Singapore Expats

iPod Users

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

iPod Users

Post by Makan24-7 » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 1:34 am

Hey all, just wondered how many iPod users out there set their iPods to manually manage their songs instead of leaving in the default setting which is to automatically synchronize their iPods?

As for me, since I download songs off several computers (2 of mine and the rest, my buddies') the first thing I do is to change my settings to manually manage my songs. That way, iTunes doesn't automatically erase all the songs from my iPod whenever I connect to a new computer that has songs I wanna load into my iPod.

I was surprised to find out how many of my friends didn't know that they

Dobski
Regular
Regular

Post by Dobski » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 1:20 pm

I also manually manage my synching.

I share the PC with the missus, but we don't share the same tastes in music !

I have a playlist on iTunes, but I guess I'm too much of a control freak to let the iPod synch itself based on that Playlist - or maybe I just don't trust technology :lol:
Imagine going on a 2 week vacation to find all you have on your iPod is William Shatner singing "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" :lol:

qwerty2shoes

Post by qwerty2shoes » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 1:15 pm

lol! :) I used to manually manage my syncing. But its only because my ipod only had 5 gb space. Then I got the 80gb video one, what a relief it is to be able to sync ALL my content all of a sudden :) Speaking of iTunes, have you guys checked out iTuneShop.Net? Now we can buy direct from the iTunes US store. Heard its based in singapore with some awesome reviews!

Dobski
Regular
Regular

Post by Dobski » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 5:17 pm

hehehe - is that, perhaps advertising ?
wonder how long that post will last ?!?!? :lol:

qwerty2shoes

Post by qwerty2shoes » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:48 pm

It does look like it doesn't it!? *sigh ... how does one even share a good find on the internet without it looking like spam anymore. Take a look yourselff and tell me its not a good and relavant site to recommend! :)

Dobski
Regular
Regular

Post by Dobski » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:40 am

nice bump :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:23 am

Dobski,

Agreed (both as to being an advertiser and a good bump). However, should our friend make any more references to said site either in this thread or any other thread then he will have given up the right to complain. It is obviously advertising as he only registered to post that link and the site is rather new (however it is still possible due to places like the forum at Hardwarezone that he found out about it). However, as I cannot link him to the site because of the proxy host provider I cannot ethically lock him out. Having said that, if he continues to push the envelope by mentioning the site again or making reference to it, I will lock him out and delete his posts.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dobski
Regular
Regular

Post by Dobski » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:25 pm

hehehe - cool Sunday

sounds like you've done this once or twice before :wink:

MHS

Post by MHS » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 1:21 pm

I use manual as well ... there are too much songs in my com but not every song is my favorite ... Moreover,the songs in my com exceed the capacity of my iPod(80GB).So,it's best to use manual unless all the songs in yr com are your faves and you want them all in. :roll:

Parka

Post by Parka » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:56 pm

I manually sync my songs because I don't have that much songs I want on my iPod.

For podcasts, it's auto sync because I listen to more podcasts than music. It's more convenient that way.

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”