What will you do?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
ellehcor

What will you do?

Post by ellehcor » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 9:06 am

If one typical Saturday evening you and your family want to stay overnight at east coast park. What will you do if next to your tent are %#%^# playing their drums and singing loudly all night long till dawn?
"May the Blessings of GOD be with Us always.."

muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by muratkorman » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 9:38 am

If you have the right to stay in a tent at East Coast Park, they also have the right to enjoy themselves in the same place. But they could slow down if you told them that you were disturbed. Did you try speaking to them?
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 2:20 pm

Who was there first?

If you were, I'd ask them to please tone it down but at the end of the day (night?!) unless there are posted noise restrictions there's not much you can do about it if they want to be jerks.

If they were there first, move to a different location. It is a public area correct?

Have you ever tried to carry on a normal conversation at the esplanade park when they are having concerts? You cannot even hear yourself think. Unfortunately, it's a public place so.........
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ellehcor

Post by ellehcor » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:06 am

We were there first. The problem is they were drinking. My mother asked them politely if they can stop playing thier drums because it's already 3m in the morning and if not it's ok. But they shouted at my mother and told us to go home if we wanted to sleep. And also shouted at us the F word and insulted our race. Like "You F*** "race" women, ............"...

That's what they told us... :x

And i know that if they have the right to play drum, we also have the right to have peace and quite.
"May the Blessings of GOD be with Us always.."