Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Walk-in intv on 20 October

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Zenpaki
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007

Postby Zenpaki » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:37 am

12345 wrote:
Hey Zenpaki,

Congrats on clearing all the rounds today!!! May i ask if there was a round where they actually ask u to do some "modelling" thingy? Like walking back n forth for them to check on ur posture n stuff :lol:


Thanks 12345,

If your talking abt guys, we had to walk towards a SIA staff just once. When we reached her, she had a light blub right infront of her. We were made to stretch our hands out where she check our palms front and back probably for any scars. She then proceeded to use her light blub(lol) and ask us to turn left and right to check our face. And that was all.

Hope this helps. For the girls in grp 7, sorry you girls didnt make it. But im sure one day you will! I was actually just two rows behind you girls. I was in group 9.

Deep_Blue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 14 Sep 2007

Postby Deep_Blue » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 2:47 am

Was there early today and was third in line even before they started registration. Went early, and got kicked out early. :? ... Was the first male group to be interviewed, and only 3 made it through the first round in my group. Any guys here in group 2? The interviewers looked like they were pleasant ladies. Haha...Oh well.... I guess its not too bad an experience for a first timer. Will definitely be back~! They haven't seen the last of me. NO~!!! not yet~!!! GARRRRHHH~!!! lolz...

Anyway, the girl have 4 rounds, right? Group, Kebaya, 1 on 1, and management. The guys don't have the kebaya round, so what is the order of the rounds?

kaozzzzzz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2007

Postby kaozzzzzz » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 4:37 am

Deep_Blue wrote:Was there early today and was third in line even before they started registration. Went early, and got kicked out early. :? ... Was the first male group to be interviewed, and only 3 made it through the first round in my group. Any guys here in group 2? The interviewers looked like they were pleasant ladies. Haha...Oh well.... I guess its not too bad an experience for a first timer. Will definitely be back~! They haven't seen the last of me. NO~!!! not yet~!!! GARRRRHHH~!!! lolz...

Anyway, the girl have 4 rounds, right? Group, Kebaya, 1 on 1, and management. The guys don't have the kebaya round, so what is the order of the rounds?



For guys, its, grp, walking + hand , 1-1, mgt then medical./....
and to all the others....try again,.....to be eiligible for 1st rd, always remember to emphasis on service service service on ur 1st rd....just keep saying how u had done in previous experience, if not, just say u are trying to explore new horizons on cust svc!!!!it will help!!! take this time to try to go to Giordano for a few mths...i really think it helps.....just mention u worked in giordano and they will take notice of u! gd luck!

chermainrae
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2007
Location: West of Singapore

Postby chermainrae » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:28 am

aphrokittee wrote:i reached Swissotel at 8:30am and there was already a queue at the entrance of the SIA walk-in! so i wasn't able to meet anyone from this forum :(

they didn't take our height and weight this time round. probably because they just had to rush through all the applicants (too many). we only had to remove our shoes and reach for a point on a wall.

i was in Group 7 and the question posted to my group was 'name one strength and weakness about yourself'. unfortunately, none from my group made it through the first round. even though there was this one girl who i thought did really well but didn't make it through either.

nonetheless, being booted out at my 2nd try made me even more determine to come back in december to try again.

to all those who made it through: CONGRATULATIONS! :wave:

and to those who didn't make it through, DON'T GIVE UP! :wink:


Hi there, i was also in grp 7.. haha, Aquagal and i met up..
so which number are u? e 2nd one?
humm i found that most of the ppl in grp 7 spoke quite well..

the interviewer was a young short guy name Adrian.. he is paired with a very well groomed lady tat looks slightly like Cheryl Fox in a way.. i've seen him in 3 out of the 5 interviews tat i went for n he is super duper picky...

e only time tat i saw him pick anyone is in e first round where he picked a short hair girl tat spoke with a slang cos she stayed in Austria for a few yrs n can speak German... the other 2 rounds, he also rejected the whole grp... sickenning...

frankly, i quite hate his guts... :mad:
~~The SQ Dream~~

noophz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 15 Oct 2007

Postby noophz » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:20 am

michieeee wrote:hi,
basically today we had 4 rounds, ie the self intro, kebaya, 1-1 interview and final round (management round). I think the wct is phased out only for this recruitment. I'm not sure if it's permanently abolished. According to the lady, she said by phasing out the wct during this recruitment is faster.

Failing the third round technically meaning the 1-1 interview? The 6 month ban does not apply to that. So meaning if you fail the 1-1 interview round you are still allowed to apply for the next one. The 4th round aka the mgmt round would be the one where the 6month ban applies. So i'm not exactly sure which one you are referring to.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Cheers!


Oh, so there were actually 4 rounds? I thought only 3 as I read the post before...hummm I failed at round 3, which means they will see me again in December :lol:

I thought I answered the questions quite fluently and confidently...dunno why he failed me... :???:

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:42 am

hmm.. maybe that explains why they were so strict during round 2, kebaya & skin check round..
Soaring above all

esah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 15 Oct 2007

Postby esah » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:58 pm

I guess they will see us again soon! Haha.

Let's work hard for the next one!!

yuanz
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 08 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby yuanz » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:06 pm

softie wrote:im feeling very demoralised. guess i dont have the X factor they are looking for.

dont know if i should still try out the next walk-in interview...


Hey softie don't give up! if you're really passionate about the job you shouldn't miss any opportunities to fulfill your own dream. I wanted very much to attend the walk in yesterday but didn't in the end, really regretted it. i will definitely attend the next one, so i think you should just go for it and try to improve yourself during this period of time. Every interview is a learning experience, with the experiences accumulated, i'm sure you can make it some day which might be the very next one! So to those who didnt manage yesterday, lets all continue to improve ourselves and do our best for the next one! :wink:

oldwoman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 31 Aug 2007

Postby oldwoman » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:46 pm

got in until the management round, then got booted out. i know this is something stupid to hope for, but am hoping for it nevertheless. it's even more impossible than a miracle haha, but i hope that somehow, they wanna re-screen through those that got rejected in the management round. it took me more than 15times to get this far :cry:

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 2:39 pm

oldwoman wrote:got in until the management round, then got booted out. i know this is something stupid to hope for, but am hoping for it nevertheless. it's even more impossible than a miracle haha, but i hope that somehow, they wanna re-screen through those that got rejected in the management round. it took me more than 15times to get this far :cry:


you mean this is your 15th attempt?? omg!!! i really pei fu you leh!!!
it's my 8th attemp but i still didn't pass..was so demoralised but you tried 15times, me now wanna give up really a bit silly..
Soaring above all

User avatar
aphrokittee
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007

Postby aphrokittee » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 3:00 pm

Aquagal wrote:
aphrokittee wrote:i reached Swissotel at 8:30am and there was already a queue at the entrance of the SIA walk-in! so i wasn't able to meet anyone from this forum :(

they didn't take our height and weight this time round. probably because they just had to rush through all the applicants (too many). we only had to remove our shoes and reach for a point on a wall.

i was in Group 7 and the question posted to my group was 'name one strength and weakness about yourself'. unfortunately, none from my group made it through the first round. even though there was this one girl who i thought did really well but didn't make it through either.

nonetheless, being booted out at my 2nd try made me even more determine to come back in december to try again.

to all those who made it through: CONGRATULATIONS! :wave:

and to those who didn't make it through, DON'T GIVE UP! :wink:



Hi,

U was in Group 7? Me too! But didnt know who r u... which num r u? :D


i was #2! the one who is still studying in Ngee Ann. I wore a grey top and black pants. you? :D

User avatar
aphrokittee
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007

Postby aphrokittee » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 3:10 pm

chermainrae wrote:Hi there, i was also in grp 7.. haha, Aquagal and i met up..
so which number are u? e 2nd one?
humm i found that most of the ppl in grp 7 spoke quite well..

the interviewer was a young short guy name Adrian.. he is paired with a very well groomed lady tat looks slightly like Cheryl Fox in a way.. i've seen him in 3 out of the 5 interviews tat i went for n he is super duper picky...

e only time tat i saw him pick anyone is in e first round where he picked a short hair girl tat spoke with a slang cos she stayed in Austria for a few yrs n can speak German... the other 2 rounds, he also rejected the whole grp... sickenning...

frankly, i quite hate his guts... :mad:


what were you wearing for the interview? argh 2 of you were actually in the same group and i didn't know ! haha.

my friend, lovelorn, was also interviewed by the lady and Adrian. in her group, 3 managed to get through. she said that one of the girls wore boots and spoke singlish and my friend was amazed that she got in.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006
Contact:

Postby Aquagal » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 3:20 pm

aphrokittee wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
aphrokittee wrote:i reached Swissotel at 8:30am and there was already a queue at the entrance of the SIA walk-in! so i wasn't able to meet anyone from this forum :(

they didn't take our height and weight this time round. probably because they just had to rush through all the applicants (too many). we only had to remove our shoes and reach for a point on a wall.

i was in Group 7 and the question posted to my group was 'name one strength and weakness about yourself'. unfortunately, none from my group made it through the first round. even though there was this one girl who i thought did really well but didn't make it through either.

nonetheless, being booted out at my 2nd try made me even more determine to come back in december to try again.

to all those who made it through: CONGRATULATIONS! :wave:

and to those who didn't make it through, DON'T GIVE UP! :wink:



Hi,

U was in Group 7? Me too! But didnt know who r u... which num r u? :D


i was #2! the one who is still studying in Ngee Ann. I wore a grey top and black pants. you? :D



I was num 6! i think u r e youngest in our grp. I wore a red grey stripes blouse and black skirt. met up wid chermainrae frm forum. rem we spoke briefly outside e balllrm? haha.. Next time we shall meet for e next walk-in! :lol:

User avatar
aphrokittee
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007

Postby aphrokittee » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 3:34 pm

Aquagal wrote:
I was num 6! i think u r e youngest in our grp. I wore a red grey stripes blouse and black skirt. met up wid chermainrae frm forum. rem we spoke briefly outside e balllrm? haha.. Next time we shall meet for e next walk-in! :lol:


oh so that's you! yeah i think i was the youngest there... yes let's go together for the one in december ;)

skynie8183
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 09 Jan 2007

Postby skynie8183 » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 3:36 pm

VeniE wrote:Hello ppl...

hope everyone is doing fine..

me i fail @ second round... this time round it seems they were quite strict @ kebaya & skin check lo...

anyway, i was in group 27 no.1..
my qns post for round one was "what you did to make the environment friendly?"

haiz.. my 8th attempts.. fail again... now waiting for next one liao..


Hi...Venie, actually i was same group with u...i am #4..and i am failed as well...very sad...this is my 5th attempts liao....think wanna give up d...
haizz.... :cry:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZY723 and 2 guests