Singapore Expats Forum

Where to buy a sieve (sifter)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:50 am

Speaking of meat, there's a HBD near me at Bukit Batok east where a small wet market sells meat and veg- d'ya reckon that meat is safe to buy there? The conditions in these wet markets look a little sus to me......... :?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 1:48 pm

ozchick wrote:So where is the Swiss butcher located guys?
Hang on- googled it- Bukah Timah- mm nice and close to me....
And Superglide- where is his meat from- maybe from a place a little sth of Sg ? Oh YEAH !!! The land of plenty ! :P

Swiss Butcher is located at Greenwood avenue. Dunearn Road, go left into Hillcrest ROad, then keep left after the bend, to go left on Greenwood Avenue. You will see a square with all kinds of boutique shops and restaurants, bit like Chip Bee Gardens look and feel.

His meat is from.... NZ! :P

(I am sure he also sells from your land of plenty though :wink: )

About buying from the wet markets here, it is safe to do so, but look carefully at the meat when buying: color, texture, smell.

It's amazingly cheap as well.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 3:11 pm

Superglide wrote:About buying from the wet markets here, it is safe to do so, but look carefully at the meat when buying: color, texture, smell.

It's amazingly cheap as well.

And can taste much better. A wet market chicken, slaughtered only hours before, is quite delicious comapred to it's frozen counterpart at the grocery store.