Singapore Expats Forum

Why are we here and why do we stay - or not.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Reasons for being/staying in Singapore

Company Transfer, pure and simple economics
16%
Personal Choice
37%
Affairs of the heart
5%
My country of origin can't offer me what Singapore can
21%
A springboard to the rest of Asia
21%

Total votes: 19

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 8:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And I would kill for warm brownies! :x

sms, lend me your oven for an afternoon and I'll bake you brownies. :P I'll throw in a few bars of food for the gods too.

Ozchick,

Don't give up hun. Just remember that what you're dealing with is HTML. It's a mark-up language where you need to define the "beginning" of what you're trying to mark up with

Code: Select all

[qoute]

and define the "end" of what you're trying to mark with

Code: Select all

[/quote]

It also helps if you first use the "Preview" button so you can see how your final work will look before you press the "Submit" button.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 8:23 pm

Now back to the OP's question. I never thought I'd like it here. But when I first set foot here, I was just amazed with the infrastructure. I don't drive so I like the extensive MRT system and bus services. I also like the fact that the CBD has a lot of trees and plants. The main thing I like here is that I feel quite safe. I live near the PSA and I sometimes get home a bit late. Now back in my home country, you wouldn't see me any time near the port area when it's night time. Lastly, there's more opportunities in terms of my career here. More chances to grow. :) Of course, not everything here is rosy. But one takes the good with the bad.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 2:43 am

ozchick wrote:This is NOT funny ! Going to eat chocolate now and you 2 boys are sacked !
Anyone who can cope with ozchick's inability to use quotes on this site- step up ! Maybe speak a language I can understand or put it in point form. (Sighs and goes to check fridge status). All efforts greatfully acknowledged but not sms or plavt. One of them's a yank and the other's Russian- what hope have I got ?! :wink:

write here and you will be fine :P