Singapore Expats Forum

Qatar Airways Interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
noophz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 15 Oct 2007

Postby noophz » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 1:41 pm

Fina wrote:
noophz wrote:Hi, I have just checked their website (Hyatt Regency) and it's actually not very far from the immigration checkpoint. Can actually take taxi and it will cost much lesser than staying there. Well, just a thought.

Wanna go too but might get a little lazy when the day comes lolz. May I know what time does it start and end?


i also tot that... but abit rushing......start at 9 am


Hi fina,

Previously when I attended Qatar cabin crew recruitment in Singapore, we don't have to come at 9am sharp...they will play some videos and introduction about Qatar that last for about an hour and a half...only then they will start the interview...not sure if it will be the same procedure this time round?

Is it ok for non-Malaysian to go for interview in Malaysia? I am Indonesian btw :-|

Fina
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Fina » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 4:19 pm

noophz wrote:
Fina wrote:
noophz wrote:Hi, I have just checked their website (Hyatt Regency) and it's actually not very far from the immigration checkpoint. Can actually take taxi and it will cost much lesser than staying there. Well, just a thought.

Wanna go too but might get a little lazy when the day comes lolz. May I know what time does it start and end?


i also tot that... but abit rushing......start at 9 am


Hi fina,

Previously when I attended Qatar cabin crew recruitment in Singapore, we don't have to come at 9am sharp...they will play some videos and introduction about Qatar that last for about an hour and a half...only then they will start the interview...not sure if it will be the same procedure this time round?

Is it ok for non-Malaysian to go for interview in Malaysia? I am Indonesian btw :-|


I dun know abt it.... i think shud be ok ...

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 4:28 am

Fina wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Fina wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Fina wrote:
BABE, Im going... count me in!!!


JerBearo wrote:im going too :D Fina!! dun forget to tag me along ya!


Hey guys so only three of uss will be goin?? anyone else??


well i guss only three of us then.... so how we going rite? i tought og booking a room there so that we dun have to rush out time



u wanna book a room? well then how bout Jerbero? his an only guy.....unless if he dun mind..~ :wink:


I dun know... cos if we book a room at least we don't have to rush in the morning you see.... Ive check it out for the room price. the rate is RM336.60 singapore dollars will be ard $160. so how? i dun know you guys wanna divide or not?


up to u... me anything goes~~

Fina
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Fina » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 8:57 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Fina wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Fina wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Fina wrote:
BABE, Im going... count me in!!!


JerBearo wrote:im going too :D Fina!! dun forget to tag me along ya!


Hey guys so only three of uss will be goin?? anyone else??


well i guss only three of us then.... so how we going rite? i tought og booking a room there so that we dun have to rush out time



u wanna book a room? well then how bout Jerbero? his an only guy.....unless if he dun mind..~ :wink:


I dun know... cos if we book a room at least we don't have to rush in the morning you see.... Ive check it out for the room price. the rate is RM336.60 singapore dollars will be ard $160. so how? i dun know you guys wanna divide or not?


up to u... me anything goes~~


I dun know... what do you think?

cutiebabe
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2007

please think twice

Postby cutiebabe » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 1:40 am

hi,

currently i'm still with Qatar airways, if have choice please try other airline. My friend, 1 of the singaporean just terminated bcoz she went out on her standby n e company just terminate her without any warning.

This is a new curfew for all the crew, here is so bored and they still wan to restrict us for going out...no life...we cant leave now, coz we have to compensate the company...no choice..is just my advice.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: please think twice

Postby Plavt » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:24 am

cutiebabe wrote:hi,

currently i'm still with Qatar airways, if have choice please try other airline. My friend, 1 of the singaporean just terminated bcoz she went out on her standby n e company just terminate her without any warning.



Excuse me but doesn't being on stanby mean being available when needed and thus you are effectively at work? :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

mutleeyc
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: singapore

Postby mutleeyc » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:09 am

i get what cutiebabe is trying to say, that there is no room for mistakes at qatar. one strike and you're out :shock:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:58 am

mutleeyc wrote:i get what cutiebabe is trying to say, that there is no room for mistakes at qatar. one strike and you're out :shock:


No, if you care to read other posts relating to QA, cutiebabe's colleague has only herself to blame. :(

cutiebabe
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2007

Postby cutiebabe » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 8:58 pm

is not just that, u must come here n experience just only u will know how bad it is.

We don even can go out if u have standby or flt tmrw. Thats mean most of the time just stay at home the safer. Can u imagine their memo out after they terminated ppl.

If u r here, u will wondering theres so many things waiting for them to do but yet they doing somethinglike this...u can just sigh..

Every flt u will heard, "this is my last flt" or i'm leaving end of the month. Those ppl can stay here for long most r the ppl from the third world country eg, phillipines,india, thai and etc.Coz to them is good $. Is very hard to c Singaporean can stay for more 2 yrs n here have alot of Malaysian too but they r MAS contract crew n usually after their contract n go back too...n stranger will ask where r u frm, if Malaysia or Singapore n they will ask, "WHY U R HERE?"

jenn
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 9:12 pm

cutiebabe, i understand what u meant cos i got a friend who is with QR before ,she had since quit cos she can't tahan, hahaha (not just what u mentioned and other stuffs too).

u can't stay at your accomodation all day/time cos u also have errands to run and other stuffs too. maybe that's why based overseas airline are more strict. but for emirates, i haven't hear from my friend who is flying with them, say anything bad about the airline.

as for SIA, i guess even u have standbys, u are allow to go out and do your own stuffs. i don't think SIA does ground or keep their crews at home when they have standby.

anyway, we as outsiders won't really know what is going on in QR as we are not working in the airline nor we are living there. so i think we can't say or comment much as what is right and what is wrong.

i only heard what my friends true-life experiences are...so pls be nice and dun be sacastic with me... :wink:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 9:29 pm

cutiebabe wrote:is not just that, u must come here n experience just only u will know how bad it is.


I don't need to I am familiar enough already.

We don even can go out if u have standby or flt tmrw. Thats mean most of the time just stay at home the safer.


What are you trying to say here? In the first part of the same sentence you both state and imply you cannot go out on your day off? At the same time you say it is safer to stay home and are apparently contradicting yourself.:???:

Can u imagine their memo out after they terminated ppl.


Uhh?........what? I take you mean reference as regards future emplyment? Well that is up to one's self; if it is important then don't get terminated in the first place. :roll:


Those ppl can stay here for long most r the ppl from the third world country eg, phillipines,india, thai and etc.Coz to them is good


In other words despite the incovienence of living in Dhoa the job is good to some - ever considered just how the money is worth to those living in some of the countries you mention?

Singaporeans and a few others should take a harder look at the region and culture before racing to take a job with the airline concerned. I remember a guy who used to post here had lived in the region and could tell you why you might not care to live and work in or around Dhoa. However, it was the usual story like when a member of SIA's cabin crew executive tried to help he was both scrutinized, riduculed and doubted and in consequence ignored! :roll:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 9:37 pm

jenn wrote:
as for SIA, i guess even u have standbys, u are allow to go out and do your own stuffs. i don't think SIA does ground or keep their crews at home when they have standby.



Much depends on what you mean by go out; the point is if you are on standby you must be available at a moments notice. Talk to just about any ailrine manager, including here in the UK, they all know about the flight attendant that cannot be found when needed. By the way being available does not mean you have to stay in your home.

jenn
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:05 pm

Plavt wrote:
jenn wrote:
as for SIA, i guess even u have standbys, u are allow to go out and do your own stuffs. i don't think SIA does ground or keep their crews at home when they have standby.



Much depends on what you mean by go out; the point is if you are on standby you must be available at a moments notice. Talk to just about any ailrine manager, including here in the UK, they all know about the flight attendant that cannot be found when needed. By the way being available does not mean you have to stay in your home.


Go out means going out of your home, to run errands, to do stuffs, etc., and to make it clearer, my go out doesn't mean go out of singapore. i guess some of the cabin crew with SIA do not stay at home the whole day when they are on standby.

speaking abt airline manager, well, to your delight, i do not know any. and of course they are some cabin crews that are uncontactable.

and ya, By the way being available does not mean you have to stay in your home, i do understand what it means by BEING AVALIABLE. my english might not be as good as you, but i guess i can still understand basic english. :)
Last edited by jenn on Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenn
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:09 pm

cutiebabe wrote:
We don even can go out if u have standby or flt tmrw. Thats mean most of the time just stay at home the safer.


i think what cutiebabe is saying is that they can't/ don't go out if they have standby. and the safest thing to do when they have standby and flights, is to stay at their accomodation all the time.

jenn
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:10 pm

Plavt wrote:Singaporeans and a few others should take a harder look at the region and culture before racing to take a job with the airline concerned. I remember a guy who used to post here had lived in the region and could tell you why you might not care to live and work in or around Dhoa. However, it was the usual story like when a member of SIA's cabin crew executive tried to help he was both scrutinized, riduculed and doubted and in consequence ignored! :roll:


may i ask who is this guy? where did you get the quote from?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests