Singapore Expats Forum

Any Arabs in singapore ?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vvs1

Any Arabs in singapore ?

Postby vvs1 » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:50 am

Hi i m planning to live in singapore and i would like to know if their is any arab comunity events or any arab club ?

PT

Re: Any Arabs in singapore ?

Postby PT » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 8:16 am

vvs1 wrote:Hi i m planning to live in singapore and i would like to know if their is any arab comunity events or any arab club ?

Well, there is a whole arab quarter here, so yes. :)

Interesting, by the way. Where are you from?

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:17 pm

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publish/s ... _glam.html

Scroll down to see photos of the Egyptian, Lebanese, Turkish and other Middles Eastern resturants in the area
http://www.kgba.org.sg/kggelam_food.htm

aida taki

looking for a lebanese supermarket

Postby aida taki » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:38 pm

hi there will move to singapore with my family in december am wondering if there is a lebanese supermarket that sells, shish borek, kibbeh, mankeesh etc. Am also looking for a lebanese teacher to teach my 14 and 12 year old arabic. Can anyone help? thanks

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:34 am

Mohammed Al-Junaid

Postby Mohammed Al-Junaid » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:46 am

Hi all, I know this thread is too old but figured better post here than creating a new one.

I have pretty much the same question posted many years ago. Is there an Arab expat community in Singapore ?. I'm re-locating to Singapore in September 2014 with my wife and she prefers to have Arab neighbors as she doesn't speak English well. I have visited Singapore couple of times and I myself (not my wife) have been living in Malaysia for the past 10 years. So I'm aware that there is a nice Arab-Singaporean community that have been there for decades but what I'm looking for where Arab expats usually live, if any. Thanks in advance to all of you .. :)