Singapore Expats Forum

Spin Laundry Detergent (Low Suds) is the worst product ever

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Spin Laundry Detergent (Low Suds) is the worst product ever

Postby huggybear » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 9:41 am

every color no matter what water temp bleeds and all clothes come out discolored.

So i switched back to Tide which costs $12 SGD but the clothes always look brand new and all the colors are retained on the proper articles of clothing.

Spin Detergent is absolute garbage.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 1:00 pm

Is that the normal Spin for Frontloading types of washing machines? If so, my wife's gonna be really upset to hear that. She's been using it for 20 years on all our clothes in front-loaders by Whirlpool and we have only had bleed one time (load of new towels) that she found out later that needed to be washed separately according to the label. :oops:

Wonder if we should change now? We don't use hot water washes though so maybe that has something to do with it?

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sprite » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 1:10 pm

Hot water is usually used to seal the dyeing process, so hot water shouldn't make clothes bleed more but in most cases: lss, but it does depend on the fabric and the type of dye used. Cold water is used to remove stains which are protein based, so it would do the same if the dyes are protein based. :???: Confused yet?

Go back to Tide if it works for you. We use low suds Dynamo most of the time and it works fine (we have a top loadeing GE, but the plumbing is bad and low suds formulas just works better). I know people who use Tide because of allergies and use half the recommended amount, and their clothes are clean and its better for the environment too.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 2:06 pm

Real men discussing laundry detergent!!!

Doesn't get better! :lol:
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sprite » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 2:09 pm

Superglide wrote:Real men discussing laundry detergent!!!

Then why am I wasting all this money on bras! :?

Real men indeed! :???:

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 2:09 pm

wahahah but probably useful......thanks for the tips!!!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 2:36 pm

Superglide wrote:Real men discussing laundry detergent!!!

Yes it does! They are also capable of housework too! Self discipline and motivation are components of good hygiene and self sufficiency, although many men miss their mummies, and smell to high heaven, or pay a fortune, for others to do the work for them. :lol:

I actually had to tell one guy he had BO, because i couldn't stand the smell of his clothes, he was totally unaware of the smell! He wasn't even :oops: aboout it, and to see his apartment yuck! Some people just never make the grade of self sufficiency.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 4:57 pm

it's the front loading one.

I bought it at NTUC.

It comes with a cheap plastic party cup (the kind u can buy at a cold storage or NTUC).

My initial mistake was washing in 40 degrees C water my work out clothes which are a synthetic fabric .... they turned my white socks black. Then i tried 30 degree water ... same effect (note though I bought some bleached and bleached my socks back to the proper color).

Then my washing machine has only one setting for cold water .... a 30 minute wash for "woolens"

That still caused my white socks to turn black. So then i gave up and switched to Tide ... and like in the states i can wash whites with colors and don't have to seperate vigourously.

One time i had in all whites and i think one black pair of shorts as a test (the pair of shorts had been previously washed so usually where i'm from in the states that means it won't bleed). well the towels came out all black. Luckily I bleached the white towels back to their virgin white from their "i've been out partying and am doing the walk of shame" white.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 7:32 am

I only use cold water amd Amway products. No problems and not allergies. It's nice to see real men in this conversation.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 9:54 am

Matney,

Don't know about real men thing or not, but when both parents have always worked and also done without domestic help as well, both HAVE to share the domestic chores as well in order to keep chaos to a minimum and harmony in the household. Least it worked for me! :cool:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:26 am

Well,

I guess I am the only REAL man here then! 8-)

(I'll get my coat now...)

Pablo Picasso

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:45 am

What was the post you made a little while ago?

Something like "Showing off in virtual reality eh?"

Couldn't resist! :P

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:48 pm

ya ya ya... :-k

That was about some dude saying money is not of any importance.

This is about men. (or something along that line...).

Pablo Picasso

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:04 am

huggy,

Thanks for the heads up about Spin Detergent.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 1:02 pm

I am somewhat concerned that this seems to be a problem. I find it extremely hard to believe a product that was here before I came to Singapore 25 years ago and is still being sold in large quantities is doing that to your clothes. If this was a common occurrence I would think it would have been pulled from the market years ago.

Just doesn't seem right that you seem to be the only one. Oh, as far as I know, the locals rarely separate their clothes into colors & whites/lites before washing. My wife never does (only separating the delicates for handwashing).