Singapore Expats Forum

Love for the Over-40's

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Arizona

Re: Love for the Over-40's

Postby Arizona » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:48 pm

FannyAdams wrote:I have a friend who is a single expat in her early 40’s. She has generally loved being in Singapore but she recently commented that she worries she may never find a partner here, hence she’s thinking of returning home. I always assumed she was happy on her own (cos frankly, that’s the line she’s been feeding us) so she took me by surprise. She’s open-minded, not a bad-looker, financially sound. Is there really no hope for her here?

Sometimes, no matter how far you've been to, faces you've seen, heartbreaks and aches you suffer

the things you're looking can be found

at home.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:57 pm

Ouch. The playthings remark I would have to say is probably equal the truth be known. The only difference might be the age brackets when it takes place. Granted most local don't play in their own back yards, just as expats here aren't in their back yards. But go to Hat Yai (sp!) or Batam, or Bintan and check out the predominantly local Singaporean male population that inhabits those places. Even a pig doesn't mess up it's own sty.

I would daresay that the local male is basically insecure and will do almost anything to keep what he has as the selection process used limits the available units (sorry for the utilitarian term) so one has to expend the energy and money to keep the current unit in a happy frame of mind. Western males on the other hand (the expat variety and NOT necessarily the normal variety) tend to be a bit more secure. Whether this is because of the exposure (which is what tends to make girls from here more secure - the overseas stints or educations). Obviously all are generalizations but like the couple rotten apples in the barrel it's enough to cause tarring of the whole bunch - boy is that mixing metaphores! :wink:

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 5:07 pm

FannyAdams wrote:Worldpartygirl & Splatted

The experiences you mentioned up-thread - were they in Singapore or elsewhere?

Singapore and Australia - we travel between the two frequently

Worldpartygirl

It just happens....

Postby Worldpartygirl » Sun, 23 Sep 2007 4:24 am

All over the world it just happens! that is people falling in love...

I know that..its happened over time, down the centuries that's why we are all here...

Me after a long marriage waiting for that special person, no I will not give up! I am lucky I have loved and that's better to not have loved at all!

Now who said that!

Attractive 50 year old lady, easy to talk to, friendly and knows all about life..and been to Singapore 6 times.

No. thats not an advert for finding a man...well if you are rich, handsome and want somebody that can talk to all... then thats me...

Really, my point is if you fall in love, you then have to think will it last!

Only-if other things are there-these things are deeper than you can imagine!

Love for the over 40's is a magical experience and definately not shallow.
WORLDPARTYGIRL

kcliew

Postby kcliew » Sat, 29 Sep 2007 3:43 pm

FannyAdams wrote:I have a friend who is a single expat in her early 40’s. She has generally loved being in Singapore but she recently commented that she worries she may never find a partner here, hence she’s thinking of returning home. I always assumed she was happy on her own (cos frankly, that’s the line she’s been feeding us) so she took me by surprise. She’s open-minded, not a bad-looker, financially sound. Is there really no hope for her here?

Hi Fanny, where is your friend from - is she still in SG ?

FannyAdams

Postby FannyAdams » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 4:01 pm

kcliew wrote:

Yes, she's still here. Although she doesn't know I'm scouting for dates on her behalf. My intent was to find a good place to go to meet older men. Why do you want to know where she's from?

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 4:18 pm

FannyAdams wrote:
kcliew wrote:

Yes, she's still here. Although she doesn't know I'm scouting for dates on her behalf. My intent was to find a good place to go to meet older men. Why do you want to know where she's from?

To bring soap if she's English? :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 8:26 pm

:-#

sourisso
Regular
Regular

Postby sourisso » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 2:50 pm

there is the word "love" in this topic so i ask my question here...

do locals believe in love spells ? i mean for real ? i came across a local forum with a very serious love spell topic inside :shock: