Singapore Expats Forum

Pre-maid clean up.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Pre-maid clean up.

Postby ozchick » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 8:51 pm

Does anyone else do this - the big tidy-up before the maid comes ?
I can't let her see the place like this ?! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

remersonh

Postby remersonh » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 9:33 pm

I've only been in my apartment for two weeks, so this Sat is the first that I'll have a maid come ... but, yeah. I was contemplating it!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 9:50 pm

There are 2 reasons for this madness.
1. If you don't 'put things away where they should be', she'll be frustrated and pissed off that she can't leave it nice and tidy for you OR WORSE STILL- she'll put it some place where you won't be able to find it....
2. If your place is in a real mess , she may inadvertantly get the idea that your standards are low- and then you come home to find a less- than -satisfactory job done.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 3:09 pm

where i'm at, we normally get part-time ones who are actually cleaners at where we work and looking to earn extra bucks on their off days, so i tell them what to expect and what i expect too... and stay home to "supervise"... but i usually pay them extra when they do a good job... if they don't, i change them, there're so many its competitive and the community is small here, they don want anyone spreading bad reviews about them, so they usually clean good...

but i usually remove bulky items so they'll not have excuse to leave out "unreachable" areas... :wink:

gee, if i was to do a pre-maid clean up, i might as well clean it up myself... :P
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...