Singapore Expats

SIA Walk-in intv on 20 October

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
LamerGod

Going~

Post by LamerGod » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 8:29 pm

Ya, I'm new here.
I am gg also!! arhh, would love to meet u all but my fren cannot make it soo early.

Do feedback after the interview all!!! hope we can all get in... :D

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 9:25 pm

CelT wrote:My Dear, but if u all are all in the same grp for round 1, u be competing against one another...

Should that be the case?
:D

dont know, just wondering....

Congrats for u!! So happy for u!! Enjoy your training!! Hopefully the entire group will pull through together!! :lol:

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 9:29 pm

aphrokittee wrote:1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn

was thinking if you guys want, maybe we can meet at the entrance of the Atrium Ballroom, 4th Level at 8:30am. please be punctual, so that we do not have to make others wait ;)

Yeah, it is a good idea... :P

chris_11

Post by chris_11 » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:35 pm

honestly, ive always had a phobia for public speaking n fear i'll get tongue-tied.. mates, how do u all overcome such a prob?

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:24 am

VeniE wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:venie, i dont want to be competing with you. i will be heading there with my frd. heehee. :D
hehe... we dun be competitors, lets be batchmates yeah!!! keke..

same goes for all going for the walk-ins... :D

hope that everyone can have their dreams come true..
yes yes yes....!!! let's be batchmates!!! :D

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:29 am

chris_11 wrote:honestly, ive always had a phobia for public speaking n fear i'll get tongue-tied.. mates, how do u all overcome such a prob?
:cry: thats why i am not sure whether to go and waste my time too

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 4:11 pm

downtown wrote:
chris_11 wrote:honestly, ive always had a phobia for public speaking n fear i'll get tongue-tied.. mates, how do u all overcome such a prob?
:cry: thats why i am not sure whether to go and waste my time too

Practise make perfect, practise more, experience more, and i think you will be fine. Anyone will feel anxious for an interview to be frank, just imagine you are talking to a close friend rather than the interviewers.

Joycee

RexEupho

Post by RexEupho » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:44 pm

I just received a reply from SIA. I sent in my applicatin for the previous write-in, however i sent in late..(4 Oct 07). They informed me to come down for the walk i interview on the 20th. But the funny thing is, they replied with the following subject..

Re: Application for Local Flight Steward (100kg)

Why must put the weight?????!!! Is that a hint or something??? Or so that they can keep a lookout for "this heavy guy.".. hahahah!

Anyway back then i was 100kg. Now, drop to 94kg alreadi.. yipppe! Going for more.. one more week, can make it!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:11 pm

Joycee wrote: Practise make perfect, practise more, experience more, and i think you will be fine. Anyone will feel anxious for an interview to be frank, just imagine you are talking to a close friend rather than the interviewers.
Joycee
yupz.. i agree with that too... the more u practise, you get more confident when you speak...

sometimes the interviewer might pop you with a question on that day of interview. dun be too nervous.. juz think before you speak.. they are not looking for perfect ans but to see how you react...

the interviewer are very smart ppl... so juz be yourself... be natural..
otherwise they will see through you..
Soaring above all

chermainrae

Post by chermainrae » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 6:45 pm

I'll b goin too n would love to meet up.. :D can email me at [email protected] if anyone is collecting contects ya...

I'm also super excited abt tis... it's my 5th time tryin out too.. haha... first 3 times is through walk in n last time is for the write in interview...

1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn
13. ChermainRae
~~The SQ Dream~~

Deep_Blue

Post by Deep_Blue » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:46 pm

RexEupho wrote:I just received a reply from SIA. I sent in my applicatin for the previous write-in, however i sent in late..(4 Oct 07). They informed me to come down for the walk i interview on the 20th. But the funny thing is, they replied with the following subject..

Re: Application for Local Flight Steward (100kg)

Why must put the weight?????!!! Is that a hint or something??? Or so that they can keep a lookout for "this heavy guy.".. hahahah!

Anyway back then i was 100kg. Now, drop to 94kg alreadi.. yipppe! Going for more.. one more week, can make it!
Whoa dude... Thats cool lah... haha.. anyway, what time are you going down on that day?

exclusivepink

Post by exclusivepink » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:46 am

chermainrae wrote:I'll b goin too n would love to meet up.. :D can email me at [email protected] if anyone is collecting contects ya...

I'm also super excited abt tis... it's my 5th time tryin out too.. haha... first 3 times is through walk in n last time is for the write in interview...

1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn
13. ChermainRae
wow~ wat a big group~ hahha... i will be there with another friend ard 8.45am. if i catch sight of any big grp of babes, it will be u gals eh? hahha...

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:02 pm

GOOD LUCK to everyone who are going to the walk-in this saturday!
ALL THE BEST to u gals n guys... lucky lucky ya! :D

Especially VeniE and bLiSs-LiCioUs ... u 2 have been trying very hard for all the interviews u have been to... haopefully this time... u can join CEIT and JadeiteJade!

And hopefully i will be able to join u all soon too!!!
JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:07 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:GOOD LUCK to everyone who are going to the walk-in this saturday!
ALL THE BEST to u gals n guys... lucky lucky ya! :D

Especially VeniE and bLiSs-LiCioUs ... u 2 have been trying very hard for all the interviews u have been to... haopefully this time... u can join CEIT and JadeiteJade!

And hopefully i will be able to join u all soon too!!!
JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU!
Hey gal...

that's very sweet of you.. I feel so touched with so many ppl around me giving me the encouragement and support.. definitely i will give in my best hopefully it will be my turn yea.. :)

girls (and guys) who are going for the interview, JIA YOU JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!!!!!!

5 more days to SIA interview...
Soaring above all

noophz

Post by noophz » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 2:58 pm

I think I am going for the walk in too...might ask my friend to tag along since both of us have the desire to fly...

I don't really have the confident though, this will be my 3rd attempts -.-" I have visible scar on my lower arm...

Any advice on how to do our self intro? my past attempts didn't go too well, I have never pass 1st round interview at all!!!
chermainrae wrote: 1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn