Singapore Expats Forum

The worst HongKong Cafe Xpress that I ever visited

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

kbee

The worst HongKong Cafe Xpress that I ever visited

Postby kbee » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:38 pm

Dear all,
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hi, wanted to share a bad experience with all of you. Yesterday was mooncake festival so my husband and I decided to bring my son out for dinner. We were in a good mood and had decided to go dinner to a Hong Kong cafe at East Coast Parkway Marine Cove(The one that "HDB Tai Tai" at channel 8 had recommended.)

After the waitress had served us a seat, we saw a couple complaining to a staff about the waiting time of one of their order and had cancelled it and left angrily. Another couple had left their seat when they heard the waitress told them that the dish that they wanted to order will take a longer time. We actually ignored what we had saw as we thought the dish that we have ordered could be different from them.

We had ordered a mini lobster steamboat(The dish was recommended on TV so we have a little high expectation from the dish.) and a seafood horfan at 835pm. The horfan was served on a reasonable time but we had waited for the mini steamboat from 835pm to 920pm. When we asked the waitress about it, she told me that many people had ordered the mini steamboat so it will takes about 20 minutes. We told her that we had been waited for almost AN HOUR so she said she will check for us.

While we were waiting for the waitress reply, another waitress came to us and told us that maybe the steamboat had sold out. (TERRIBLE ANSWER RIGHT? Why she told us after we have waited for almost AN HOUR and not the moment when we make our order?) After we heard this, OUR MOOD WERE SPOLITED. She told us she will check for us again after she heard our complained.

5 minutes later, the mini steamboat was FINALLY SERVED to us. Felt really disappointed. The serving was really SMALL and NOT WORTH IT. The mini lobster steamboat cost $19.80 before 7% GST. And we hardly find the lobster meat. After the dish was served, the fire under the steamboat was not lighted up. So the waitress took away the fire and replaced it with another one. This time it doesn't light up again. Another 10 minutes had gone. Total we had waited for this dish for almost an hour. Another waitress came to us and told us that so sorry that they couldn't light up the fire but the soup was warmed up before they had served to us. We told her that the soup was not hot and the dishes that we added in the soup was still cold but she just kept saying sorry. When we heard this we were really Dammed HOT and had complained to the cashier when we paid up.

We told him, that is the WORST CAFE that we had ever visited. WAITED FOR AN HOUR but finished the mini steamboat for only 15 minutes. Food looked tempting in picture but not when served. SMALL PORTION AND EXPENSIVE. We even told him that we will not recommend our relatives and friends there. He did not reply us and was quiet when he heard that. Not even an apologize. So I decided to share my experience with all my dear friend.

My husband and I told ourselves "THAT IS OUR FIRST AND LAST VISIT TO THAT CAFE. (We have visited the cafe on a Tuesday night after dinner time and the waiting time was terrible so what do all of you think when it comes to weekend? I think this year is our worst mooncake festival dinner we ever had.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:11 pm

Seems like the usual dining experience in uniquely Singapore, doesn't it?
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 3:06 pm

SG,

would have to agree, sounds like a normal night out in a local restaurant to me as well.

However, if you are a fan of Ba Ku Teh, while neither restuarant nor hotel are high end the River Garden in the River View Hotel serves a pretty good one @14.80++ and it's a meal. I normally avoid chinese food in Hotels due to the prices but I was actually thinking that it was value for money this time. There is enough pork in the pot to easily equal a couple of good pork chops in quantity.

jockney
Regular
Regular

Postby jockney » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 7:24 am

and the moral is....dont believe everything you see on adverts on telly and newspapers and be strong enough to make up your own minds instead of the press making up your mind for you? :D
better luck next time.

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Re: The worst HongKong Cafe Xpress that I ever visited

Postby tingal79 » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 8:37 pm

kbee wrote:After the waitress had served us a seat, we saw a couple complaining to a staff about the waiting time of one of their order and had cancelled it and left angrily. Another couple had left their seat when they heard the waitress told them that the dish that they wanted to order will take a longer time.

LOL. This reminds me of the game Diners Dash...

...but yes. :mad: :mad: :mad: