Singapore Expats Forum

Keep or Repeal 377A Petition?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
leona123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu, 14 Oct 2010

Postby leona123 » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 8:20 pm

To WIMH,

...I don't think the country should be run according to my views only.


Neither do I. And neither do I think that I should shove my opinions or religious beliefs down another person's throat.

And I am still interested in YOUR answer to my question which was sort-of based on YOUR question,
In a dominantly pro-ssm country, whose opinions do you think should inform the law? The majority pro-ssm people or the minority who feel that their unproven god and religion should dictate the law?

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 8:42 pm

Leona, I already answered your question yesterday. Majority.

Wind In My Hair wrote:
carteki wrote:The point of a democracy is that it is the majority who rule - with some safeguards - and when that majority changes then the laws can be changed or even if society changes. It is not without its flaws, but its probably the best system we have.

Exactly.

leona123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu, 14 Oct 2010

Postby leona123 » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 8:44 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Leona, I already answered your question yesterday. Majority.

Wind In My Hair wrote:
carteki wrote:The point of a democracy is that it is the majority who rule - with some safeguards - and when that majority changes then the laws can be changed or even if society changes. It is not without its flaws, but its probably the best system we have.

Exactly.


Apologies. Your opinion noted.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 4:32 am

x9200 wrote:Ksl, what you wrote just applies to anybody. I bet there are more straight guys as per fraction of the whole population who want and do molest other ppl. How is it possible that I have no such, not a single bad experience with homosexuals for my entire life and I am not that young afterall? Could be that I am too ugly but something tells me it is not that reason.
I think i am being a little misunderstood here, and i also agree with what you say, though I guess it also depends if you have been in the wrong place at the wrong time too.

I mean in Malta I found them quite infringing and overbearing obviously because of alcohol and when you have a party of them it takes all kinds, I was with a lady at the time and i wasn't very amused at their behaviour or language used, just because they were all out of the closet.

I also have close friends that are also in their own relationships, who are quite the opposite to what i have experienced, so I believe its a matter of ones own experiences.

Also having spent time in the nick for a civilian non payment of alimony I was thrown in with some homosexual nutters that had been locked up 16 years and they was being released that weekend. Though when one grabbed my ankles and the other tried to slit my throat with a safety razor blade, i retaliated fiercely in defence.

Though of course it could happen with any larger louts, or even the cliche initiations that go on in the military too, my point is given the opportunity of lack of control and egged on by others, things soon get out of hand.

What is perverse to some is not perverse to others, laws are laws and I'm very happy if they are not changed just to suit people that have perversions of marrying the same sex.

Anal sex is an offence even with a man and woman in some countries, some women enjoy who cares, its all about behaviour in public and not committing offences

I just don't see the point, come to that I don't see the point of marriage either so basically I just don't care, that doesn't make me homophobic, it makes me cautious as it would if i was surrounded by criminals.

Even in the toilets here in Singapore you have to be careful because some of the areas are riddled with perverts, according to the local papers, I'm not pointing fingers at homosexuals as most of the offenders are probably straight up guys, though if all laws should be relaxed to suit every perversion, i think we would have a slightly more uncontrollable society. So I just don't see the point, they can scrap marriage as well for all i care, if its that what is bothering them

My opinion says very little, as i never vote, because I learn to live with it, that's all i'm saying. SE you are right, an old post, I was just replying to Eric of course, better late than never :) Though maybe he doesn't think so. No need to take offence by it all, I mean i took my blinkers off many years ago 1970 to be exact, because Boogi Street was a kind of melting pot a meeting place for all types of fetishism and perverts for all types of people a remarkable time was had by all in good fun, and i do have homosexual friends too, one that followed me every where, until I asked the question,,,and he replied he was gay.

I just apologised and said that i was not, what else can i do :) It's by no means a phobia, and i get on quite well with all the queens too, I mean the lady boys.

Offbase is right SE: by the way, I have quite a few bibles around the house, never did understand why they where all different, though the one i read, even said that man should not marry, because the love of god, would be diverted towards the woman and family and one would lose their attention. I tend to agree that beautiful looking women can be a problem :oops:,

All marriages should be abolished if more than 50% are getting divorced, the majority rule right :)

Though one thing is for certain, homosexuality as always exsist and will continue legal or not..

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 7:44 pm

ksl wrote:I mean in Malta I found them quite infringing and overbearing obviously because of alcohol and when you have a party of them it takes all kinds, I was with a lady at the time and i wasn't very amused at their behaviour or language used, just because they were all out of the closet.

I bet again you can find in your life many more situations like this provoked by the straight guys. You are biased by your own sexuality and this ads up to the problem which has completely nothing to do with somebody being homosexual or not. I am not comfortable seeing two guys kissing neither but this does not make them perverts.


society. So I just don't see the point, they can scrap marriage as well for all i care, if its that what is bothering them

Well, if they are in love and want to share they lives together than this is rather a good than bad thing.


User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:25 am

You are biased by your own sexuality and this ads up to the problem


There is no problem if there is already a solution and that solution works :-|
Biased are your words and I'm pretty sure I understand why you say i am biased, I also studied psychology for many years. Though I have never had any problems over my sexuality to feel any worry that i was on one side of the fence or the other. It was clear cut at 11 or 12 years old what i wanted and it wasn't ballet dancing, no offence to the UK film Billy Elliot, I thought it was inspiring.

Though I do know a few married men that have that problem, in fact i was once asked to go home with one guy and freak his wife, you see how desperate he was to satisfy his own uncontrollable desires, you know what he said to me, the exact same words that you are actually saying to me :lol:

That I was biased and had a problem to except my own sexuality, that appears to be the famous phrase.

He was really pissed off because he couldn't score, I mean come on if they see it as normal, then they are in a minority......it takes lots of genetics to make a population mix like ours and i would believe that many people have things in the closet, they like to keep quite.

It's when you give them a free reign by legalising it, that they feel it is normal. I mean masturbation is the most normal thing in the world for men, kids and babies but is it legal in public?

I have a DJ friend who was quite a hit with the women, and he married a really beautiful model, they settled down and had kids, I guess it was 0 years or so later, I was told they divorced, irretrievable breakdown of marriage, because he wouldn't stop dressing up in his wife's underwear

I mean common, how could one feel biased towards people that have hang ups, I think its more sympathy, after all my own sisters boy of 26 is gay, and he talks like one too, though I have never felt this word bias when there is a very simple solution, you have to accept that some people are different, just as they are in colour too.

I will admit its very difficult to understand because one doesn't feel any attraction to men or feel goose pimples, so I cannot relate to it.

Probably the same way others cannot relate to my own desires of having an orgy with women :lol:

It's OffBase as SE said, I think its more logical to say homosexuals or bisexuals feel biased because the straight and narrow guys are not fair game, which really does blow their fuse, I know because many tell me of their frustrations, after all feelings and emotions are difficult to control.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 8:21 am

*sigh* I really did not suggest you are a crypto-gay of some sort but this is an interesting response anyway :) I suggested something just opposite - we are all biased - that's how the sexual drive works. Preconditioned, preprogrammed, if you do not like the other word, for some subconscious emotional responses.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:40 pm

x9200 wrote:*sigh* I really did not suggest you are a crypto-gay of some sort but this is an interesting response anyway :) I suggested something just opposite - we are all biased - that's how the sexual drive works. Preconditioned, reprogrammed, if you do not like the other word, for some subconscious emotional responses.


I'm not fully convinced that homosexuality is pre-programmed, i think it is much more complex and unstable characteristic's, with hormone balance to be a problem. I do know for fact that having too many female hormones for example will show characteristic changes in body behaviour this can be rectified with what's called an injection of bulls balls, just to balance the hormone's.

I do believe that homosexuality maybe influenced by peer pressure and pre programming if there is a slightest chance of an imbalance of hormone's, the other side of the coin, is that some people are just sex crazy and will shag anything on 2 or 4 legs, My sisters boy was assaulted by a family of pedophiles over quite a long time before it was discovered, a neighbour, even the wife and there own children were involved in the assault. It obviously had traumatic effects on the boy and none of the counselling worked, he withdrew into himself and became very destructive, cutting up new clothes, it didn't help that it was a drug environment, he was eventually kicked out of school.

I talked to him when he was around 15 when he confided in me, that he thought he was gay, I found the whole affair quite disturbing myself, but considering what he had been exposed too at a very young age, the child obviously thought it normal, are was under great fear to expose the incidents, only years later do questions come out.

I think basically that I'm not biased towards homosexuals, I am biased towards sexual molesters, and have a fear, that my own daughter maybe assaulted too, if i don't keep an eye on her. I think under the circumstance this is only a natural response to having been exposed to certain events that have an effect on my life.

Naturally for those that think it will never happen to them or their children, are not living in the real world, my point and examples are that no matter how much you think you know your best friend, you do not. No matter how much you believe you know your husband or wife, you really do not.

In my life i have had to deal with many realities, even the short term 10 days I was jailed in A wing, a high security lock up for long serving criminal prisoners, while i was waiting to be processed, or until I could transfer the alimony that i owed. which was 1k.

I lived overseas at the time so the authorities set an example, so I lost also my job which I had previously started. Though the fact was the prison guards, thought it was funny to shove me in a cell with a homosexual psychopath and molester, has he was waiting release that weekend after serving 16 years.

He raped the other guy in the cell i shared, he was his trained bitch, he forced his bitch to attempt to hold me down, while he slashed me with a razor. I was 28 and in my prime, trained in unarmed combat and Aikido, I had close quarter combat experience, with a lot more than 2 people, so even though I felt fear, my fear was controlled, the reason he tried to slash me, was that I had previously dropped his 6ft 6inch frame, in a matter of seconds.

I rang the bell to get the wardens attention and they came, and did nothing but grin though by breakfast the next day I told them you put me back in the cell with him and i will kill him and there heads will role. Only then did they take me seriously. So when I hear the word prejudice and biased, it maybe possible, though I am not aware of it, as i deal with situations as they arise in a predetermined manner, I have extremely very good insight and intuition because of my experiences and travels and I have mixed with some pretty rough party animals in my past, though not intentionally.

This guy I would never forget because he was named Pete Murray, quite a famous DJ at the time off the Radio. Anyway this monster was released and rearrested after only 1 month of freedom for raping young male students up in Scotland, beating up and robbing an old aged woman.

Though like you I find the topic interesting, that's why i have replied, though I have not made any judgement, as I consider my own theories, though marriage and legal changes I am against, because it's against the majority vote.

I think one would also be surprised, just how many homosexuals are in the position to have influence for change in the law, again it is all logical to me that people that are different will be attracted to places whereby they can continue to get their kicks if it is to cause pain, sexual gratification or any other perverse fetish, be it behind the cloth in Church, Children's homes, Schools Teaching, the police force, the Army, both Mens and Women's.

I am just amazed that the world is still so naive, and some people too.Some countries would even go to the extent of arresting people for talking about it anything that was not seen as normal, so denial that problems exist is very common in many countries. So my opinion is that same sex marriage is detrimental to society as it is today in most Countries.

One can also see in more liberalised Countries like Denmark, that marriage is no big deal, I have no idea if this is damaging to the kids or not, but the life appeals to me more in that Country, because it is so much free, the UK appears to be full of Victorian bigotry, a little like here, which i believe is fine, we live and let live, without making a big deal out of it.
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:52 pm

Oh quit it. All of you.

Can't you just agree to disagree?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:54 pm

nakatago wrote:Oh quit it. All of you.

Can't you just agree to disagree?
You mean stop bitching and make love not war :lol: Though you are right Yawn, it gets boring!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 3:07 pm

ksl wrote:
nakatago wrote:Oh quit it. All of you.

Can't you just agree to disagree?
You mean stop bitching and make love not war :lol: Though you are right Yawn, it gets boring!


interesting choice of words there. :o

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 5:08 pm

nakatago wrote:Oh quit it. All of you.

Can't you just agree to disagree?

No no and NO! Ksl is generally a very reasonable guy and he is definitely worth fighting to liberate him from his intellectual perversion!

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:11 pm

x9200 wrote:
nakatago wrote:Oh quit it. All of you.

Can't you just agree to disagree?

No no and NO! Ksl is generally a very reasonable guy and he is definitely worth fighting to liberate him from his intellectual perversion!
:lol: :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHey9-4TGjk


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests