Singapore Expats Forum

Beach volleyball @KM8 Sentosa SAT 27th & SUN 28th Oct

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
DOUX
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 17 Aug 2007

New player!!!

Postby DOUX » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 5:56 pm

I would like to join u guys on saturday, is that okay?

User avatar
deb96
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2005

Re: New player!!!

Postby deb96 » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 8:25 pm

DOUX wrote:I would like to join u guys on saturday, is that okay?


Oh cos you can! Welcome on board! :wink:

User avatar
ballbeeyo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007
Contact:

Postby ballbeeyo » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:39 pm

Leela wrote:I don't think we could ever have a son like Bobby. He's one of a kind... :D


Yes, one of a NAUGHTY kind! :P


Bonbon wrote:I'm in....hopefully by sat i'll be sober enough....but you know me bobby, i'll be a 1/10th of Player ok Embarassed Smile
9/10 of a chiller heheheh


I think I will end up with you being the chiller! :) I will tell you why on saturday! :D


By the way guys, I want you people to see this url!
This is a new sports that came out not long ago.

You can view the video and I think it is quite interesting!
It's call bossaball.

Bossaball is a ball game between 2 teams.
It's a mix of volleyball, football, gymnastics and capoeira.

http://www.bossaball.com/english.html


ENJOY and rest well people :D

User avatar
crystaljade
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu, 15 Jun 2006

Postby crystaljade » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:33 am

Bobby,

Sorry.... I wont be able to make it this week... so sad :cry:

But no worries my spirit will be there cheering for you !!!! :cool:
hope you guys enjoy and won't get burned :wink:
See you all around la !!!!!

User avatar
ballbeeyo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007
Contact:

Postby ballbeeyo » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:37 am

crystaljade wrote:Bobby,

Sorry.... I wont be able to make it this week... so sad :cry:

But no worries my spirit will be there cheering for you !!!!


We will definitely miss your nonsense and laughter!
See you around soon!

User avatar
PoohBear
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun, 24 Apr 2005
Location: Dance Floor

Postby PoohBear » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 8:08 am

ballbeeyo wrote:
crystaljade wrote:Bobby,

Sorry.... I wont be able to make it this week... so sad :cry:

But no worries my spirit will be there cheering for you !!!!


We will definitely miss your nonsense and laughter!
See you around soon!


Hey, Bobby, don't only miss her .... :roll: I won't be in town as well ..
of course my spirit will be there to support your guys :P ....
So ... remember to miss me ya .. :cool: -- Tina

User avatar
babykasim
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 18 Jun 2005
Location: 1 22N, 103 48E

Postby babykasim » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 9:15 am

ballbeeyo wrote:Bossaball is a ball game between 2 teams.
It's a mix of volleyball, football, gymnastics and capoeira.

http://www.bossaball.com/english.html


i hear capoeira and i'm interested already
have you try it? who knows you could give us a demo this saturday :)

User avatar
ballbeeyo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007
Contact:

Postby ballbeeyo » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 9:21 am

PoohBear wrote: Hey, Bobby, don't only miss her .... :roll: I won't be in town as well ..
of course my spirit will be there to support your guys :P ....
So ... remember to miss me ya .. :cool: -- Tina


Haha! I will see you the next time soon! Take care and enjoy yourself! :D

babykasim wrote:i hear capoeira and i'm interested already
have you try it? who knows you could give us a demo this saturday :)


Haha! Given the right equipments, maybe i will give you guys a demo!
I heard they are hosting on game at Republic Poly this coming Saturday!
But as you see, beach volleyball is much more important!

Sebastian
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun, 22 Aug 2004

Postby Sebastian » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 9:25 am

capoeira is nice
Try a little kindness - Otis Redding

User avatar
deb96
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2005

Postby deb96 » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:32 am

This may look serious as they are all Caps! Some words from Big Daddi from his last post for VB.
Need to put this message out again for evryone joining us for Beach volleyball!

" FINAL REMINDER - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINK TO THE VENUE, CONSUME IT VERY DISCREETLY AS KM8 WILL BAN, AND HAVE DONE IN THE PAST, GROUPS WHO HAVE TAKEN LIBERTIES. I GUESS BEING THE 'CAPTAIN' AND KNOWING THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF VERY WELL OVER TIME, IVE MANAGED TO HELP THE GROUP GET AWAY WITH STUFF AND THEYVE TURNED A BLIND EYE TO MANY INCIDENTS BUT SINCE I WONT BE AROUND FOR A WHILE, I ASK THAT SELF POLICING OF SOME SORT SHOULD BE ADHERED TO. I CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO COME BACK TO FIND THERES NO MORE VOLLEYBALL FOR ME TO ORGANISE!

(THE COURT IS THE property OF KM8 AND ONLY CUSTOMERS OF KM8 CAN PLAY - THEY DONT LIKE NON-CUSTOMERS PLAYING VB BECAUSE IF THE COURT GETS DAMAGED, AND IT HAS IN THE PAST, THEY DONT MIND PAYING TO REPAIR IT IF IT WAS DUE TO CUSTOMERS - THEY HATE IT WHEN ITS OUTSIDERS SO THEY NOW POLICE THIS AND YOU CAN USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GAME AND OUTSIDERS ARE ON THE COURT, JUST INFORM MANAGEMENT!)

I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT WE ARE ONTO A GOOD THING - WE GET SOOOO MUCH VB TIME NOWADAYS DESPITE THE LARGE SIZE OF THE GROUP SO PLEASE, DONT TAKE THE PISS WHEN CONSUMING YOUR OWN STUFF. BE DISCREET ABOUT IT AND DONT MESS IT UP BY GETTING THE GROUP BANNED WHEN A VERY LARGE MAJORITY OF THE GROUP DO BUY DO BUY JUGS OF DRINKS AND ORDER FOOD FROM KM8.

A CASE OF YOU LOOK AFTER THEM, AND BELIEVE ME, THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU! MANAGEMENT HAVE EVEN KICKED OTHER PEOPLE OFF THE ONLY ROOFED TABLE BY THE COURT JUST FOR OUR SOLE DUE TO THE FACT THEY KNOW US VERY WELL AND THAT IT HAS BECOME ALMOST AN INSTITUTIONAL WATERING AREA FOR US! ITS REALLY CONVENIENT AS ITS THE 'BEST' TABLE AND NEAREST TO THE ACTION! YOU SCRATCH THEIR BACK, AND THEYLL CERTAINLY SCRATCH YOURS! "

Debs :cool:

Sebastian
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun, 22 Aug 2004

Postby Sebastian » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:46 am

seemed fair enough. Even for us to book a court with Rasa Sentosa will coz about 15 an hour (that was like 2 years ago).

On a separate note, i was wondering what would you guys think if I ask my friends (we played at TBCC before) to join in, but I am abit concern that the crowd might get too big as well.

Hmmmm... let me check with them if they are keen to purchase their own net so that we can set it up nearby, then we'll have two courts to play. :)
Try a little kindness - Otis Redding

User avatar
deb96
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2005

Postby deb96 » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 2:14 pm

Hi sebestian,

Anybody can join the VB session. Just need to take turns playing if the group gets bigger.
This is a public court....as long as they are customers of KM8.

debs :lol:

User avatar
keith425
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 29 May 2006

Postby keith425 » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 2:24 pm

bossaball. seems like sepaktakraw on a volleyball court. interesting.

speaking of mixing sports up: ages ago, 3 fools, myself included, came up with a mix of soccer, basketball and boxing!


ballbeeyo wrote:
Leela wrote:I don't think we could ever have a son like Bobby. He's one of a kind... :D


Yes, one of a NAUGHTY kind! :P


Bonbon wrote:I'm in....hopefully by sat i'll be sober enough....but you know me bobby, i'll be a 1/10th of Player ok Embarassed Smile
9/10 of a chiller heheheh


I think I will end up with you being the chiller! :) I will tell you why on saturday! :D


By the way guys, I want you people to see this url!
This is a new sports that came out not long ago.

You can view the video and I think it is quite interesting!
It's call bossaball.

Bossaball is a ball game between 2 teams.
It's a mix of volleyball, football, gymnastics and capoeira.

http://www.bossaball.com/english.html


ENJOY and rest well people :D

germangirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed, 31 Jan 2007
Location: East Coast

Postby germangirl » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 3:33 pm

I will watch Mama and Papa over the weekend in Cambodia then ;o)

You all enjoy the Volleyball n see you next week !!!
we know what we are, but know not what we may be

mystic_amigo
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 17 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Beach volleyball @KM8 Sentosa SAT 27th & SUN 28th Oc

Postby mystic_amigo » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 5:03 pm

Injury, outstation travel, visitors, shifting, and more travel has kept me away from VB for sometime. Hopefully a ‘fit’ mystic amigo and in town for the coming week-end. Bobby - count me in for Sunday.

Bobby’s Papa and Mama, have a great trip. Hope to see you’ll next week

Cheers


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests