it too, on their part.


newcomer9747
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 5


PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote
what has race got to do with any of these? just another news blown out of proportion.


Plavt
Moderator


Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 2557

Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote
MobyDog wrote:

Now, some of you, even went as far as, saying that the girls were able to video the scene with steady hands, and thus suspicious. What nonsense, being throw about once and punched in the face does not mean they become handicapped.


Your supposition suggests you have never seen an assault, while being assaulted doesn't mean the girls would be incapacitated the effect woud have been one of shock. Had the assault been as bad as Michel Queck claims (she claims to have been bleeding) there is no way she could have maintained her composure well enough to capture the ensuing fracas.

Think how you feel when you are injured or in pain, are you rational and composed? No you are not a concept emergency services and military personnnel are well familiar with. Sorry this looks like a put-up job by an attention seeker who at best has some kind of chip on her shoulder.


mayamomi
Chatter

Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 168


PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson.


that'd be too easy for him.... Surprised
_________________
To you, he's a dog.
To me, he's everything...


sundaymorningstaple
Moderator


Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Posts: 3999
Game Trophies: 2
Hall Of Fame Member

Location: Northeast on this little Red Dot!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
mayamomi wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson.


that'd be too easy for him.... Surprised


want to go back an reread? "Throw the book at him" is an open ended statement that could be a slap on the wrist or caning or fine or jail or combinations of all. Where did you have the problem? Or have you already, like Mobyduck prejudged him? Confused
_________________

mayamomi
Chatter

Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
mayamomi wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson.

that'd be too easy for him.... Surprised

want to go back an reread? "Throw the book at him" is an open ended statement that could be a slap on the wrist or caning or fine or jail or combinations of all. Where did you have the problem? Or have you already, like Mobyduck prejudged him? Confused


Embarassed yea, missed that ... Embarassed simply skimmed through the posts ... Neutral

if u read my earlier post, i did not judge anybody nor am i or is anybody in a position to do so...

but some posters appear to be really defensive of him though... and i wonder what that reason could be, if any?? Rolling Eyes prejudged the "victims" perhaps?? Confused
Confused
_________________
To you, he's a dog.


Plavt
Moderator

Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 2557

Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
mayamomi wrote:


but some posters appear to be really defensive of him though... and i wonder what that reason could be,


I don't think anybody is being defensive of him, the point is nobody, unless they were there and saw the full incident can be sure what actually happened. When people make statements such as; 'Ang Mohs sink to a new low' or 'would everybody have leapt to his defence if he was not caucasian' they either airing their own racism or assumption.

Nobody has actually said he is innocent but looking at what one can see there is definitely something fishy about the whole incident - as somebody said storm in a teacup!

ksl
Editor

Joined: 19 Jul 2004
Posts: 1317

Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I thought I would just let you all know the latest!

Crying or Very sad He was stripped, with his bottom exposed this morning at 01:15 a.m Crying or Very sad It was terrible, the screams could be heard outside, has they dragged him to the hangmans noose...I really don't know why it wasn't in the S-----T--- or the New Paper...Just the Chinese paper Crying or Very sad

I guess he did deserve it, after what he had done to the poor girl!


luxiana
Regular

Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 85


PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote
just saw the video.

Ah I wish singaporeans were interested in my case like they are in this one on the video.
I was left for dead after being attacked for no reason by 3 guys, I managed to survive the assault and gave 4 ICs of one of the attackers to the police.

since: "we are still investigating"...
_________________

Pages 5 & 6 of 6

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:56 pm

The following posts are only the first couple of lines of each posts taken from BoardReader.com and sorted by date. While not in it's entirety (usually only the 1st four lines) at least the trend should jog our regular's memories.


1 day, 8 hours ago (2007-12-04 16:45:00) by cutiebutie
... be reticent to physically restrain someone based on the hystrionics of someone yelling and shouting, especially a little guy like that. And that is where the crux of this particular tangent lies: normally Caucasians are bigger than Asians here and pose a bigger threat - this one was/is a wimpy little guy, easy to push around and abuse. Maybe the white guy was just too scared or ...


1 day, 9 hours ago (2007-12-04 16:06:00) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: . No, it is more to nationalism. That's B***** and you know it! (I suggest you buy yourself a dictionary) Quote: apart from Verbal abuse, how else do you propose to prevent someone from leaving ? Buy him coffee ? There is a difference between restraining someone and assaulting someone which you are


1 day, 9 hours ago (2007-12-04 15:29:00) by Wind In My Hair
MobyDog wrote: apart from Verbal abuse, how else do you propose to prevent someone from leaving ? Buy him coffee ? I told myself to stay out of this thread but this was just too funny! CB, I understand where you're coming from but I have to say that the crowd wasn't lynching the guy. They were just trying to stop him running off. Let's put it this


1 day, 10 hours ago (2007-12-04 14:49:00) by cutiebutie
Is it? Once you decide that violence is justified in a case like this then or many other instances then you are on a slippery slope. Justifying a lynch-mob mentality with racist overtones just makes things worse, and that is what you are clearly doing. Where do you draw the line?


1 day, 10 hours ago (2007-12-04 14:40:00) by MobyDog
cutiebutie wrote: So, if you would have been there you could have ripped his arms off, his legs as well. You would then be within in your rights to have done so to stop this villainous man-mountain from rushing away. That's carrying it a bit far, don't you think ?


1 day, 10 hours ago (2007-12-04 14:38:00) by MobyDog
Plavt, Quote: In case you did not hear what he said, he said 'you think this is your country?'. Such a statement carries racist undertones as that implies that it is alright to assault somebody in one's own country. An assault is an assault irrespective of where it takes place so there is no need to refer to nationality. No, it is more to nationalism, than Racism. If


1 day, 13 hours ago (2007-12-04 12:05:25) by ksl
Well I finally gave in and decided to take a look! In my opinion the whole scenario was a setup....full stop! The Singaporean who mouthed off none stop,is all part of the show.... There is no need whatsoever to keep shouting and screaming like he did, I'd put my money on it, it was a setup, to get public attention and the man in checked shirt was either hired to do it, or was her own


1 day, 13 hours ago (2007-12-04 12:05:25) by Wind In My Hair
cutiebutie wrote: Well, WIMH, I understand what you are saying but there is no proof that the little runt actually assaulted someone. I would be reticent to physically restrain someone based on the hystrionics of someone yelling and shouting, especially a little guy like that. I guess what's missing from this thread is the press reports where the Ah Beng and


1 day, 13 hours ago (2007-12-04 12:02:00) by cutiebutie
I'm sorry Moby, but you are wrong and if taking a contrary stance to yours aggravates you so much then possibly you should abstain from discussions. The Ah Beng (and that terms is not racist - how could it be?!) committed assault by even so much as touching the skinny white guy. Irrespective of what you are blustering on about. It is assault. Preventing someone from leaving the scene


1 day, 13 hours ago (2007-12-04 11:54:00) by ScoobyDoes
MobyDog wrote: Yes, but the "intent" is important, when viewing overall scenario of a case. I say again , without that two Chinese guy, the white guy would have fled the scene. If you think that the Ah beng is guilty of verbal assualt.. try and charge him for verbal abuse... see what his lawyer will say. You are asuming "the white guy" had done something to


2 days, 1 hour ago (2007-12-03 23:43:00) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: So, by dictating one's country of origin is racist, what about using terms like "Ah Beng" means. In case you did not hear what he said, he said 'you think this is your country?'. Such a statement carries racist undertones as that implies that it is alright to assault somebody in one's own country. An assault is an assault irrespective of where it

.
2 days, 1 hour ago (2007-12-03 23:35:00) by MobyDog
Plavt wrote: MobyDog wrote: Is saying things like "you think this is your country ah" an offense ?.. Racism pure and simple but I presume that is fine with you given the racists undertones of a good number of other posts you have posted elsewhere. So, by dictating one's country of origin is racist, what about using terms like "Ah Beng"


2 days, 1 hour ago (2007-12-03 23:33:00) by MobyDog
Plavt wrote: MobyDog wrote: In any case, she does not look compose at all.. but rather in a rage telling everyone what happened. Then how could she have filmed the ensuing fracas, in any case as I have said before what is relevant as I have said before is what happened before . Quote: And would I be the one


2 days, 2 hours ago (2007-12-03 23:07:00) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: Is saying things like "you think this is your country ah" an offense ?.. Racism pure and simple but I presume that is fine with you given the racists undertones of a good number of other posts you have posted elsewhere.


3 days, 7 hours ago (2007-12-02 17:24:00) by Plavt
... nobody, unless they were there and saw the full incident can be sure what actually happened. When people make statements such as; 'Ang Mohs sink to a new low' or 'would everybody have leapt to his defence if he was not caucasian' they either airing their own racism or assumption. Nobody has ...

.
3 days, 9 hours ago (2007-12-02 15:54:00) by mayamomi
sundaymorningstaple wrote: mayamomi wrote: sundaymorningstaple wrote: If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson. that'd be too easy for him.... want to go back an reread? "Throw the book at him" is an open ended statement that


3 days, 11 hours ago (2007-12-02 13:44:00) by sundaymorningstaple
mayamomi wrote: sundaymorningstaple wrote: If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson. that'd be too easy for him.... want to go back an reread? "Throw the book at him" is an open ended statement that could be a slap on the wrist or caning or fine or

.
3 days, 12 hours ago (2007-12-02 12:40:00) by mayamomi
sundaymorningstaple wrote: If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson. that'd be too easy for him....


2 days, 13 hours ago (2007-12-03 11:48:00) by luxiana
just saw the video. Ah I wish singaporeans were interested in my case like they are in this one on the video. I was left for dead after being attacked for no reason by 3 guys, I managed to survive the assault and gave 4 ICs of one of the attackers to the police. since: "we are still investigating"...


2 days, 15 hours ago (2007-12-03 09:59:43) by MobyDog
... you are not a concept emergency services and military personnnel are well familiar with. Sorry this looks like a put-up job by an attention seeker who at best has some kind of chip on her shoulder. Having served 2 1/2 yrs in the military, 6 yrs in the police service and 9 yrs reserve.. I have to say." you are the one not having the concept about degrees of injury" And would I be the ...


2 days, 15 hours ago (2007-12-03 09:59:43) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: In any case, she does not look compose at all.. but rather in a rage telling everyone what happened. Then how could she have filmed the ensuing fracas, in any case as I have said before what is relevant as I have said before is what happened before . Quote: And would I be the one being punched in the cheek from an


2 days, 15 hours ago (2007-12-03 09:59:43) by MobyDog
cutiebutie wrote: Not funny, ksl. MobyDog, do you know what assault is? The only assault that is captured on camera is the Ah Beng assaulting the skinny white guy. (Oh, and the police can charge anyone for any number of things - it need not be a civil matter) But then don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense. Please don't lecture me


2 days, 15 hours ago (2007-12-03 09:59:43) by ksl
cutiebutie wrote: Not funny, ksl. MobyDog, do you know what assault is? The only assault that is captured on camera is the Ah Beng assaulting the skinny white guy. (Oh, and the police can charge anyone for any number of things - it need not be a civil matter) But then don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense. Yes your quite


2 days, 15 hours ago (2007-12-03 09:31:00) by cutiebutie
Not funny, ksl. MobyDog, do you know what assault is? The only assault that is captured on camera is the Ah Beng assaulting the skinny white guy. (Oh, and the police can charge anyone for any number of things - it need not be a civil matter) But then don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense.


2 days, 22 hours ago (2007-12-03 02:20:00) by ksl
... be heard outside, has they dragged him to the hangmans noose...I really don't know why it wasn't in the S-----T--- or the New Paper...Just the Chinese paper I guess he did deserve it, after what he had done to the poor girl! Only joking But ..


4 days, 7 hours ago (2007-12-01 17:14:00) by sundaymorningstaple
I'll say it again. Has the guy been charged? If not then I would hazard a guess the what "really" happened is nothing like what was portrayed by a couple of overzealous Ah Bengs. If he was charged and found guilty then throw the book at him and then deport him just like Michael Fay and Nick Leeson.


3 days, 22 hours ago (2007-12-02 02:25:00) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: Now, some of you, even went as far as, saying that the girls were able to video the scene with steady hands, and thus suspicious. What nonsense, being throw about once and punched in the face does not mean they become handicapped. Your supposition suggests you have never seen an assault, while being assaulted doesn't mean the girls would be


3 days, 23 hours ago (2007-12-02 01:35:00) by newcomer9747
what has race got to do with any of these? just another news blown out of proportion.


4 days ago (2007-12-02 00:21:00) by MobyDog
Plavt wrote: MobyDog wrote: Oh come guys.. Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man. The man in the checked was nothing more than a 'racist pratt' given the phrases he used when apprehending the man and belie some jealousy as seems to be common amongst certain members of


4 days, 2 hours ago (2007-12-01 22:33:00) by Plavt
MobyDog wrote: Oh come guys.. Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man. The man in the checked was nothing more than a 'racist pratt' given the phrases he used when apprehending the man and belie some jealousy as seems to be common amongst certain members of Singaporean society.


4 days, 7 hours ago (2007-12-01 17:29:00) by MobyDog
It is an "voluntary causing hurt" charge, which is a not seizable offense, a private affair between two parties. It will be weeks to months, to know whether the couple have been charged, before a sub-court magistrate. For the two "Ah beng", they were preventing the couple from leaving the scene, and even tried to asher them into the Atm Kiosk. They didn't rough up the couple... there were


4 days, 8 hours ago (2007-12-01 16:52:00) by MobyDog
Oh come guys.. This is a video of the aftermath of the alledged assualt. I don't understand the logic of perceiving behavior of that Caucasian as "innocence". Looks can be deceiving, when he is surrounded by a mob, or that his built were incapable of hitting two girls. Having seen afew assualt in public, I actually applause the action of the "Vulgar checked shirt" man. Without him


1 week, 2 days ago (2007-11-26 15:04:00) by cutiebutie
There are too many inconsistencies and questionable things here. Sorry, GC but the guy does not look like he could beat up a wet newspaper, let alone two girls/women. If he had any adrenalin flowing through him he wouldn't let the idiot masses push hi around like that. I am also wondering what the police have done. Have they charged him with assault? causing affray?
What? How good


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 22:40:00) by Plavt
Global Citizen wrote: Please bear with me as I plod along here warily trying not to ruffle too many feathers along the way. Very few posters here have said the man should be held accountable if he was indeed guilty. This is the crux of the matter; I have never assumed him innocent despite the assumptions of at least one poster here. His personality


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 21:50:00) by Global Citizen
... neighbour had commited a crime. You are conveniently forgetting that There are 2 eyewitness accounts from 2 pushcart vendors that say differently. ... in mind if this case ever goes to court, and these 2 eyewitnesses are called to testify and if they either retract ... an extent instead of resorting to alleged manhandling of the 2 girls?


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 09:31:00) by Splatted
guruvishwanath wrote: I was thinking for the past two hours and the thought was "Dont enter this conversation! DoNt! Dont! Dont!Dont!". Finally, my temptation got better of me. Race is irrelevant when it comes to a fight. It IS irrelevant. Having said that, there's a time to stand up for what you believe in and there's a time to simply bite your


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 09:11:00) by sundaymorningstaple
ksl wrote: Innocent until proven guilty can be the only way! My friend, you forgot you are in Singapore. This is the country with ISA where they can lock you up for 20 years without trial just because they don't like you. Unfortunately, vigilante-ism and mob mentality is the same here as the rest of the world. The difference is that unless there is good


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 05:44:28) by k1w1
...Was he really that concerned about the two girls - he never even looked at them! Or was he just one of the increasing number of Singaporeans lately with a massive axe to grind with "Caucasians"? I can't count the number of times, in the last six months even, that I have had very thinly veiled or outright-in-your-face racist comments or things happen. It's really getting very tiresome... And...


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 05:44:28) by morphic
One of the cornerstones to the success and stability of Singapore has been racial harmony and this goes hand in hand with Singapore's strict laws against incitement to racial hatred. Racial hatred can be expressed in various directions, towards or rom any race. In this case the tone of these girl's blog and maybe even what was in fact a deliberate act of provocation looks more and more


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 05:44:28) by mayamomi
[quote="rails]Locals don't earn much money and wouldn't be able to give to charity [/quote] giving to charity is voluntary and does not necessarily have to be a big amount...because small amounts can accumulate to a large sum... so WORK THAT OUT... it comes from the heart not just the pocket... morphic wrote: he just doesnt look the type to violently


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 04:32:00) by ksl
...was not apparent. So one of dudes taps on one of the girls shouldera and when she turned around, he gave her a tight open palm slap. I was wondering if it made the front page of the New Paper! Probably not! Because it was just a normal night out in Singapore, You know, not even the poor guy that was robbed and hacked with a parang in China Town, who was carring a few hundred thousand...


1 week, 4 days ago (2007-11-24 02:21:00) by morphic
the videos show no evidence of any aggression from either the "angmoh" or his singaporean friend. in fact, it seems to show a rather placid and bewildered "angmoh" surrouded by a baying mob who i suspect are jumping at their chance to attack a white person. thats how it looks. perhaps the two girls provoked an incident and were equally to blame but the mob decided that was their chance to look


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 18:47:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: Everyone is entitled to their biased opinions. I'm out of here. You should have a good look at your own statements and re-read some of mine. I never said the man didn't hit the girls and it was you who raised the heckles more so than the OP by your own statement; Quote: Would you all come to his defence so


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 18:21:00) by sprite
...(except SMS perhaps) but instead jump to his defence. Because the subject box of this ridiculous thread is so incredibly jaded. It begs to be negated. A new low for Ang Mohs?? Lower than Hitler? The BTK killer? C'mon, a waste of time wind-up, nothing else.


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 17:53:00) by Wind In My Hair
Plavt and Jeppo, By "objective eyewitness" I was referring to people who weren't involved in the spat directly. I would never consider Michelle Quek an objective eyewitness. There will never be any solid evidence on this case since the actual incident wasn't captured on camera, since it will be merely one man's word against another's and eyewitness accounts. By the way, eyewitness


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 17:45:00) by guruvishwanath
I was thinking for the past two hours and the thought was "Dont enter this conversation! DoNt! Dont! Dont!Dont!". Finally, my temptation got better of me. Race is irrelevant when it comes to a fight. If you are spoiling for one, you will get it. Reasons may be trivial to serious. Believe me! I have been in both sides of that story. What makes it easier to make conclusions are


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 17:45:00) by Wind In My Hair
rails wrote: [Think about it, there aint much to work out here. If I was racist, I would not give to a local charity. CAN YOU WORK THIS OUT. Locals don't earn much money and wouldn't be able to give to charity (if I was in there situation I wouldn't either) I personally love to give to the less unfortunate in the hope it will benifit them and enjoy life. I love local


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 15:18:00) by Jeppo
Wind In My Hair wrote: but now refuse to believe two objective eyewitness accounts of the incident "Objective" and "Eyewitness" should never be used in the same sentence. Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable. There are plenty of studies that have been done that show how bad eyewitness accounts are, and there have been thousands of people convicted based


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 14:51:00) by Plavt
I feel this topic is getting way out of hand by turning into something of a racial 'slagging match.' There was an incident; the incident was between a man and who happened to be a caucasian and his Asian girlfriend and two local girls who are also Asian. What actually happened? We do not know as the incident that triggered the situation on the video is not visible. There


1 week, 5 days ago (2007-11-23 09:01:00) by rails
Quote: ]Can you prove that last statement? I am genuinely curious. At the same time I wonder what the relevance of foreigners (I'm assuming you mean vs locals) giving to charity is to this topic, especially just after your lovely moral injuncture not to separate the world. Perhaps most of you don't realise that it comes across as racist (to me at least) when people


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by rails
Can you prove that last statement? I am genuinely curious. At the same time I wonder what the relevance of foreigners (I'm assuming you mean vs locals) giving to charity is to this topic, especially just after your lovely moral injuncture not to separate the world. Perhaps most of you don't realise that it comes across as racist (to me at least) when people here have no problem believing


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by rhino
... friend did assaulted the two local girls. So Caucasians are plural. WIth such revolting uncivil;ised behaviour,...There is one Caucasian. One Caucasian + Zero Caucasians = One Caucasian. 1 Caucasian + 1 ["I will call 911 "] Caucasian = 2 Caucasian bullies. #Only a Caucasian will call 911... number is 911, because well, there are only Caucasians in the USA, right?


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by Plavt
rhino wrote: And of course, only a Caucasian would say the emergency number is 911, because well, there are only Caucasians in the USA, right? Britons still use 999.


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by Wind In My Hair
... Hair wrote: Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian? You sound so racist. The heading is also racist. We are all humans no matter what race. Myself and many caucasians I know would of jumped in to help either party (not just there own) We do not exept this type of behaviour from any race. So stop trying to seperate the world, in reallity we ...


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by rails
... Hair wrote: Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian? You sound so racist. The heading is also racist. We are all humans no matter what race. Myself and many caucasians I know would of jumped in to help either party (not just there own) We do not exept this type of behaviour from any race. So stop trying to seperate the world, in reallity we ...


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:54) by numptie
... back a little but I still got punched slightly in the nose and I managed to block the other 2 punches from him with both my arms. Next, he kicked my right leg, and he attempted to run. ...AND if they are not guilty, then why are they escaping? The woman is super aggressive and ill-bred! She's horrible! . Racist?


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:53) by mystic law
... Moh and his girl friend did assaulted the two local girls. So Caucasians are plural. WIth such revolting uncivil;ised behaviour, and u r picking over semantics...... There is one Caucasian. One Caucasian + Zero Caucasians = One Caucasian. 1 Caucasian + 1 ["I will call 911 "] Caucasian = 2 Caucasian bullies. #Only a Caucasian will call 911; thinking that she ...


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 20:10:53) by ksl
... Moh and his girl friend did assaulted the two local girls. So Caucasians are plural. WIth such revolting uncivil;ised behaviour, and u r picking over semantics...... There is one Caucasian. One Caucasian + Zero Caucasians = One Caucasian. 1 Caucasian + 1 ["I will call 911 "] Caucasian = 2 Caucasian bullies. #Only a Caucasian will call 911; thinking that she ...


1 week, 6 days ago (2007-11-22 08:16:00) by Global Citizen
...how pussywhipped and intimidated the man looks, (being surrounded by an angry mob can bring that about, I'd imagine) he did hit 2 schoolgirls as recounted by 2 eyewitness accounts, a fact; and is accountable for his actions. No doubt we'll never know what actually transpired among the 3 females in terms of actual...


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 01:02:00) by ksl
Well I did read it all on the Front page of The New Paper, several days ago! I don't condone, what happend! But I do...incitement, to cause provocation and unrest for the sake of money, pretty low down if you ask me! It is not uncommon at all for...if there is a can! I do find it appalling, that the New paper, does actually provoke situations, because it does sell papers.....there ...


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:47:00) by sundaymorningstaple
Wind In My Hair wrote: Ok ok, hold on here. What I find hard to accept is why nobody is even considering the possibility that the man did hit the girls and that it is not an acceptable reaction? WIMH, you will notice that I indicated in my post early on that I was advocating that the guy should be charged if in fact it was the truth. I've never advocated


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:45:00) by ProvenPracticalFlexible
So if man hits a woman, why is the race of the man relevant? Are you little bit racist, and consider all the Caucasians are the same and responsible for each others acts? Sounds like typical rhetoric used by extreme right parties in Europe, if they find an example they generalize it and make sure that the race is the key thing, not an individual person. lotus sutra wrote:...


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:43:00) by SingaSaint
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Yeah, Miss Quek is known for that. Wonder if, in her quest to always somehow get into the media, she baited the guy or better yet baited the highstrung whacko that was with him just to get a rise out of them for publicity. One would have to wonder for her to have her camera at the ready like that. That is exactly my thoughts on


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:15:00) by Plavt
lotus sutra wrote: I am not supporting mob rule. The fact is by stating; If this incident happens in a Third World country such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand or Philippines.....there will be no need for the police to come , you are advocating just that. Quote: I am JUST STATING THE FACTS IN THE REAL WORLD TODAY.


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:51:00) by rhino
lotus sutra wrote: The title is correct. The Ang Moh and his girl friend did assaulted the two local girls. So Caucasians are plural. WIth such revolting uncivil;ised behaviour, and u r picking over semantics...... There is one Caucasian. One Caucasian + Zero Caucasians = One Caucasian.


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:11:00) by lotus sutra
Plavt wrote: lotus sutra wrote: If this incident happens in a Third World country such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand or Philippines.....there will be no need for the police to come. The two villains will be lynched and made into mince meat. In other words you support mob-rule where even the innocent can and have been beaten up. Why


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:09:00) by rhino
lotus sutra wrote: If this incident happens in a Third World country such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand or Philippines.....there will be no need for the police to come. The two villains will be lynched and made into mince meat Is that your preferred way of dealing with this, for both the Caucasian and his girlfriend (who appears to be Singaporean)?


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:06:00) by Plavt
lotus sutra wrote: If this incident happens in a Third World country such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand or Philippines.....there will be no need for the police to come. The two villains will be lynched and made into mince meat. In other words you support mob-rule where even the innocent can and have been beaten up. Why am I not surprised?


2 weeks ago (2007-11-22 00:02:00) by lotus sutra
If this incident happens in a Third World country such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand or Philippines.....there will be no need for the police to come. The two villains will be lynched and made into mince meat. .


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:59:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: I am really disturbed by the fact that everyone here is lunging at The Sun, Michelle Quek, and not a single person except me is willing to actually consider that a man hit two girls. Why are you all ignoring the real issue? The Sun is his own enemy by the title of his own thread, Michelle Queck may or not be using the event to benefit


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:54:00) by Wind In My Hair
Of course the actual incident was not filmed. If it was, that would probably truly be a set up. I find it perfectly easy to believe that many people can whip out their phone quickly enough after the initial shock to take a video recording. How come no one questioned the person who sent in the shot of the maid on a high ledge in that condo? If it wasn't suspicious that someone was quick-witted


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:54:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: Ignore what Michelle Quek says. I agree she may not be credible. But tell me, why are you ignoring what two separate unrelated eyewitnesses were willing to tell the reporters? I am not but even with their statements reported by reporters we may not know the truth. Surely you know as well as anybody else how un-reliable newspaper reports can


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:49:00) by lotus sutra
... local school girls. For a man to hit a woman is offensive to civilised norms. AND these victims who accidentally bumped into the ang moh are definitely much shorter and weaker in contrast. The title is correct. The Ang Moh and his girl friend did assaulted the two local girls. So Caucasians are plural. WIth such revolting uncivil;ised behaviour, and u r picking over semantics......


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:49:00) by Wind In My Hair
Ignore what Michelle Quek says. I agree she may not be credible. But tell me, why are you ignoring what two separate unrelated eyewitnesses were willing to tell the reporters? _________________ Be the change you want to see in the world. -


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:49:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: Ok ok, hold on here. Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian? I am not seeking to defend him; my point is as I have said more than one once is; most of us on the various forums were not there to see the events prior to what is on the video. A court for example would need evidence, we see no evidence


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:48:00) by rhino
Wind In My Hair wrote: Ok ok, hold on here. I can accept that this Michelle likes attention, and perhaps did deliberately bump into the crazy woman. What I find hard to accept is why nobody is even considering the possibility that the man did hit the girls and that it is not an acceptable reaction? Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian?


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:47:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: Ok ok, hold on here. Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian? I am not seeking to defend him; my point is as I have said more than one once is; most of us on the various forums were not there to see the events prior to what is on the video.


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:45:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: That last statement is itself an opinion, as those of us who care to do a little thinking will no doubt realise. . While that is true the poster to whom I was referring, like sms has pointed out that Michelle Queck has changed her story three times. From where I am I don't know but in any incident such as this whether it involves a well


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:43:00) by Wind In My Hair
Ok ok, hold on here. I can accept that this Michelle likes attention, and perhaps did deliberately bump into the crazy woman. What I find hard to accept is why nobody is even considering the possibility that the man did hit the girls and that it is not an acceptable reaction? Would you all come to his defence so strongly if he weren't caucasian?


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:40:00) by Plavt
Wind In My Hair wrote: , I wonder what people here make of the incident. I find it hard to believe that that demure hen-pecked man actually hit two girls, but two separate eyewitness accounts can't be easily dismissed. Quite obviously something happened between him and the two girls that caused the altercation shown on the video. I suspect that the


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:38:00) by sundaymorningstaple
Plavt wrote: sundaymorningstaple wrote: I'm inclined to think that we are only getting half the story here. There is no doubt we are; those who care to do a little thinking will no doubt realize the video clips shows events after the alleged assault. We can therefore only speculate about what actually happened before. On another


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:32:00) by Plavt
sundaymorningstaple wrote: I'm inclined to think that we are only getting half the story here. There is no doubt we are; those who care to do a little thinking will no doubt realize the video clips shows events after the alleged assault. We can therefore only speculate about what actually happened before. On another site a poster mentions that


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:32:00) by sundaymorningstaple
lotus sutra, Just so nobody gets confused who is who, I said it before and I say it again, you and The Sun are one and the same. However, neither of your split personalities has much sense as so far there has been only one side to the story. Where is the other side? You and your left or is it right side have always had the tendency to only post half truths. Be something. Find out


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:29:00) by rhino
sundaymorningstaple wrote: If you have looks at The Sun's post history you will see that there is no way he would have posted it had it been between two bengs. He's always been a Cut & Paste windup type. And also the post under multiple username type it seems!


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:39:00) by Wind In My Hair
Plavt wrote: There is no doubt we are; those who care to do a little thinking will no doubt realize the video clips shows events after the alleged assault. We can therefore only speculate about what actually happened before. On another site a poster mentions that Michelle Queck likes to grab attention whenever possible. That last statement is itself an opinion,


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:24:00) by lotus sutra
The whole episode is self evident and self explanatory in terms of who are the villains and who are the victims. The incident is all over in cyberspace, at stomp website and youtube.Let the people of Singapore be the judge to ascertain the verdict


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:24:00) by sundaymorningstaple
If you have looks at The Sun's post history you will see that there is no way he would have posted it had it been between two bengs. He's always been a Cut & Paste windup type.


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:22:00) by Wind In My Hair
Caucasians have not sunk to a new low, they have always been at that level. JUST KIDDING! I don't like the title of this ... Sun's previous post got locked and then deleted, I posted a new thread and called it "The Caucasian, The Shrew, and The ...it's a reflection of how our society has evolved from giving caucasians better treatment and the benefit of the doubt because of skin...


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:21:00) by rhino
...(rather pathetic on reflection) saga: > "Victim" has posted her side of the story on the net. Be it truth or otherwise, its impossible to say because; > The video titled "Angmoh hits 2 singaporean girls!" doesn't show that at all. It shows what happened after the alleged "event", which from what I can tell is the "offender" and her Caucasian boyfriend / friend / husband being surrounded ...


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:18:00) by sundaymorningstaple
*The Sun, As I deleted your newspaper cut & paste, I'll leave your repost for a while, but I would suggest you change the title a bit if for no other reason than what you and everybody else has posted is only from a school girl who has changed her story at least 3 times and a couple of bengs who are more trash than help. When are you going to post the other side of the story? Or do you


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 23:05:00) by Strong Eagle
So how exactly do Caucasians sink to to a new low? You sound rather racist to me. Why should I believe that rantings of someone with such a racist slant?


2 weeks ago (2007-11-21 22:52:00) by The Sun*
... caused her arms to bleed! And before I could even react, I saw his fist flying towards my face! I moved back a little but I still got punched slightly in the nose and I managed to block the other 2 punches from him with both my arms. Next, he kicked my right leg, and he attempted to run. Just when he was about to run, my friend tripped him and he fell straight onto the floor. He quickly ...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests