Private Driving Instructor needed

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Indulgence_treats
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 23 May 2009 9:56 pm
Location: East

Post by Indulgence_treats » Sat, 23 May 2009 10:12 pm

Anyone registered with Idrive b4? I dont know abt u... But I am a victim of it and after 2 lesson, felt so demoralized to continues further!! :cry: A whole bunch of crap!!! Patience and Dedicated to cater to our needs!!! Really bad.. pls be wary of this IDRIVE!!! Clutch become clark pedal!!! Accelerator now becomes oil!! :???: U pless the oil or u take out the oil!! :shock: really have difficulties in understanding his language!!! and He is super gross!!! BURP loudly and keep talking on the handphone while I am driving on the road!!! Hit the centre and scolded me... :mad: Wahhh paid to kena scolded meh!!! :roll:

Really need a good and patience instructor as manual transmission takes time to get used to it unlike auto!!! pls PM me if you have any good instructor... really needs it ASAP!!! thanks a TONNESS :wink:

bb88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 9:46 pm

Post by bb88 » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 9:52 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.
Hi Blue Sapphire,
could you send me your instructor's contacts? what are his charges?

Thanks.

kami9192
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 2:09 am

Post by kami9192 » Sun, 21 Jun 2009 2:12 am

lefthanded wrote:
Hello

Is anyone able to recommend a private driving instructor? The lead times for booking lessons at the driving centres are too long (the first lesson available at BBDC is in November).

Good English and patience essential.

Thanks.
The driving instructor who taught me conducts his lessons around yio chu kang area. Not sure if you're interested.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met. :)
hi dun mind can u pm me the driving instructor who taught you. Cause i have a bad experience with my in YCK.

edited to remove identifying information - moderator

yoursfaith
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:11 am
Location: singapore
Contact:

hello

Post by yoursfaith » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:20 am

lefthanded wrote:


The driving instructor who taught me conducts his lessons around yio chu kang area. Not sure if you're interested.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met. :)
can you please pass me his contact number :)
mail me at yours-faith@hotmail.com ! thanks !

bgf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 2:55 pm
Location: singapore

changi driving lessons

Post by bgf » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 5:16 pm

hi guys any one recommend any good instructors near changi?

lilyfee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 3:25 pm

auto driving for refresher course

Post by lilyfee » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 4:41 pm

hi, anyone to recommend driving instructor who's patience- for auto only,
AMK or YCK area? Tks.

agnitejas
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 5:43 pm

Post by agnitejas » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 5:46 pm

could someone recommend a good private driving instructor? preferably in yio chu kang. TIA!

happy mum
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 5:57 pm
Location: singapore

private instructor for manual

Post by happy mum » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:08 pm

hey guys,
try Mr Ng at97972000,my private instructor that is very patient and have taught me a lot of techniques and guess what?i passed the first time!I have recommended him with a lot of people as i'm so happy with him..he can pick you up any place for $35 for an hour if i'm not mistaken,it was a year ago though..he even book everything you need in the center..
anyway..goodluck..have fun driving...

kellyunik
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 6:11 pm

Private instructor at Kovan

Post by kellyunik » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:03 pm

Any private instructor which can teach at Kovan Circuit??

mashimaro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 4:31 pm

Post by mashimaro » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 4:36 pm

lefthanded wrote:
Hello

Is anyone able to recommend a private driving instructor? The lead times for booking lessons at the driving centres are too long (the first lesson available at BBDC is in November).

Good English and patience essential.

Thanks.
The driving instructor who taught me conducts his lessons around yio chu kang area. Not sure if you're interested.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met. :)
can u give me his contact no.?? by pm me... cos i need in yio chu kang area urgently.. thankz.... hope to get reply soon...

alona09
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

instructor near ubi

Post by alona09 » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:29 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.
Hello Blue Sapphire,
I just saw your comment regarding a driving instructor. I need a really good one to finally pass my practical test. I can't pm because I am new to the forum, any chance you could pm me or send the guy's contacts to my e-mail.
much appreciated!
Last edited by alona09 on Mon, 09 May 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 1:22 am
Location: Central

Post by Blue Sapphire » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:59 pm

I had posted sometime ago about being able to recommend a private driving instructor and received a few pms.

I did a refresher course with him but it was strictly going through the actual driving skills. Being new to driving in a city coming from some remote island I still wasnt confident. I just didnt know how to drive in a city!

So I did a refresher course at Bukit Batok driving centre and they were great. You wont always get the same instructor but they are all professionals and teach really well. But there is an advantage to that. Each instructor assess you depending on what they observe. And they are really good at spotting your weaknesses and will make you do it lots of times until you get it right! You also cover so much more with them. They take you through the different road scenarios and road rules. They were cheaper too per session.

I know some people tend to look towards getting private instructors (was one of them) but after my experience going to Bukit Batok was better. (No I dont work there!)
Last edited by Blue Sapphire on Tue, 29 Dec 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alona09
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by alona09 » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 1:05 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:I had posted sometime ago about being able to recommend a private driving instructor and received a few pms.

I did a refresher course with him but it was strictly going through the actual driving skills. Being new to driving in a city coming from some remote island I still wasnt confident. I just didnt know how to drive in a city!

So I did a refresher course at Bukit Batok driving centre and they were great. You wont always get the same instructor but they are all professionals and teach really well. But there is an advantage to that. Each instructor accesses you depending on what they observe. And they are really good at spotting your weaknesses and will make you do it lots of times until you get it right! You also cover so much more with them. They take you through the different road scenarios and road rules. They were cheaper too per session.

I know some people tend to look towards getting private instructors (was one of them) but after my experience going to Bukit Batok was better. (No I dont work there!)
Thanks, that's very helpful. I am registered with CDC in Ubi and need to pass a driving test there. My understanding is that my instructor has to also be registered with CDC too in order for me to take the test. If this is the case, I will have to settle for your Ubi suggestion.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 1:22 am
Location: Central

Post by Blue Sapphire » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 1:34 pm

alona09 wrote:
Blue Sapphire wrote:I had posted sometime ago about being able to recommend a private driving instructor and received a few pms.

I did a refresher course with him but it was strictly going through the actual driving skills. Being new to driving in a city coming from some remote island I still wasnt confident. I just didnt know how to drive in a city!

So I did a refresher course at Bukit Batok driving centre and they were great. You wont always get the same instructor but they are all professionals and teach really well. But there is an advantage to that. Each instructor accesses you depending on what they observe. And they are really good at spotting your weaknesses and will make you do it lots of times until you get it right! You also cover so much more with them. They take you through the different road scenarios and road rules. They were cheaper too per session.

I know some people tend to look towards getting private instructors (was one of them) but after my experience going to Bukit Batok was better. (No I dont work there!)
Thanks, that's very helpful. I am registered with CDC in Ubi and need to pass a driving test there. My understanding is that my instructor has to also be registered with CDC too in order for me to take the test. If this is the case, I will have to settle for your Ubi suggestion.
You can check this. Never tried so cant give you any feedback.
http://www.sgdrivinglessons.com

alona09
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Driving instructor in UBI

Post by alona09 » Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:15 am

Actually, the driver in UBI seems to have only an auto car...
Perhaps anyone could recommend a good instructor in UBI area with a manual car?
Would rather go for someone who is recommended...
and someone who charges reasonable fees. Sometimes I get an impression that a goal of certain instructors is to get more money out of you rather than make sure you learn well...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests