Singapore Expats

Good link to Harbour Front

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
parul

Good link to Harbour Front

Post by parul » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 4:37 pm

Hi,

What would be a good place to live if you have 3 kids under five, office in Harbour Front and are looking for a good school, local or otherwise?

Thank you,
Parul.

viajera
Regular
Regular

Post by viajera » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 8:20 am

the east coast is well-liked by families, but is far from most International Schools (your kids will still be in preschools then, right?). although most int'l schools offer bus service, sometimes it takes about an hour for those on the east coast, so the kids will have to wake up quite early for pick up. not quite ideal if you have real wee ones.

perhaps you should decide first whether they will attend local or international, and then go from there. the harbourfront is easily accessible by MRT from pretty much all directions (if you're taking public transpo).

parul

Post by parul » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 8:07 pm

thank you for your reply. Is there any way I could get a listing of local schools in the east coast? If I could get them in a good local school close to home in the east, it would be ideal for me.

Cheers,
Parul.

viajera
Regular
Regular

Post by viajera » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 8:42 am

the MOE website has a comprehensive listing of schools.