Singapore Expats

mom-to-be

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: mom-to-be

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 May 2018 7:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It might be a good idea. It might also save you some trouble and money as well, if you were to fly over here and the employer was not aware of your pregnancy. That could very well cause you to lose your offer as it's rather expensive to have a child here from an employer's perspective, especially from a new employer's point of view. with something like 2 months of paid maternity leave. I don't believe you would like to come here, get settled in, have the employer find out and then find a reason to let you go. It's been known to happen. On the other hand you might have a caring employer? :roll:
Wouldn't the medical needed for Spass approval highlight this to employer even if they not told?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ritzpdc

Post by ritzpdc » Wed, 16 May 2018 8:23 pm

Barnsley wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It might be a good idea. It might also save you some trouble and money as well, if you were to fly over here and the employer was not aware of your pregnancy. That could very well cause you to lose your offer as it's rather expensive to have a child here from an employer's perspective, especially from a new employer's point of view. with something like 2 months of paid maternity leave. I don't believe you would like to come here, get settled in, have the employer find out and then find a reason to let you go. It's been known to happen. On the other hand you might have a caring employer? :roll:
Wouldn't the medical needed for Spass approval highlight this to the employer even if they not told?
Thanks for the input sundaymorningstaple, the employer is caring and nice. worked with her before for 2 years and was re-hired after 7 years...

that's what I actually thought Barnsley and afraid if that happens Ill disappoint the employer... and we've been like friends all the years...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 May 2018 8:59 pm

Even though you have worked with her before and have a good relationship, you do not want to jeopardize that relationship. Tell her before you fly over as would be a common courtesy AND she will respect you even more. You might be advised to remain in you country until after the birth but if she really wants you know and she knows you are pregnant then you are in the clear. It's better to start with all card face up on the table. And yes, depending on which country you are coming from you would be required to take a medical. This especially so if you are from another Asian country, which I suspect is the case.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ritzpdc

Post by ritzpdc » Thu, 17 May 2018 12:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Even though you have worked with her before and have a good relationship, you do not want to jeopardize that relationship. Tell her before you fly over as would be a common courtesy AND she will respect you even more. You might be advised to remain in you country until after the birth but if she really wants you know and she knows you are pregnant then you are in the clear. It's better to start with all card face up on the table. And yes, depending on which country you are coming from you would be required to take a medical. This especially so if you are from another Asian country, which I suspect is the case.
I guess I have to just be open and try my luck... I read some was given a chance... if the shoe fits then... thanks for the answer! <3