Singapore Expats Forum

Recommend the best sangrias, caipirinhas & mojitos in town?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Recommend the best sangrias, caipirinhas & mojitos in to

Postby Makan24-7 » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:43 pm

Hey all,
I suppose I should post and pose this question under Entertainment, Leisure & Sports but what the heck.... Could anyone recommend places for excellent sangrias, caipirinhas and mojitos in town? Haha, preferably those that serve them by the pitcher instead of teeny weeny glasses.

Cheers! (Pun intended)

kanuc

Postby kanuc » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 7:48 am

Hey,
I have no clue whats caipirinhas and/or mojitos but I can definively tell you that the best sangria pitcher were at Esmarida, in the basement of Orchard Hotel. Try the sparling sangria and don't forget to order some diablo mussel and garlic bread !! Enjoy !

hummmm sangria.......

Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Postby Makan24-7 » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:25 am

Thanks a bunch! I will definitely try it. Does it come by the glass or pitcher?

Anyone know of places for mojitos and caipirinhas? I suppose the Brazilian restaurants should have caipirinhas but do tell me where I can get the best!

cherubbie

Postby cherubbie » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:56 pm

Hmm...regarding Sangria, I am not too sure exactly where makes the best but you can get bottled ones from Spain 2 Dream at Vivocity. It's only 11.90 per bottle and it's pretty damn fantastic.

For mojitos, you can head on down to Breeze, located at 33 Erskine Road within The Scarlet hotel. It is their signature drink and they have great food & ambience as well.

Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Postby Makan24-7 » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks both! I'll try your recommendations for mojitos and sangrias.

Haha sangrias are best when they're made out of fresh fruit. Heh heh... Not too hot about the bottled ones. Mojitos I'll definitely try them out at Breeze.

Cheers!

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 7:06 pm

Best Sangria I had here in Singapore is at Streeters, Mediterranean restaurant at Keong Saik Road and yes, it comes in pitchers.

Caipirinhas for sure at 6th avenue, Churrascaria, the Brazilian restaurant.

Mojitos I wouldn't know...

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 9:16 pm

Best mojito I've had in Singapore is at the aptly named Breeze bar atop the Scarlet Hotel, which is one of my favorite in-city hideaways. Get the real thing, not their "house special" mojito which is a terrible, terrible concoction involving Blue Curacao. A friend of mine also thinks they have the best margaritas in town. Pretty expensive though: a single drink will cost you closer to S$15, so I'd be afraid to ask for a pitcher :?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Postby Makan24-7 » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:43 pm

Brilliant! I will try all the places that have been recommended. Thanks all! I certainly miss these drinks since leaving Phoenix. At this point, my thirst for these drinks outweigh the strain on my wallet! LOL.