Singapore Expats Forum

Cheery-topic time !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:43 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:We got two here that are welcome additions to the family - ozchick & cutiebutie.

No slight to the young ladies, but show me one guy who wouldn't welcome girls with nics like ozchick and cutiebutie!

Don't get me wrong, I like them too, but coming from me it's fine. Coming from a self-proclaimed dirty ole man however... :P
[

Thank you, I think. :-|

Ah, the nic. I thought I would try to see how people react when they see the nic and then rad my, hopefully, semi-intelligent comments.
One thing is that writing here has made me more aware to use correct language instead of slang or sms-ese. It is just so easy to get lazy and not try.

Back to the topic. I guess I have two homes, Barcelona and Singapore. They both have their advantages but I chose to come back here because of the dynamism of the region (not for the hawking uncles who pick their toes while eating). There is more diversity here and Europe simply has too many negative sides to it.

I missed the heavy downpours that you can only find in the tropics, followed by freshness, descending into a heavy blanket of humidity. :D

remersonh

May I add ...

Postby remersonh » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 5:34 pm

What about $3 dinner? And Sugar Cane juice! Definitely two of MY fav things in Singapore. (Not counting Ozchick and Cutiebutie ... when she's being nice to me!)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:24 pm

cutiebutie wrote:Thank you, I think. :-|

Ah, the nic. I thought I would try to see how people react when they see the nic and then rad my, hopefully, semi-intelligent comments.
One thing is that writing here has made me more aware to use correct language instead of slang or sms-ese. It is just so easy to get lazy and not try.

You're welcome. It's nice to have an active member like you on the site. And I totally understand, this site is one of the few I can endure because the language used is decent.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 8:31 pm

Well, I can bump this back up as there are cheery things in here to keep the dreary thoughts of the missing posts (250 of 'em).

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 9:30 pm

SMS, is there any chance that the missing threads will be restored? 25th October to date is a shiteload of posts! :oops!: can we actually say "shite" here?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, I can bump this back up as there are cheery things in here to keep the dreary thoughts of the missing posts (250 of 'em).

Oi buggar off sms ! This was MY post and I don't want it resurrected by all you do-gooders in the name of redeeming this site ! This whole LOST saga is really lost on me ! And don't anyone respond to this cos that'll just keep the damned thing up there alongside that other sugary poster..grrr...
How COULD you Farm-boy ?! You must have shares in this site or 'summit !! :roll:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:41 pm

Super_Star wrote:SMS, is there any chance that the missing threads will be restored? 25th October to date is a shiteload of posts! :oops!: can we actually say "shite" here?

Super_Star,

Unfortunately, not a hope in hell. The Database was corrupted apparently by a hack and the last good backup that wasn't corrupted (e.g., probably offsite) was 24 Oct. I'm as disgruntled as the next person (I just passed 4000 posts the day before and lost 250 posts because of this! :(

Unfortunately, using Googles Cached pages only give you the first page of a thread and that's gone as soon as the googlebot makes another sweep of you site. Using BoardReader only gives you the first 4 lines or so of each post so that's note really a solution either. Offsite daily backups is the only sure method but surely expensive as well.

Super_Star wrote: :oops!: can we actually say "shite" here?

Can drop the "e" as well! See: :shit: Like the lost threads? Shit Happens!

Got to pick up the pieces and go on. As WIMH said, we've got a clean slate to pervert again!
:P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Got to pick up the pieces and go on. As WIMH said, we've got a clean slate to pervert again!
:P

I'm setting my lawyers on you for misrepresenting my comment.

By the way, have I told you the story of the monk who read through some ancient scriptural writings and came running out of the library screaming "It says celebRate, c e l e b R a t e !!!"

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 9:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one. I needed that!