Good Office Supply Store similar to "Staples" in US ?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
barbaraus

Good Office Supply Store similar to "Staples" in U

Post by barbaraus » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 6:24 pm

Hi,

Is there a good office supply store or chain in Singapore similar to Staples or OfficeMax in the US ? I tried upstairs at Carrefour which has
one aisle of such items, but I'm looking for more selection. Items such as folders, pens in bulk, highlighters, whiteboard accessories, etc..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Barbara

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 7:44 pm

About the closest to an office supply store I ever found was the Popular bookstores, Orchard MRT or Marine Parade or Jurong MRT are the ones I know to find. But nothing like what you are familiar with . . .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 8:25 pm

You could also try Giant @ IMM in Jurong East. But it's going to be a lot like Carrefour I would suspect.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Post by KeriT » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:18 pm

I can't remember the name of the place but its located in Funan Mall @ level 2.. alternatively try the Popular @ Bras Basah

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 3:28 pm

KeriT wrote:I can't remember the name of the place but its located in Funan Mall @ level 2.. alternatively try the Popular @ Bras Basah
Aah, yes, maybe, but it's basically like Popular, It's at one end of the floor and occupies the whole end but it's more retail than commercial in nature but might do.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sprite » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 6:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
KeriT wrote:I can't remember the name of the place but its located in Funan Mall @ level 2.. alternatively try the Popular @ Bras Basah
Aah, yes, maybe, but it's basically like Popular, It's at one end of the floor and occupies the whole end but it's more retail than commercial in nature but might do.
Maybe you're thinking of Stationery Superstore? I think the Popular at Bras Basah is a bit more comprehensive -- but its pretty close. Barbara, neither one is Office Max, but you'll find most of what you're looking for. Go to Funan if you need computer related items. Bras Basah if you want to walk through Raffles or need Art supplies from Art Friend.

barbaraus

Good Office Supply Store similar to "Staples" in U

Post by barbaraus » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:49 pm

Thank you everybody for your replies!
Looks like I have a few places to try...

Much appreciated !
Barbara

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hei guess what » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:48 am