Singapore Expats Forum

Hokkaido tour package

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Piscesss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 09 Sep 2007

Hokkaido tour package

Postby Piscesss » Sat, 15 Sep 2007 4:42 pm

Hi all....im plannin to go hokkaido during CNY'08. i went to natas fair yday but duno which tour agency to book with as the tour packages r all similar. Confused We r nw lookin at Chan Bros-$2560 n SA tour-$2603 (both include taxes)...any advise for those who had joined their tour b4??? Any recommendation of better tour agency beside tis 2??? n lastly, can advise on the nice places or food that canot be missed in Hokkaido??? tks...

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 8:22 pm

omg!!! lk ttlly rad d00d the price wtf!!!? lk gag me w/ spoon!?!

And a friendly piece of advice: if you're going to Hokkaido in February, hang onto your butt with both hands, otherwise it will freeze off :cool:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 4:24 pm

Has anyone stayed at http://suibokuhirafu.com in hokaido?

As we are traveling with a 3 year old and I have not put a pair of ski on for over a quater of a century, being next to black runs etc is not so important, being close to good restaurants, shops and a bit of snow to make snow men is more of a priority these days.

Or if anyone knows of a kid friendly resorts there, I was told Cappella resort hotel is not opening till next year, and most of the current hotels are a bit dated?

Thanks

Peruvia
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 25 Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Peruvia » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:22 pm

QRM wrote:Has anyone stayed at http://suibokuhirafu.com in hokaido?

As we are traveling with a 3 year old and I have not put a pair of ski on for over a quater of a century, being next to black runs etc is not so important, being close to good restaurants, shops and a bit of snow to make snow men is more of a priority these days.

Or if anyone knows of a kid friendly resorts there, I was told Cappella resort hotel is not opening till next year, and most of the current hotels are a bit dated?

Thanks


Hi, i've just returned from Hokkaido with my 5 year old as well.

Hokkaido's rather big - Which part will you be traveling to?

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 1:09 pm

We eventually stayed at the Hokkaido Hilton in Niseko which was great, we liked it so much we tried booking for Chinese new year but all the flights are full!! So reserved for next year.

Peruvia
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 25 Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Peruvia » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 1:42 pm

QRM wrote:We eventually stayed at the Hokkaido Hilton in Niseko which was great, we liked it so much we tried booking for Chinese new year but all the flights are full!! So reserved for next year.


Which airline did you guys check out?

Checked yesterday - SQ has seats available (at ridiculously high prices).

ANA has a great offer yesterday when i checked. Book by 31st Jan, fly before April i think. $900+ to Sapporo inclusive of transit & taxes.

I'm also trying to see if i can get a flight out to Hokkaido to do some skiing there!

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:03 pm

It was SQ and Cathey, both full on the travel dates. ANA is available but they have really duff times and have to change airports in Tokyo which is nightmare.

Peruvia
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 25 Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Peruvia » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:06 pm

QRM wrote:It was SQ and Cathey, both full on the travel dates. ANA is available but they have really duff times and have to change airports in Tokyo which is nightmare.


Oh, You mean SQ & Cathay flies direct to Hokkaido?

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:37 pm

CX do a direct flight to Sapporo from HK, so you can break the journey in HK visit Disneyland. or stay at the HK Airport hotel for the night and just walkover to the cx flight in the AM.

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:16 pm

The other options are Korean/Asiana via Seoul and SQ+ANA via Nagoya (Chubu).
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Travel & Holidays”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest