Singapore Expats Forum

Personal Wealth Creation Discussion Group

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
User avatar
sq009
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2005
Location: River Valley

Personal Wealth Creation Discussion Group

Postby sq009 » Sat, 29 Sep 2007 8:40 pm

I've come to realise that in life we tend to meet people with different capabilities, some experts or gurus.

Therefore I am interested in organising a discussion group to learn from one another!

Today I went to one discussion group in KL and was very impressed with what they have, one was a property investment expert, one was a forex guru. The group slowly inched closer to millionaire within 5 years. (every individual)

I come to realise that we got to immerse ourselves and engage and talk to people of different capabilities and knowledge rather to be stuck at current circle in order to move forward.

PM me if you are interested. Thinking of conducting the discussion somewhere near town...

Disclaimer: NO FEES!!!! NO SALES!!!! I am not a company!!! I'm trying to start one as an individual. Today was a big eye opener for me when I went to KL and I want to learn more from people from all walks of life.
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

User avatar
Abby113
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue, 08 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Abby113 » Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:35 am

I'm no expert...but I'm sure it will be cool to mingle and widen my network of professionals =)

I'm game for it
Independance!!!

User avatar
sq009
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2005
Location: River Valley

Postby sq009 » Sun, 30 Sep 2007 1:49 pm

Abby113 wrote:I'm no expert...but I'm sure it will be cool to mingle and widen my network of professionals =)

I'm game for it


great! im looking for more people to join in...
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 9:57 am

Count me in. :cool:

User avatar
sq009
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2005
Location: River Valley

Postby sq009 » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 1:15 pm

first outing will be at Great World City on saturday 7pm. PM me your name and mobile if you are interested.

my mobile is 92979453.

First session probably have ice breaking and brief intro of what are our fortes
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

User avatar
sq009
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2005
Location: River Valley

Postby sq009 » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 3:15 am

next outing on this sat
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

User avatar
solarv
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon, 27 Mar 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby solarv » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 3:10 am

Words of advice, be cautious when someone promises you they could generate more than 5% a month, this could only happen when you are willing to lose all your money or even lose more than what you are ready to invest. Rule of thumb, there is a fixed risk-reward ratio in the investment world.

Investing is very simple when you are experienced enough to tell the differences between the noise and nugget in the market.

I'm interested in meeting like-minded people...

To understand more about my investment approach (more of contrarian style), please visit my site @ http://aspirezcapital.com

BlackLabel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 03 Sep 2005

Postby BlackLabel » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 1:22 am

great, keep me in the loop too .

greenclose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 17 Oct 2008

Postby greenclose » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 1:20 am

count me in. but cann`t attend the Sat meeting. keep me update for following events :) . My MSN :aigiibe@hotmail.com

alanwisley
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby alanwisley » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:46 am

solarv wrote:Words of advice, be cautious when someone promises you they could generate more than 5% a month, this could only happen when you are willing to lose all your money or even lose more than what you are ready to invest. Rule of thumb, there is a fixed risk-reward ratio in the investment world.

Investing is very simple when you are experienced enough to tell the differences between the noise and nugget in the market.

I'm interested in meeting like-minded people...

To understand more about my investment approach (more of contrarian style), please visit my site @ http://aspirezcapital.com


Hey your website have expired....

alanwisley
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby alanwisley » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:47 am

how many people are there is this group?

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 9:14 pm

I didn't see anything happening for the past 1 year & please note that this thread was started a year ago.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35184
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 9:34 am

Yeah donut, I always get a laugh at these things. If they are going into business the have to keep their eyes open to the little things around them. The fact that the date on the thread is over a year old suggests that they will fail no matter what business the go into due to not reading the signs........

:wink:

User avatar
hibri2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue, 17 May 2005
Location: Earth - Asia - Singapore

Postby hibri2 » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:16 am

or maybe they all got amazingly rich and they dont need to hang around in this forum anymore.

those dammed capitalists! :x
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah donut, I always get a laugh at these things. If they are going into business the have to keep their eyes open to the little things around them. The fact that the date on the thread is over a year old suggests that they will fail no matter what business the go into due to not reading the signs........

:wink:


I like your I Love FireFox icon, cos I am so used to FireFox & don't like IE. :mrgreen:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest