Singapore Expats Forum

Wanted: Activity Buddies

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
zflor

Postby zflor » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 8:15 pm

fishtank wrote:zflor, i'll leave the organizing of Greek sculptures exhibition to you.

matty, i've tried dragonboating couple of times. Didn't really like it, though it was quite an experience. i'm sure if you look around the forum, there are some threads from dragonboating team. Too bad I can't find the phone numbers of ppl i dragonboat with.. :oops:

anyway, i'm interested in this: http://www.thepicturehouse.com.sg/12day ... index.html
particularly Little Red Flower. Currently tix is sold at $5, and it's a small theatre, and as of now, half of the seats are sold. If you're keen, let me know in the next 1-2 days and i'll book it.

If you haven't watched Paradise Now, you should. Excellent movie.

sure...btw when will the show "Little Red Flower" be on?

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:40 pm

It's on Saturday, 22nd Dec, 3pm. You'll get the details if you click on the link I posted ;)

Anyway, judging from the slow response, I've already purchased the tix :) You can join us if you are interested.
Other than that, i recommend Half Nelson and Paradise Now. They are also available on DVDs if you miss the shows.

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:45 pm

Super_Star wrote:Ooooooooh did someone say Garibaldi!??? fish tank, you have excellent taste. Garibaldi's sister restaurants are "Menotti" and 2 others called "Riccotti". All worth a try, especially Riccotti :wink: :wink: :wink:

Super_Star, I haven't actually tried the place yet. Been skeptical cos I hear mixed reviews (more good than bad actually) on the place. And I kinda.. stubbornly believe in the ol' saying that gems are often found in the smaller lanes. ;)

what other places would you recommend?

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:03 pm

fishtank, Riccotti is pretty good, its in a small remote part of China Sq Central and not a big place, so maybe thats a good fit of your "belief"? :wink: LOL!

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:19 pm

Yes ma'am.. shall give it a try and produce the report card for you to sign ;)

zflor

sun: National Museum outing

Postby zflor » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 5:23 pm

this sunday 16/12/07, National Museum outing, 2.30pm at National museum, we'll visit the Lourve's Greek exhibition as well...package for all galleries is at $16

who's in? just add ur name in n i'll put up e details soon

1) Florence
2) jkid
3)
Last edited by zflor on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jkid

Re: sun: National Museum outing

Postby jkid » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 6:01 pm

zflor wrote:this sunday 16/12/07, National Museum outing, 2.30pm at National museum, we'll visit the Lourve's Greek exhibition as well...package for all galleries is at $16

who's in?

1) Florence
2)
3)

Perfect for me, just think about fooling around in bugis, arab street

Tilbo

Postby Tilbo » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:06 pm

Yes....I'm in too. See you Sunday. We meet up at the entrance?

zflor

Postby zflor » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:51 pm

[quote="zflor"]this sunday 16/12/07, National Museum outing, 2.30pm at National museum, we'll visit the Lourve's Greek exhibition as well as all the other galleries...package for all galleries is at $16.

National Museum: 93 Stamford Rd, near to YMCA, nearest tube is Dhoby Gaut station.

let's meet at the Visitors services counter in the museum.

who's in?

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 3:28 pm

zflor wrote:this sunday 16/12/07, National Museum outing, 2.30pm at National museum, we'll visit the Lourve's Greek exhibition as well as all the other galleries...package for all galleries is at $16.

National Museum: 93 Stamford Rd, near to YMCA, nearest tube is Dhoby Gaut station.

let's meet at the Visitors services counter in the museum.

who's in?

oh dear..
sorry guys, the timing doesn't work for me at all. I can't do sundays and I need to be somewhere by 4pm this week. Next time mayhaps...

zflor

Postby zflor » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 8:38 pm

hey ppl,
pls pm me ur contact if poss...jus in case on sun cannot find y'all..
i'll pm y'all mine as well

carpediemxing216

Postby carpediemxing216 » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:07 am

I'm in and I've added my name below
:D

[quote="zflor"]this sunday 16/12/07, National Museum outing, 2.30pm at National museum, we'll visit the Lourve's Greek exhibition as well...package for all galleries is at $16

who's in? just add ur name in n i'll put up e details soon

1) Florence
2) jkid
3)carpediemxing216

saf

hey

Postby saf » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:22 am

yo yo,

what is happening here?

19th, wednesday: drinking+st james(club) combo? anyone interested?

skimilk
Regular
Regular

Re: Wanted: Activity Buddies

Postby skimilk » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 7:23 pm

skimilk wrote:Alright...I'm getting hella bored in this country...clubbing is not my thing it's pretty monotonous and pointless and I want an activity buddy or two to do interesting things with i.e. NOT clubbing.

20's please. PM me.

So well, I'm resurrecting this thread coz although I did find a couple of activity buddies, they were here only temporarily and have since gone back to their respective countries so I need new people to hang out with coz I'd be here indefinitely. :(

Mid-20's to early 30's please. PM me.

ngkahhui
Regular
Regular

Re: Wanted: Activity Buddies

Postby ngkahhui » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:23 pm

skimilk wrote:
skimilk wrote:Alright...I'm getting hella bored in this country...clubbing is not my thing it's pretty monotonous and pointless and I want an activity buddy or two to do interesting things with i.e. NOT clubbing.

20's please. PM me.

So well, I'm resurrecting this thread coz although I did find a couple of activity buddies, they were here only temporarily and have since gone back to their respective countries so I need new people to hang out with coz I'd be here indefinitely. :(

Mid-20's to early 30's please. PM me.

mine to email me?
ngkahhui@hotmail.com