Singapore Expats Forum

Where is the thread-do people here HAtE themselves? Where?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

brownsugar

Where is the thread-do people here HAtE themselves? Where?

Postby brownsugar » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 1:05 am

Why is the moderator doing this? What's the matter with the post.Do people here hate themselves? Why was it deleted? Is it because it became the most popular thread on Singaporeexpats?????? Its quit sad you took it off.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 2:01 am

I didn't remove it. :( :???:

Whiteteeth

Postby Whiteteeth » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 2:27 am

What thread? I am curious?

rhino
Regular
Regular

Re: Where is the thread-do people here HAtE themselves? Wher

Postby rhino » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 7:06 am

brownsugar wrote:Why is the moderator doing this? What's the matter with the post.Do people here hate themselves? Why was it deleted? Is it because it became the most popular thread on Singaporeexpats?????? Its quit sad you took it off.

Most popular?!?! I think you'll find the "Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad" thread, at 539 pages, is just slightly more popular.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic1180-8070.html

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Where is the thread-do people here HAtE themselves? Wher

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 9:36 am

brownsugar wrote:Why is the moderator doing this? What's the matter with the post.Do people here hate themselves? Why was it deleted? Is it because it became the most popular thread on Singaporeexpats?????? Its quit sad you took it off.

What makes you think that the moderators are doing it? We have never deleted a thread. We have moved threads to the rubbish forum on occasion or split threads do to rubbish or off tangent discussions, but we have never deleted a thread that I'm aware of (unless it's an advertiser starting a new thread.

However, we have, due to software glitches lost a few threads in the past. Two notable ones were the thread on SCUBA diving that was in the "Entertainment, Leisure & Sports" thread and the "Over 30's" thread (which was some 60 pages long) from the "Events, Gatherings, Making Friends" Forum.

I assure you, regardless of the quality of (or lack of) your posts, we would not have deleted your thread. Unfortunately, we have also learned recently that the backup system hasn't been working for a month or two (found this out when the 30's club lost their thread a couple of weeks ago).

I have notified Admin but I don't know if the backup system has been restored yet or not.

sms

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 9:39 am

Thread? Which thread? There was no thread. Never was. Thread?
- Thank God for Darwin -

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 9:56 am

cutiebutie wrote:Thread? Which thread? There was no thread. Never was. Thread?

Is this what happens when your printer driver doesn't cooperate? :console:

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:23 am

I think the OP here was referring to a discussion about how there seems to be a dearth of advertisements featuring Asian models. The OP of that thread wrote a provocative question about people hating themselves here since all the ads seem to present that the ideal look is the fair complexion of foreign models. :)

And I did a search on it and it appears on the search result page but when I click on the link, it says that the post does not exist. :?
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

brownsugar

Postby brownsugar » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 6:16 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:I think the OP here was referring to a discussion about how there seems to be a dearth of advertisements featuring Asian models. The OP of that thread wrote a provocative question about people hating themselves here since all the ads seem to present that the ideal look is the fair complexion of foreign models. :)

And I did a search on it and it appears on the search result page but when I click on the link, it says that the post does not exist. :?

Thanks for the understanding,you got my point. Please Singaporeexpats,can you retrive my belove thread. Of all the postings i made,why will this be gone? Is there a malware hidden somewhere on this site?

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 6:39 pm

brownsugar wrote:Thanks for the understanding,you got my point. Please Singaporeexpats,can you retrive my belove thread. Of all the postings i made,why will this be gone? Is there a malware hidden somewhere on this site?

Read sundaymorningstaple's post above! :roll: :roll:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 6:45 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:I think the OP here was referring to a discussion about how there seems to be a dearth of advertisements featuring Asian models. The OP of that thread wrote a provocative question about people hating themselves here since all the ads seem to present that the ideal look is the fair complexion of foreign models. :)

This is useful information which I will pass on to the admins. It definitely shows some sort of inconsistency in the database... thread is searchable by keywords, which apparently means the thread is still in existence, but does not load into a forum (corrupt forum pointers, perhaps?).

Thanks for the heads up, AG.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:32 pm

I am on a hunger strike for as long as this thread is not recovered.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 1:20 am

Superglide wrote:I am on a hunger strike for as long as this thread is not recovered.

You must be suffering by now? Good for the waistline though!