Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Intellectual Company of the Female Gender

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:55 am

I'm relaxed, musk - just on the same page as MC Ducati :) Don't set yourself too many criteria or you may be waiting a very long time and miss out on a lot of fun.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:01 am

musk wrote:
Dounut wrote:How do you define "Intellectual" ? ? :o

Dounut,
Relax...i'm not flaming you now!! :)
I was explaining that i responded to your reply quoted above!

Dounut is Relaxed :mrgreen:

Just that, Dounut don't want to get "Chao Ta". :P

whatalark
Regular
Regular

Postby whatalark » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:30 am

For what it's worth Musk, I salute your taste. Brains in a woman intimidate lots of men (and other women too). Stick to your guns. A good woman with a good brain is not to be traded for common dime-a-dozen "femininity' females. (tongue-in-cheek for the 'femininity' females).

For those who need it spelled out, guys who are not penis-fixated look for a woman who doesn't need to validate herself by running around half naked. My guy friends would use a woman like that just for sex. Not to talk to about more weighty matters. "Entertainment only" material, she is

And for an intelligent thinking woman, a neanderthal man is only good when the sex hormones kick into cycle. I'd rather have a guy who means more to me than just sex.
no trees were hurt in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced

alamaknasilemak

Re: Looking for Intellectual Company of the Female Gender

Postby alamaknasilemak » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:53 am

musk wrote:Hi,
I'm new here in SG; and am employed in the IT sector.
Which would equate to Work, work and MORE work...and am getting bored of the routine of work Vs Home.
And would like to meet some people who are like minded.
LIKE MINDED - Deeply interested in Music, Art, Nature, Silence and Intellectual.
Allow me to be straight forward here, I am NOT essentially looking for a Physical relationship ...i'm just bored and am interested in exploring this nice place with some female company. Why only female you may ask...well that's my preference to make it simple. To make it sound technical, i'm not a gay!
I'm interested in travel as well, if we get along, we could see places around too.
I'd prefer an initial meeting over some coffee / Drinks to understand one another and take it up from there.
PM me if interested.

I'm not a fan of reading everyone's post but let me just try to deconstruct what is written here.

I think what Musk would like at this point is some female companion who is into the same interests as him i.e. Music, Art, Nature, Silence and who happens to be an intellectual being.

The word, intellectual is subjective though as it can range from academia to social.

I've met some very intelligent people who are not intellectuals but they have astounded me with how they are able to handle situations or environment which an intellectual is not able to.

To me, intellectuals are academics whereas people who are intelligent are innately so. My own perspective.

musk

Well well....

Postby musk » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:06 pm

McD - You got it right.
Helmut Lachenmann had shown to the world that Music need not come only from a Musical Instrument.
And my signature was on the same lines as well. You could make music with anything, as long as it has a pattern.
And at the end of it, its all material isnt it? Even a musical instrument is made up of Matter. So is your heart.
Your heart beat is Music too...it follows a mathematical pattern.

Seasider
Appreciate the concern and understand what you are trying to say. But my point is...i just dont want that!
Why should i compromise? Let it take as much time as it needs to...i can wait im only in my 30's!!
I never set out any tight terms and conditions! I kept it very low - A girl who has a head on her shoulders thats it!
While people generally measure up a woman in terms of 36 - 32 - 36, i am measuring it up in a very intangible way.
And trust me, thats what lasts....The inner Beauty!

Dounut
whats Chao Ta?

whatalark
you read my mind!!
There's a Mathematical difference between Noise and Music.

MC Donalds

Re: Well well....

Postby MC Donalds » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 2:57 pm

musk wrote:McD - You got it right.
Helmut Lachenmann had shown to the world that Music need not come only from a Musical Instrument.
And my signature was on the same lines as well. You could make music with anything, as long as it has a pattern.
And at the end of it, its all material isnt it? Even a musical instrument is made up of Matter. So is your heart.
Your heart beat is Music too...it follows a mathematical pattern.

Seems the mathematical pattern is the key, but I can easily generate noise (take a construction site with the poles being hammered to the ground as an example) that has a very obvious pattern and fure sure it's not music but noise.

What does the matter which constitutes the source of a sound have to do whether that sound is music or not? What in this unverse (anti-matter excluded if it really exists) is not made of matter?

Look, art can not be defined in terms of physics. Art is the result of an intentional process of creation by an artist. Bird singing is not music. Heart beating is not music. Pneumatic drill is not music. A HD revving is not music.

Sounds only become music when they are created by an artist for the purpose of being music. It has nothing to do with mathematical patterns.

Thus spoke MC Donalds.

musk

Postby musk » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 3:54 pm

McD,
Opinions do differ...and that's your opinion, good.

Appreciate again the time you took to analyse a signature :)
There's a Mathematical difference between Noise and Music.

MC Donalds

Postby MC Donalds » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 4:40 pm

musk wrote:McD,
Opinions do differ...and that's your opinion, good.

Not really sure whether this is a matter of opinion or a matter of common principles of art.

Arizona

Postby Arizona » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 4:49 pm

Superglide wrote:
Which would equate to Work, work and MORE work...and am getting bored of the routine of work Vs Home.
LIKE MINDED - Deeply interested in Music, Art, Nature, Silence and Intellectual.
Allow me to be straight forward here, I am NOT essentially looking for a Physical relationship ...i'm just bored and am interested in exploring this nice place with some female company. Why only female you may ask...well that's my preference to make it simple. To make it sound technical, i'm not a gay!
I'm interested in travel as well, if we get along, we could see places around too.
I'd prefer an initial meeting over some coffee / Drinks to understand one another and take it up from there.
PM me if interested.

Bro,

there's a "dating" button right on top.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's right, 'just do it' :wink:

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 5:59 pm

alamaknasilemak wrote:
PM me if interested.

I'm not a fan of reading everyone's post but let me just try to deconstruct what is written here.

I think what Musk would like at this point is some female companion who is into the same interests as him i.e. Music, Art, Nature, Silence and who happens to be an intellectual being.

The word, intellectual is subjective though as it can range from academia to social.

I've met some very intelligent people who are not intellectuals but they have astounded me with how they are able to handle situations or environment which an intellectual is not able to.

To me, intellectuals are academics whereas people who are intelligent are innately so. My own perspective.

My sentiments exactly ....
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:44 pm

musk wrote:Dounut
whats Chao Ta?

BURNED :mrgreen:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 3:28 pm

Poor Musk! If he had asked for female company for physical intimacy, he would be in trouble. He asks for companionship and he's still in trouble! How strange is this world? :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:08 am

musk wrote:whatalark
you read my mind!!

Musk mind "here" is not difficult to read la.

At least Dounut has already read it, else won't even bother to reply Musk post. :P