Singapore Expats Forum

Cathay Pacific

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 3:55 am

downtown wrote:aiyah..that isn't my business...this is singapore :o :o


:P You sure have your ways to make my brain work thrice as hard. Still am clueless.
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Postby love`Qoo » Sun, 30 Sep 2007 3:17 pm

its been long since i visit the forum. i just got an email reply from CX. its true that they have singaporeans based in HK. but im not sure how.

as im keen in joining CX (and based in HK),i email them regarding my query how can i apply??

it was rather long that they took to reply my mail. they said they are not recruiting singaporeans at the moment,and as Plavt say,you must have the right to stay there..

so yup,is tmy post clear?!?!?! :D

anyway,i failed at the 2nd round of intv for their sin based cabin crew. perhaps u can try out when they are recruiting sin based.

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Re: Cathay Pacific

Postby stanmysterio » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:42 pm

Plavt wrote:
Fina wrote:what that mean?


Ever heard of a dictionary? :roll: [-X


Dear Fina, there you are:

A dual national is entitled to a Right of Abode stamp in their foreign passport to enable travel into the UK without hindrance.
Life in the UK testUK Naturalisation

It is also possible to have the Right of Abode if:

* They are a Commonwealth National and one of their parents was born a British Citizen.

OR
* They are a commonwealth woman married to a British Citizen on or before 1.1.1983.

A person with the right of abode may apply to register as a British Citizen.


Plavt,

i was born in HK and had migrated to Sin before 97! I used to hold the British passport,currently im holding only ONE passport (duh), SINGAPORE passport....BUT i think i am still a HK PR. Am i entitled to this Right of Abode then??? So, if i were to pursued a career with CX, where do i stand :) [-o< :wink:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Cathay Pacific

Postby Plavt » Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:48 am

stanmysterio wrote:Plavt,

i was born in HK and had migrated to Sin before 97! I used to hold the British passport,currently im holding only ONE passport (duh), SINGAPORE passport....BUT i think i am still a HK PR. Am i entitled to this Right of Abode then??? So, if i were to pursued a career with CX, where do i stand :) [-o< :wink:


From a cursory look at the following link, it seem you may or may not have.
I have not looked in great detail as you yourself know your circumstances and I do not. Hope it clarifies your situation;

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_3_4.htm

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Re: Cathay Pacific

Postby downtown » Wed, 03 Oct 2007 3:08 pm

stanmysterio wrote:i was born in HK and had migrated to Sin before 97! I used to hold the British passport,currently im holding only ONE passport (duh), SINGAPORE passport....BUT i think i am still a HK PR. Am i entitled to this Right of Abode then??? So, if i were to pursued a career with CX, where do i stand :) [-o< :wink:


same as me..i got HK ID CARD but i am a Singaporean now...i am not in HK too...maybe i stand a bigger chance in their SIN based crew because of cantonese

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Re: Cathay Pacific

Postby stanmysterio » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:47 am

downtown wrote:
stanmysterio wrote:i was born in HK and had migrated to Sin before 97! I used to hold the British passport,currently im holding only ONE passport (duh), SINGAPORE passport....BUT i think i am still a HK PR. Am i entitled to this Right of Abode then??? So, if i were to pursued a career with CX, where do i stand :) [-o< :wink:


same as me..i got HK ID CARD but i am a Singaporean now...i am not in HK too...maybe i stand a bigger chance in their SIN based crew because of cantonese


o cool, my gang huh! haha....anyway, from what i heard from my CX stewardesss god sister who is part of the SIN base crew, she said that we would have a bigger chance getting into HK based....actually its fine with me anywhere, HK based personnel gets to fly to more destinations. Considering SQ too.....you?

User avatar
stanmysterio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Re: Cathay Pacific

Postby stanmysterio » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:48 am

Plavt wrote:
stanmysterio wrote:Plavt,

i was born in HK and had migrated to Sin before 97! I used to hold the British passport,currently im holding only ONE passport (duh), SINGAPORE passport....BUT i think i am still a HK PR. Am i entitled to this Right of Abode then??? So, if i were to pursued a career with CX, where do i stand :) [-o< :wink:


From a cursory look at the following link, it seem you may or may not have.
I have not looked in great detail as you yourself know your circumstances and I do not. Hope it clarifies your situation;

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_3_4.htm


what a site...im curious too......really hard to justify...

User avatar
shellen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2007

cathay recruitment

Postby shellen » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 1:47 am

Hi, I am shellen.
I am very interested in joining cathay airline as a crew. But the opening is mainly require to have rights to abode in Hong Kong. Being a Singaporean, I am not sure if I quality. Beside being base in HK, I know of Singaporeans who are CX crew but base in Singapore. Is there a wesite to look into for CX base Singapore career opportunity?

thanks in advance.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Re: cathay recruitment

Postby love`Qoo » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 1:51 am

shellen wrote:Hi, I am shellen.
I am very interested in joining cathay airline as a crew. But the opening is mainly require to have rights to abode in Hong Kong. Being a Singaporean, I am not sure if I quality. Beside being base in HK, I know of Singaporeans who are CX crew but base in Singapore. Is there a wesite to look into for CX base Singapore career opportunity?

thanks in advance.


same website as u look into HK based..

User avatar
shellen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2007

cathay recruitment

Postby shellen » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 2:02 am

meaning I will need to wait for cathay airline to post opening for Singapore base?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Re: cathay recruitment

Postby love`Qoo » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:04 pm

shellen wrote:meaning I will need to wait for cathay airline to post opening for Singapore base?


yes

Miz
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat, 08 Dec 2007

Postby Miz » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:18 pm

Hi, I'm from HK too but I'm not a Singaporean, I'm still holding HK passport.
How come you girls are still holding HK ID card when you r already a Singaporean?
I thought Singapore immigration will confiscate all the passport and ID of your own country?

benedictz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby benedictz » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 2:58 am

for all wannabes who are Hong Kong Citizen, whether it is the old version identity card or the new version identity card. To understand whether you hold Right of Abode (ROA) or only Right of Land (ROL). it does not matter what passport you hold. We can hold both hong kong identity card and singapore passport as hong kong identity card is never to mean you have change your citizenship.

you will see ***A in the front of your Hong Kong Identity Card.

only with this, you hold ROA to qualify for HKG based,

there are other airlines other than CX, i heard 2000-3000 ppl in HKG applied for it a few months ago... so it is extremely competitive

good luck to all...

tinabradford
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 07 May 2008
Location: Indonesia

Postby tinabradford » Wed, 07 May 2008 4:15 pm

Hi Everyone, I have invited interview for position Flight Attendant Cathay Pacific based in HK... can anyone give some advice for me for cabin crew interview???? :) ....Thx

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Wed, 07 May 2008 8:03 pm

oh reli?when did u received it? by the way, r u indonesian?n u receive the invitation after how long from the closing date of the application?
Accomplish or do not begin


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests