Singapore Expats

Playgroups and creches near to Tanjong Rhu?

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
the colemans

Playgroups and creches near to Tanjong Rhu?

Post by the colemans » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 4:20 am

Hello there,
We are moving to Singapore in 2 weeks time with two daughters (two and a half years and 1 year). We will be living in Water Place and I was hoping to find a playgroup/ nursery that my eldest could attend for a few mornings a week as I think she'd benefit from time independent of me-she's very shy and lacks confidence. Please could anyone offer advice on what's available near by? Any experiences/info you have to share on the subject would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Katherine

jsaha

Post by jsaha » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 7:41 pm

Hello Katherine

Great to find your message as we will be moving to Water Place on Oct 20th. We are also new to SG. Been here a month now, moving from the US. We have a 2.5 yrs old son and I'm 5 mos preg with the 2nd one.

A friend of mine who lives in Costa Rhu sent her 23 months to a playgroup/class at Park Shore (the one after Sanctuary Green). You can sign up for 1 hr, 2 hrs, or 3 hrs session/day. They charges $270/month for kid who stays 2 hours. The kids goes there on Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri and off on Thurs. It's in the morning.

I plan to send my son to this class as soon as we move to Water Place so we can have some sort of routine and he gets to learn and play with other kids. If you are interested, let me know. We can hook up at Water Place.

Justine

If you are interested more

the colemans

Post by the colemans » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 3:48 am

That's great, Justine!
I will definately start my little girl there as it sounds perfect! So pleased to hear you are starting out in Sg just like us and will be in touch once we are settled-chances are we'll bump into each other!
Many thanks
Katherine

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rodandhelen » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 9:57 am

Can anyone tell me the number of the playgroup at parkshore? or of any other day care centers that do occational care?

Thankyou

jsaha

Post by jsaha » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:30 am

Hi Helen

Let me ask my friend for the number and get back to you.