Singapore Expats Forum

No Sopranos available in Singapore...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:03 pm

I find it odd that Sopranos is banned.

Especially with it being on HBO all the time.

That make me want to know if it is banned or if Singapore has just not bought the rights to show it.

I have also heard here that soem shows are banned to be air here but the ban is in place from the US not SIngapore.

Example some shows on CBS on demand are available here while other like Big Brother are not. I have heard another resaon is due to advertisers not allowing a show to be aired in coutries that they do not have products.

Look at the show 24 and CSI they are more up to date on the TV than they are in video stores.

The guys at my local video store said it had something to do with AXN owning the rights to the shows in this region.

I would like to ge the scoop on this so I do not have to assume :wink: :wink:
"If you fear change, you fear success"

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:46 pm

Well, I tried ordering though hmv.co.uk , so from United Kingdom. I used to do this before, that's how I got my Tarantino DVD set, including the uncensored reservoir dogs. That one is also banned in Singapore.

Who knows it is about rights, but I doubt it.

Anyway, can't wait to cheer with Saint with a cold one in one hand and the Sopranos box in the other hand! :wink:
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 1:06 pm

If you're goin g to order online you might want to get "Rescue Me" another crackin series!!

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 9:49 am

hey superglide, I'm already here and have the first 6 series of sopranos, also have a bike :lol: maybe you want to take a run and borrow the box set......