Singapore Expats Forum

Does scar matters in air steward?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Does scar matters in air steward?

Postby stanmysterio » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 1:12 am

Hi friends,

I believe most of you here have read or seen the SIA application form. In the section H column no 6, it asked:

Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

i am concerned about this as i had an accident a couple of months ago and causes a fracture at the wrist. Steel plates, screws are inserted to my hand. Though it does cause some stiffiness in it, it will be temporary and can be removal in a year's time, but what matters is the scar the docs opened at my wrist. Its definitely not a big "centipede" but it can be seen tho. Will that bring me down in getting in? i believe the gals would not be able to but what about being an air steward? My scar will not be seen if i wear a long sleeve shirt.

:cry: :o

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Does scar matters in air steward?

Postby queenie-me » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 8:40 am

stanmysterio wrote:Hi friends,

I believe most of you here have read or seen the SIA application form. In the section H column no 6, it asked:

Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

i am concerned about this as i had an accident a couple of months ago and causes a fracture at the wrist. Steel plates, screws are inserted to my hand. Though it does cause some stiffiness in it, it will be temporary and can be removal in a year's time, but what matters is the scar the docs opened at my wrist. Its definitely not a big "centipede" but it can be seen tho. Will that bring me down in getting in? i believe the gals would not be able to but what about being an air steward? My scar will not be seen if i wear a long sleeve shirt.

:cry: :o


That is all depends. SERIOUSLY.!
I got scars and it can't be seen when I put on the uniform. So, it's all depends whether or not the interviewer wants to take you in. ;)
So, try very hard to cover it before going for interview.

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 3:08 pm

got to be careful...

though guys don't have kebaya round, during WCT they do ask you to walk around to check on your body for scar...
Soaring above all

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Postby stanmysterio » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 1:32 am

VeniE wrote:got to be careful...

though guys don't have kebaya round, during WCT they do ask you to walk around to check on your body for scar...


Huh.....really ar......i can hide it by wearing a watch or long sleeve shirt! U guys mean i shouldn't declare? hmm.....Venie, what is WCT?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:45 am

stanmysterio wrote:
what is WCT?



Water Confidence Test.

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 9:41 am

Plavt wrote:
stanmysterio wrote:
what is WCT?



Water Confidence Test.


yupz.. that's right... i dun know for other airlines..

but for SIA, during the WCT, after you make the jump you have to queue up along the side of the pool and do a so call "catwalk" and they will check your body for scar.

I'm not very sure whether it matters a not but definitely they will be able to see it lo..
Soaring above all

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Postby stanmysterio » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:37 pm

VeniE wrote:
Plavt wrote:
stanmysterio wrote:
what is WCT?



Water Confidence Test.


yupz.. that's right... i dun know for other airlines..

but for SIA, during the WCT, after you make the jump you have to queue up along the side of the pool and do a so call "catwalk" and they will check your body for scar.

I'm not very sure whether it matters a not but definitely they will be able to see it lo..


oic, then i think it will be fine la, you will only catch my scar if i do a "give" u something action with my left palm up, able to visualize? HMM...hopfully...

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:49 pm

stanmysterio wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Plavt wrote:
stanmysterio wrote:
what is WCT?



Water Confidence Test.


yupz.. that's right... i dun know for other airlines..

but for SIA, during the WCT, after you make the jump you have to queue up along the side of the pool and do a so call "catwalk" and they will check your body for scar.

I'm not very sure whether it matters a not but definitely they will be able to see it lo..


oic, then i think it will be fine la, you will only catch my scar if i do a "give" u something action with my left palm up, able to visualize? HMM...hopfully...


yeah i know what ya mean... my bf also got a scar on his wrist from motor accident so i somehow know how it looks like.. hmm... juz a proper cover up would be fine... :wink:
Soaring above all

cappy2104
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu, 31 May 2007

Postby cappy2104 » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:35 pm

for qatar airways, as long as ur scar is not visible then its okie, i have a colleague here who has a tattoo! and he even passed thru the interviews and now already in doha. so in my opinion, as long as u perform well in ur interview, the rest doesnt really matter at all... goodl luck...

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Postby stanmysterio » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:06 pm

really??? haha....sounds great, but im looking for a place at SQ or CX.....hmm, think i shd borrow some some make up from my gf to conceal the scar...haha

thanks ladies... :P

bearbear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 19 Oct 2007

Postby bearbear » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 4:25 pm

I also have a very huge scar at the back of my leg. Those kind caused by bike's exhaust. Might be thinking of lasering it away but i'm kinda tight now. :cry:

Anyway, wad will we be wearing during the WCT?

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 2:12 am

bearbear wrote:I also have a very huge scar at the back of my leg. Those kind caused by bike's exhaust. Might be thinking of lasering it away but i'm kinda tight now. :cry:

Anyway, wad will we be wearing during the WCT?


nothing :P
"City of Ang3Ls"


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest