Singapore Expats

mom-to-be

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
jsaha

Post by jsaha » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:29 am

Hi Helen

My son is 2.5 yrs old. Yes, lets get together for coffee. Do you mind send me a PM of your contact? I can't send a PM with my "newbie" status :) Let me get settle in the new place next week, then I will look you up.

Justine

co77ee

Going to the right doctor

Post by co77ee » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 7:53 pm

jsaha wrote:Hi Shura

I am expecting with my 2nd child. I am on my 21 weeks. Just moved here from the US almost 1 month now. Would love to keep in touch with you ... and Helen. We are moving to our permanent place on the east coast next week. Which area do you live?

I also got Dr. Mary Rauff's name through a friend's friend. Dr. Rauff delivered her baby back in May at NUH. She was very happy with Dr. Rauff and with the services at NUH. So I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Rauff anyway, even though it will be on Nov 21 (yikes!). Did you end up making an appointment with her?

Meanwhile, I will try couple more doctors (recommended) and see if I can get any earlier appointment as I am still in the process of searching which Ob/Gyn doctor I feel most comfortable with.

Justine
Yes, it's very important to go to a ob/gynae that you feel most comfortable. I have just given birth to a baby boy on 14 Oct 2007 and I have been seeing Prof Rauff even before I was expecting. She is very experienced and makes you feel at ease. My cousin (now aged 22) was also delivered by her and many of my cousins, nephews and nieces were all delivered by her.

She is at NUH everyday and is available at her Mt E clinic only on Mondays and Wednesdays afternoon, I believe. For me, I visited her at Mt E at the initial part of the pregnancy and later moved to NUH as the waiting time is much shorter and the parking there is more convenient (altho after 9.30am, the Kent Ridge Wing carpark is usually full, so, it's best to get the early appointment).

Hope this helps!
Happy mum of Isaac Khng
www.isaac-khng.blogspot.com

co77ee

NUH Packages

Post by co77ee » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 8:01 pm

For the delivery fees at NUH, you may want to visit

http://www.nuh.com.sg/_og/ogPackages.htm

If you have already decided on seeing a gynae from NUH, it's better off signing the Antenatal Package (Outpatient), however, as the ultra-sound scans are not done at every visits especially during the last part of pregnancy, some parents actually request for additional scans which are charged separately.
Happy mum of Isaac Khng
www.isaac-khng.blogspot.com

shura

hi:)

Post by shura » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 8:06 pm

hi jsaha

first i'd like to congratulate:))) i saw your son's pics...he is adorable:)

as for my situation, i canceled my app. with my previous doctor and now i m relieved:) about Dr.Rauff, although i know she is good, i ll get an appt. with Dr. TC Chang from Thomson as she is too busy and doesnt give any appt until end of Nov. :(

i hope i ll be happy with my new Dr.!!!

thks again:)

Shura

axelleb

Amnio in Singapore?

Post by axelleb » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 9:48 am

I need to have an amnio and was wondering if anyone had experience/recommendation on where is the best place/best doctors to have it done in Singapore.
I called Dr Rauff's office but she won't be back until Feb. so that will be too late.

Any tips?

Many thanks,
axelle

viajera
Regular
Regular

Re: Amnio in Singapore?

Post by viajera » Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:48 am

axelleb wrote:I need to have an amnio and was wondering if anyone had experience/recommendation on where is the best place/best doctors to have it done in Singapore.
I called Dr Rauff's office but she won't be back until Feb. so that will be too late.

Any tips?

Many thanks,
axelle
Try Prof. Biswas, also from the NUH. He's the head of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine and is usually the doc at the Antenatal Diagnostic Center.

CK35
Regular
Regular

Amino

Post by CK35 » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:51 am

Hi I did my amino test yesterday at East Shore Hospital by Dr Aziz. He is very patient and I felt very at ease.

The whole procedure took about 15 minutes.

Congrats on your baby.

Any mom to be want to meet up and feel like hanging out on the weekend?

Due date is May 2008 for me.

Cheers

mc_alex

hey shura

Post by mc_alex » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 5:04 pm

How are u doing? My son is already 8 months old going 9 montns old on 29 of dec Dr. Kang Wee (the private suite) in KK hospital is my OB-GYN she is very good doctor and very comfortbale to be with which i think is important. shes a senior consultant.

Mohana P

Baby

Post by Mohana P » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 5:07 pm

Hi i m priya here, i m a 6mths pregnant. n i m a young mummy as well.... Do any1 giv me advice on wat i shuld do n nt to do???? 1st time pregnant.

shura

Post by shura » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:32 am

hi priya:)

its my first pregnancy too...how old are you? i m 32 years old. eventhough i m not very young its scary to be pregnant...sometimes i donno what i should do as same as you:( i mean you are not alone:)

do you do any exercises??? btw i m 24 weeks pregnant...

shura

CK35
Regular
Regular

Post by CK35 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Priya and Shura,

I am a first time mommy too. This year 36yrs old as considered "overage" and was advised my amino. I am now 18 weeks preggie.

Many things also not sure what to do. But it is amazing, somehow our instinct will guide us..so just relax and don't be stress. That is what everyone is telling me.

Any of you felt baby moving inside yet? I got a strange kick but I am not sure whether it is baby or just my stomach hungry.. Haha.

CK35

shura

Post by shura » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:44 pm

i dont think its a baby's kick CK35:) its a bit early...between 19-23 weeks u ll feel your first kick:) actually its not kicking just slight movements:) as i have been feeling:)))) NICE, first time i felt at my 21st weeks....so now i can feel that i m really pregnant!!!

annieleewe

Re: mom-to-be

Post by annieleewe » Tue, 30 Jan 2018 4:51 pm

another thing that i wanna ask you that I have a doctor who i m not happy with (Dr.Ann Tan) and try to find another one..
how come you didn't have any good experience with her?

If you’re about to become a mum for the second time, it is usually advisable to stick with the gynecologist that you saw when you were pregnant the first time round, I had Ann tan on my first and second baby! now she is more familiar with me and my medical history-
:)

ritzpdc

Post by ritzpdc » Wed, 16 May 2018 1:29 pm

my currently in my home country and got my spass approved on May 11... today May 16 I found out I am pregnant and I am flying to Singapore on May 26. Should I inform my employer? :( Thanks in Advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 May 2018 6:03 pm

It might be a good idea. It might also save you some trouble and money as well, if you were to fly over here and the employer was not aware of your pregnancy. That could very well cause you to lose your offer as it's rather expensive to have a child here from an employer's perspective, especially from a new employer's point of view. with something like 2 months of paid maternity leave. I don't believe you would like to come here, get settled in, have the employer find out and then find a reason to let you go. It's been known to happen. On the other hand you might have a caring employer? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers