Singapore Expats Forum

k

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

brownsugar

k

Postby brownsugar » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 6:59 pm

k thanks
Last edited by brownsugar on Sun, 14 Oct 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 9:40 am

It's certainly possible to do so as one of my English colleagues did just that a few months ago. But, if I'm not mistaken, his priginal EO was a bout to expire so he updated it to an Entrepass. I'm sure that the Immigration website will have all the details.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 9:47 am

Actually, an Entrepass IS an employment pass. The company created by the Entrepreneur is the sponsoring company.

Sounds like you have two ways to go. File your business plan and get an Approval in Principle letter for the plan, which means you can collect your Entrepass. Then cancel your current EP.

Or, if your friend has a newly registered company, just get it to file for an EP for you... you can still be a shareholder, director, etc, under an EP.

brownsugar

Postby brownsugar » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 2:09 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Actually, an Entrepass IS an employment pass. The company created by the Entrepreneur is the sponsoring company.

Sounds like you have two ways to go. File your business plan and get an Approval in Principle letter for the plan, which means you can collect your Entrepass. Then cancel your current EP.

Or, if your friend has a newly registered company, just get it to file for an EP for you... you can still be a shareholder, director, etc, under an EP.

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to apply for an EP with a newly registered company? My friend's company is bearly a month old and she's on EPass. This company was jointly open with another guy who's on Social visit pass. According to MOM's rules and regulations,one is not allowed to sign on behalf of a company if she/he is employed under another company.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 6:19 pm

brownsugar wrote:Thanks for the info. Is it possible to apply for an EP with a newly registered company? My friend's company is bearly a month old and she's on EPass. This company was jointly open with another guy who's on Social visit pass. According to MOM's rules and regulations,one is not allowed to sign on behalf of a company if she/he is employed under another company.

1. Yes, there is no reason that the new company cannot apply for EP's for potential employees. They (you) just need to meet EP criteria. My company employed EP's within a few months of forming.

2. I do not think an LTSVP holder can work or be a director of a Singapore company. He could be an investor (shareholder) but can have no role in running or working in the company.

3. EP and Entrepass limit you to one company. Only a director or other senior manager can sign an application for an EP. If your friend has formed a company then he/she has an Entrepass and may not have any other EP. I'm not sure I understand your statement.

Return to “General Discussions”