Singapore Expats Forum

Calling all singles in Mountbatten, Tg Rhu or Kallang areas

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
coffeeandcake

Calling all singles in Mountbatten, Tg Rhu or Kallang areas

Postby coffeeandcake » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 6:00 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any people out there around these areas? Maybe a get-together can be organised with a group... Let's chat! :wave:

kundera71

Postby kundera71 » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 6:07 pm

hi,

I live in the east, if you organize an event, count me in

thanks

kundera

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

East side buddies

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 6:10 pm

Hi Kundera,

Looks like our previous posts and nicks all got wiped out!? Anyway, a big hello to you. Which area are u in? I'm in the East too...

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:47 pm

east as well ..

there are many places to explore in this part of the world (okay, singapore)

keep me in the loop pls :)

cheers..

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:09 am

Has anyone been to Cosy Bay?

kundera71

Postby kundera71 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 2:31 pm

No... where is that? maybe this could be our first event :-)

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 4:49 pm

Apparently around Tanjong Rhu... how come the Tg Rhu people have not come forward...? Are there even any around? LOL! :D

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 2:51 pm

Howdy all

I'm in Tanjong Rhu. Cosy Bay is the area around the Indoor Stadium. I'm not 100% sure if it refers to one bar/restaurant on the TR side of the walkbridge or the general area. Either way, this area is not bad, mainly outdoor restaurants and bars but reasonably quiet. I sometimes go there for a quiet beer - not really party town.

Also FYI for anyone who lives in the area there's a new mall just opened on the Kallang side of the Indoor Stadium. Still pretty empty but I'm sure it will fill up when the MRT opens there. In any case, there's a Cold Storage there which is good news for TR residents who previously had to travel to go to a supermarket.

Let me know if you organise anything - I'll pop by. It's only 5 minutes walk from where I live.

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 3:01 pm

Just to get an idea, what is the rent at your apartment like and how many rooms in that apartment? Have you lived there long?

There is a new mall near that area? I had no idea! Thanks for the info.

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 4:11 pm

I've lived there for 1 year now. Not sure of the total apartment rent as I sublet a room, but I believe it's quite cheap for the area. I'm paying $1050 pm which includes some extras like internet and cable tv. Originally was paying $850 but it's recently gone up. It's a 3br apartment in ParkShore - possibly the cruddiest condo in the area but also the cheapest and the apartment is large compared to others I've seen in Singapore.

Yeah the new mall is kinda kewl. As I said before it's still very empty but there are some tenants there already, including an ice skating rink and bowling alley, pet store for the pet owners, a food court as well as coffee shops, a few restaurants and one or two clothes stores. Should be good when it fills up and the whole area will liven up a bit when the Stadium MRT opens (not holding breath though).

carpediemxing216

living near Vivo

Postby carpediemxing216 » Sat, 08 Dec 2007 2:26 pm

umm, living near Vivo here. not far from T Bhr. Let me know if there is any event :D

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Re: living near Vivo

Postby Super_Star » Sat, 08 Dec 2007 4:23 pm

carpediemxing216 wrote:umm, living near Vivo here. not far from T Bhr. Let me know if there is any event :D

Err... Tg Rhu = Tanjong Rhu. I guess that's what OP meant as a short form. It is so not near Tiong Bahru *LOL* 8-)

carpediemxing216

Postby carpediemxing216 » Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:50 am

:oops: ^_______^ so it's far from my place. What a shame!

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Sun, 09 Dec 2007 3:30 pm

Sorry to hear that carpediemxing216, so maybe you should move? How long you've been at Tiong Bahru? It's a nice neighborhood?

zflor

Postby zflor » Sun, 09 Dec 2007 8:06 pm

morton wrote:Yeah the new mall is kinda kewl. As I said before it's still very empty but there are some tenants there already, including an ice skating rink and bowling alley, pet store for the pet owners, a food court as well as coffee shops, a few restaurants and one or two clothes stores. Should be good when it fills up and the whole area will liven up a bit when the Stadium MRT opens (not holding breath though).

wat's e mall called?