Singapore Expats Forum


Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Ms M


Postby Ms M » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 1:35 am

My husband is working in Singapore, and I'm here with him. I'm not sure if I can work as a part-time piano teacher here, without having to apply for a work permit, as I'm only thinking about teaching part-time. Any advice?

User avatar
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:13 pm

What visa are you here on?

Technically, you'll need a work permit to engage in any type of paid work, but many tutors, part-time teachers and the like ply their trade without them. This is, of course, illegal but the odds of getting caught are rather low.

Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 22 Oct 2004
Location: Singapore

Do you know other language?

Postby Febri » Fri, 22 Oct 2004 5:53 pm

Hi there,

do you know other language than English? such as european language.
I am looking for Polish and Dutch proofread for my project.

Let me know if you can help or any references.

Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 23 Oct 2004

Piano lessons

Postby KLS » Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:10 pm

I suspect you are on a dependants pass, like myself!

You will not be entitled to a work permit, but you may start your own business, So I believe! which avoids all the problems of work permit.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest