Singapore Expats Forum

Any black/ mixed race people in the house???

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jinad05

Any black/ mixed race people in the house???

Postby jinad05 » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 3:24 pm

Hi i'v just arrived in singapore, and found that you hardly see black people around. are there any about?? if so holla back and we could organise something.

zhoumulian

Postby zhoumulian » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:49 pm

finally....yes there is at least one fellow soul here...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:26 am

Actually, there is a community of blacks here in Singapore it's just that they maintain a rather low profile. There is a pub in Little India near Mustafa's that is a primary hangout for a number of blacks. (The name of the pub escapes me but I'm sure if you go to Mustafa's or some of the places around there they could direct you to the place - it was written up in the local rag at some point early this year if I remember correctly). From what I gather they are primarily from S.African, Nigeria, and some of the other Countries of Africa. There are a sprinkling of Black Americans and Brits here as well but you would probably have to check out the American or British Clubs to locate them.

I am sure zhoumulian will be able to help you better than I.

jinad05

Postby jinad05 » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:38 am

nice to hear from you guys, i'm nigerian actually and male. so its obvious i'm interested in going out and meeting peeps, well girls especially. so what do you guys do to have fun?? and do you know much about this gathering, i.e what they get up to and etc???

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 8:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, there is a community of blacks here in Singapore it's just that they maintain a rather low profile.

I've met a couple of the "local" footballers from Senegal and Mali who have been here in Singapore for more than a decade - having been recruited for football training when they were ~15-16.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There is a pub in Little India near Mustafa's that is a primary hangout for a number of blacks.

Have a look at a photograph of the C.L.E. African Restaurant on http://preetamrai.com/weblog/archives/2 ... singapore/

jinad05

Postby jinad05 » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:43 am

thanks a lot for the info mate, i'l definitely check it out.

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 1:30 pm

You're welcome.

jinad05 wrote:i'm nigerian

Not sure if you're Catholic, but a few Nigerians attend mass at the

Church of Our Lady of Lourdes
50 Ophir Road

http://www.veritas.org.sg/cdir.php?acti ... hu&value=5

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 4:16 pm

hei guess what wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, there is a community of blacks here in Singapore it's just that they maintain a rather low profile.

I've met a couple of the "local" footballers from Senegal and Mali who have been here in Singapore for more than a decade - having been recruited for football training when they were ~15-16.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There is a pub in Little India near Mustafa's that is a primary hangout for a number of blacks.

Have a look at a photograph of the C.L.E. African Restaurant on http://preetamrai.com/weblog/archives/2 ... singapore/

That's the one.

The higher end African Restuarants are theme restaurants more than they are restaurants that cater to Africans.

kristen love

Postby kristen love » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 4:12 pm

looking for nigerian boyfriend.
kristen love

kristen love

Postby kristen love » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 4:13 pm

i ve always wanted to get to know a nigerian guy....cuz i had one guy before and he was so sweet.my question is, are they a serious lot in terms of relationship?............im a singaporean, and i love the african tradition.
kristen love

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 6:41 pm

Are you looking for a boyfriend or an infatuation?

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 9:35 pm

kristen love wrote:looking for nigerian boyfriend.
:shock:

Bit scary when you base your relationship choice on nationality rather than what the person is like.

Jessy88

Postby Jessy88 » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 5:41 am

Hi there
I am a Malaysian Chinese and having a Nigerian boyfriend. We are planning to celebrate d Christmas in Singapore. My boyfriend has been in Malaysia for 3 yrs and he is always saying that he is missing Nigerian foods. We tried some in Malaysia and they were not up to his expectation. Is there any nice Nigerian food in Singapore which we can try? I want to give him a surprise coz i knw he reali misses 9ja.
Jessy88

joliefemme536

Postby joliefemme536 » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:06 am

Not in the house yet but will be in March 2010!!! (Yeah, I'm a little excited lol)

Jennifer

pykee
Regular
Regular

wow

Postby pykee » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:46 pm

wow Jennifer,
cool afro!