Singapore Expats Forum

Moving to Singapore - Should/shouldn't we?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Matthewg

Moving to Singapore - Should/shouldn't we?

Postby Matthewg » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 1:20 am

Hi all

We as a family (my wife a 7 month old daughter) are considering re-locating. My wife is currently in Singapore as she chose this country as her global elective for her MBA.

We currently live in Cape Town, both of us have got good jobs and are happy but feel that there are not many growth opportunities in terms of salary earnings etc , I don't think that I need to elaborate on the politcal problems that SA is faced with daily.

I need advise on whether Singapore would be a good option to consider?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. - Thanks

Kind Regards
Matthew Goosen

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 2:46 am

Hi there,

Think you can browse through this forum, there are a lot of people in your shoes, sharing their stories.

Singapore is an expat friendly place, plenty of SAfers around. Plenty of expat families with young kids here.

It's a bit cramped comparing to Singapore. BUT, it's safe , you can get a maid easily to help you looking after your kid. As long as you have the financial security , living standard is pretty good I would think.

If you still have concerns, I reckon you should list out your worries/concerns first, so people know what advice to give you, what stories they can share with you. And do a bit more of research to have more comfort, to feel more reassuring...

Good luck
B

Matthewg

Thanks

Postby Matthewg » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 3:37 am

Hi B

Thanks for the advice and you are right, my post was a bit vague.

You have already answered most of the questions that were running through my mind though.

I guess my main concern would be a question of the "life style" that we can expect to gain or lose.

Once again, thank you for replying to my post.

Regards
Matt