Singapore Expats Forum

Shisha Equipment in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

elpatre

Shisha Equipment in Singapore?

Postby elpatre » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 2:23 pm

Hello everybody,

when i moved over to Singapore i brought my Shisha from egypt with me, unfortunately i broke the bowl while cleaning it up yesterday. Now i am desperately looking for a shop that sells shisha equipment. I started around Bugis . Arab Quarter but no success so far!

Anybody who can give me a hint???
cheers
flo
-------Life is what happens when you are just planing something completely different-------

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sprite » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 5:54 pm

There is a shisha bar at Clarke Quay, you might ask there.

elpatre

Postby elpatre » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 6:14 pm

well yes, thanks, i know, and i could ask all the shisha bars in arab and baghdad street as well...but i thought of this as the last option, guess they all import the stuff somehow and dont really know where to go as a "private user"...anyway, thanks! anybody else having ideas where to get Shisha Equipment around Singapore?
-------Life is what happens when you are just planing something completely different-------

elpatre

Postby elpatre » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:35 am

Hi everybody and to whom it may concern,

i finally found a shop in Arab Street (coming from Bugis MRT direction into Arab street, walking straight, crossing baghdad street, 3rd shop on the left).
Their main business is rugs but they also have shishas (mainly thought for tourists, so dont expect good quality). But after i could convince them that i live here and i know quite a bit about shishas we finally could start with some fitting bargaining. In the end i asked them to show me their documents from the supplier they got the shishas from, where they were claimed 30SD each (at the beginning they started with 80SD), so i finally got my glas bowl for 25 SD, looks and feels like good quality.

Cheers

PS. Its always good to start bargaining with the slight mentioning that you bought your first shisha at their place as welll, they wont remember anyway :)

pao

Elpatre

Postby pao » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:16 am

Does the store that you are saying sell's shisha tobacco's and other accessories?
I also have an Egyptian hookah that I brought last time when I went on vacation and im running out of tobacco and coal... thank you