Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Intellectual Company of the Female Gender

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 4:18 pm

Is someone going to eat dounut ? ?

:o :o :o :o :o

User avatar
prkravi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed, 07 Mar 2007

Oops Typo...

Postby prkravi » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 4:22 pm

Hi musk / Dounut.
Sorry about that...been following the thread and it was interesting.
Esp dount's reply was hilarious..typed out in an instant.
Meant to write - I wouldnt flame you!
Silly though.

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Re: Oops Typo...

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 4:46 pm

prkravi wrote:Hi musk / Dounut.
Sorry about that...been following the thread and it was interesting.
Esp dount's reply was hilarious..typed out in an instant.
Meant to write - I wouldnt flame you!
Silly though.


Hilarious meh ? ? :o

What is "instant" har ? ? :P

MC Donalds
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 31 May 2007

Postby MC Donalds » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:10 pm

Tell me, Musk, have you been reading John Fante recently? The way you describe an intellectual woman [with the unwritten assumption of (only) a female like that being someone capable of matching your high intellect] brings in mind the quests of Arturo Bandini.

I tell you what. What you are mixing here is intelligence that comes in several forms, social intelligence being one of the most important types, with the academic intellect your wiki reference defines.

With your criteria of academic intellect you are likely to find the likes of Delphine Roux that are totally unbearable but with whom you can have endless cynical conversations of literature and philosophy that little by little turn you into a hatefull, up-nosed moron.

Many forms of intelligence do not manifest themselves as brilliance, so the chances are that in your quest for the academic intellect/brilliance, you end up overlooking many other qualities of intelligence and do yourself more harm than good. I would suggest you open your eyes to other forms of intelligence, too!

Happy hunting!

seasider
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon, 25 Oct 2004
Location: No longer in Geylang
Contact:

Postby seasider » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:16 pm

I read this post this morning and looked forward to reading the responses this evening. I think you've all been very kind. :lol:

OP - I sense English is not your first language but - really - you come across as an arrogant prig (that's NOT a typo BTW ;) ).

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:18 pm

MC Donalds wrote:Many forms of intelligence do not manifest themselves as brilliance, so the chances are that in your quest for the academic intellect/brilliance, you end up overlooking many other qualities of intelligence and do yourself more harm than good. I would suggest you open your eyes to other forms of intelligence, too!


Dounut Agrees. :cool:

Lots of time, "Academic Intellect" are more like "Book Worm". :lol:

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:21 pm

seasider wrote:I read this post this morning and looked forward to reading the responses this evening. I think you've all been very kind. :lol:


Seem like you are awaiting for a Cat Fight or Dog Fight ? ? :o :lol:

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:27 pm

As of now, since Dounut step into this topic, diverted from uploading pictures, Dounut see that MC Donalds is not related to Ham Burgar, but with a high level of intelligency. :P

Where is the Thread Starter now ? ? :roll:

User avatar
musk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 06 Sep 2007

Dounut here i come

Postby musk » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:47 pm

Dounut,
Im here, im here...just came out of a meeting.



(No...not with an IW).

prkravi
I'll buy that, But a bit strange!

McDonalds
Wonderful analysis!! I liked the fact that you took the effort to write it.
To answer you simply..No, im not hunting for a scientist!! And i agree with you...that is a bore. And im clear what is in my mind, like i explained before, there are many measures..and in the end it could all be impulsive too.
But yes, thanks for your advice, it made sense!

Seasider
Thanks, learnt a new word today.
PRIG - A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.

But i guess i was very straightforward and simple. Wasnt making any noise about it. And all those definitions started coming out after Dounut's comment on the post. And it was more on a funny note.
Well, that's your point of view anyway and i am not worrying about it.
So Relax.

Dounut, i admired the equation on McDonalds / Hamburger / Intelligency!
There's a Mathematical difference between Noise and Music.

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:06 pm

What has Dounut commented on the post ? ? :o

What has it got to do with Dounut again ? ? :o

MC Donalds + Ham Burger = Fattening + Unhealthy :mrgreen:

MC Donalds + Analysis = Intelligency :cool:

Dounut = Dounut :P

User avatar
musk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 06 Sep 2007

Postby musk » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:19 pm

Dounut wrote:How do you define "Intellectual" ? ? :o


Dounut,
Relax...i'm not flaming you now!! :)
I was explaining that i responded to your reply quoted above!
There's a Mathematical difference between Noise and Music.

MC Donalds
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 31 May 2007

Postby MC Donalds » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 7:52 pm

Dounut wrote:What has Dounut commented on the post ? ? :o

What has it got to do with Dounut again ? ? :o

MC Donalds + Ham Burger = Fattening + Unhealthy :mrgreen:

MC Donalds + Analysis = Intelligency :cool:

Dounut = Dounut :P


Donald + motorbike = really cool MC Duck

MC Donalds
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 31 May 2007

Postby MC Donalds » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 7:57 pm

By the way, dusk, what is the mathematical difference between noise and music you keep referring to in your signature? Are you saying that "musicness" is a function of a frequency spectrum of a sound sample or what?

How do, say, John Cage or Helmut Lachenmann fit in that equation?

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:49 am

MC Donalds wrote:
Dounut wrote:What has Dounut commented on the post ? ? :o

What has it got to do with Dounut again ? ? :o

MC Donalds + Ham Burger = Fattening + Unhealthy :mrgreen:

MC Donalds + Analysis = Intelligency :cool:

Dounut = Dounut :P


Donald + motorbike = really cool MC Duck


Har ? ? :o :-k

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:51 am

MC Donalds wrote:By the way, dusk, what is the mathematical difference between noise and music you keep referring to in your signature? Are you saying that "musicness" is a function of a frequency spectrum of a sound sample or what?

How do, say, John Cage or Helmut Lachenmann fit in that equation?


It just a FINE line between Genius & Loneliness. :cool: :mrgreen:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest