Singapore Expats Forum

-Phuket-

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

lovealittlered

-Phuket-

Postby lovealittlered » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:17 pm

Where to stay.. I am going Phuket for 3 to 6 days from the 10th. I want a place with wonderful beach's diving nice hotel and nice bars and no whores.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:35 pm

:lol: hahahaha whores.. why you saw so many there issit ?? hhhhaaa anyways .i am thinking of going .. got a free voucher for Allamanda Phuket..so will hit there.. but the airfares dont seem very cheap..considering the fact that ,I have a big family . :)
Always have a smile on that face!

lovealittlered

do i have to explain

Postby lovealittlered » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:47 pm

Do i have to explain that I am going there with my girlfriend and I do not want her having a blue meany fit about an abundance of tranies and teenage prostitutes swanning about..

so diving nice hotel .. etc.

yes the flights are too expensive but it mostly due to that stupid singapore tax a @100 plus dollors its a bit steep..its a shame i cant fly from johor bahru to puket...and avoid it.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: -Phuket-

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:57 pm

:oops!:

Boy did I screw that one up good!

Don't know what happened to the brain. Got scrambled good. I was reading Phuket and thinking Pattaya. Very sorry folks. My gross error.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovealittlered

Postby lovealittlered » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 3:07 pm

ohh that sounds grim.....

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 6:12 pm

sms ..are you trying to say that its not a good place to bring family and kids ?? :???:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 6:30 pm

The prostitution is pretty much concentrated around Bangla road in Patong, no worries, easy to avoid. (yeah yeah, how does superglide know this...).

Most of the (good) diving is offshore on live aboards, but for nice hotels, I'd say stay in JW Marriott or even better Evason Six Senses. It is at Rawai, south eastern part of Phuket and an absolute haven.

Evason also arranges diving with qualified guides.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sprite » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 7:03 pm

chixchix wrote:sms ..are you trying to say that its not a good place to bring family and kids ?? :???:

Phuket is not my favorite vacation spot, but we've taken the kids a few times, both when they were little and later to do some post-Tsunami beach clean up work. I always liked the integrated resorts, better even then renting our own place. Last time we stayed at a hotel we stayed at the Sheraton and it was fine.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 9:14 pm

chixchix wrote:sms ..are you trying to say that its not a good place to bring family and kids ?? :???:

See my first post. :oops:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 9:55 am

we landed in Phuket, but then went to a resort about 1 1/2 hours north Khao Lak - it got hit hard by the tsunami, but was a wonderfull place for families, a good dive shop in the town, good restaurants and great beaches - not as touristy as Phuket itself.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:14 am

aiyoh now i dont feel like going but i got a free voucher ..lets' see.i dont feel like wasting airfare to Phuket anyways

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:41 pm

Oh stop SMS.

You can take a long tail or speed boat to Ko Phi Phi.
Phuket is highly touristy. it depends what you're looking for. If you were to write off phuket for the plethora of ladies running around falling in love with you (by the minute...) SMS, then you'd have to pretty much write off most of Asia....Eastern Europe....most of Western Europe (prostitution is legalized in Dutch Land, Greece, etc) .... just make it easy .... turn in your passport. you can vacation in sentosa .... oh wait .... they have those health clubs there.

perplex_sheep
Regular
Regular

phuket

Postby perplex_sheep » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 1:12 pm

personally, i like old phuket hotel at karon beach. i feel that karon have the best beach and old phuket is located at a location that is near to everything, yet quiet at the same time. its a small boutique hotel made up of a lot of conversative houses.

http://www.oldphukethotel.com/

stayed in both the spa suite and jacuzzi suite. for the accomodation, the price is really very reasonable.

as it is a small boutique hotel, dont expect fancy pools, etc. but there are alot of nice restaruants nearby, and the beach is a 2 mins walk.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 1:42 pm

some awesome golf out there in Puck It also.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:21 pm

Huggy,

I completely blew it that time. For some reason I was typing Phuket and thinking Pattaya. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. Surprised nobody caught it when I was talking about working just a little further around the coast toward Cambodia in Sattahip. That on the gulf of thailand and not the andaman sea.

:oops: #-o

And no, I wouldn't take my family to Pattaya!