Singapore Expats

Car Insurance?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Car Insurance?

Post by DimWit Kid » Wed, 03 Oct 2007 3:06 pm

Time to do my car insurance again, and my agent (who's also a friend) actually suggested a company called "Tenet". I know this is a local insurer, so I'm actually a bit hesitant. Although actually I trust my insurance agent... it never hurts to ask right? So anybody has had any experience with this insurer? Claiming, admin stuff, etc? Not only with car insurance but also others (PAI, etc) that they also have...

Many thanks beforehand.

judelee

Post by judelee » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 3:20 pm

I think you can try the some of the insurance companies directly through their agents on the streets. They give personalised services instead of customer service officers who are constantly changed from broker like "tenet". It's better that a customer speaks to one person and he/she can handle everything for you over the phone. Go for a brand name like AIG. It may be a premium but you are buying a peace of mind and that's what insurance is about. Isn't that great ?

johnking

no idea

Post by johnking » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:34 am

Sorry not really sure, we've been looking into MSIG who seems to be pretty good.