Singapore Expats

Help: Where to Buy Packing/Moving Boxes?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
skimilk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Help: Where to Buy Packing/Moving Boxes?

Post by skimilk » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 3:07 am

I'm moving flats end of this month. I don't have furniture or appliances or any other big/bulky items although I do have lots of books, shoes, bags and other girly stuff.

I don't really need a truck to move my things so I'm hiring a container van type thing. Only problem is, they don't provide packing boxes. Any idea where I could get these? Hopefully one with delivery service that doesn't cost more than the actual purchase.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

cocobernese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:09 pm

whch shipping company

Post by cocobernese » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:16 pm

Hi ,
Sorry I dont know where to buy shipping boxes but I would like to get information on the rate and company you use? I am moving out of Singapore with approximately 10+ heavy boxes for clothes, kitchenware and books.

And also where to sell big item furnitures if you have done that could you please advise?

many thanks!

-Stephanie

skimilk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Re: whch shipping company

Post by skimilk » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:46 pm

cocobernese wrote:Hi ,
Sorry I dont know where to buy shipping boxes but I would like to get information on the rate and company you use? I am moving out of Singapore with approximately 10+ heavy boxes for clothes, kitchenware and books.

And also where to sell big item furnitures if you have done that could you please advise?

many thanks!

-Stephanie
I didn't use their moving services so I don't know about their rates but this is where I got my boxes and stuff: www.movingessentials.com.sg

It's easy to order online and the prices are quite reasonable I think.

User avatar
MblSH
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Simei
Contact:

Re: whch shipping company

Post by MblSH » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:10 pm

cocobernese wrote: And also where to sell big item furnitures if you have done that could you please advise?
What kind of furniture do you have for sale? Have you tried selling them here on classifieds.singaporeexpats.com ?

cocobernese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:09 pm

Re: whch shipping company

Post by cocobernese » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 8:48 pm

MblSH wrote:
cocobernese wrote: And also where to sell big item furnitures if you have done that could you please advise?
What kind of furniture do you have for sale? Have you tried selling them here on classifieds.singaporeexpats.com ?

Thanks . Love your picture in the profile - is it really you in the custume?
I just posted the ad last night...

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... 13&cat=500

-S

User avatar
MblSH
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Simei
Contact:

Re: whch shipping company

Post by MblSH » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 9:04 pm

skimilk wrote:It's easy to order online and the prices are quite reasonable I think.
Except for the $30 delivery charge :(

Before I got to that point, I thought I have actually found a first normal eshop in SG

User avatar
MblSH
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Simei
Contact:

Re: whch shipping company

Post by MblSH » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 9:06 pm

cocobernese wrote:Love your picture in the profile - is it really you in the custume?
:lol:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests