Singapore Expats Forum

sunday brunch

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
robb9

sunday brunch

Postby robb9 » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 9:13 am

Hello, i am new to Singapore and I was wondering if there are any good brunch places, it would be great if they had a bloody mary bar there as well. I appreciate any help that you all can give me.

Thanks in advance

robb

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:45 am

cafe iguana at clark quay has a good weekend brunch. oughta oughta try it.

donno bout their bloody marys, but they hav gr8 margaritas. just cant giv it a miss.

bienvenue :D

alamaknasilemak

Postby alamaknasilemak » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 8:37 am

Hey Robb,

Besides Bloody Mary, what is important to you? Loads of meat or seafood? More local or international fare?

NZGirl

Postby NZGirl » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 1:54 pm

Hi Robb,

PS cafe at Dempsey rd (towards Holland Village) is excellent for brunch. It has a really nice out look. There is dinning inside or outside but they don't take bookings.

Its western food.

Give that a go :D

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 2:28 pm

Some people from this board have tried the Sunday brunch buffet over @ Novus restaurant (National Museum). The food was quite good. Lovely French toast (you can ask rhino's opinion) and eggs benedict, among others.

Edited to add this comment:
Novus also has crab omelette which has real crab meat (not the imitation crabmeat)!
Last edited by Asian_Geekette on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

rhino
Regular
Regular

Postby rhino » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 6:55 pm

If you can check out the latest issue of "I-S" magazine - its a freebie available in a lot of places - has a special article this week on brunch venues!! Might have to suggest one for the 30's thread I think... Hunger pings coming on!

The French toast at Novus is... oh... heavenly!!! I highly recommend skipping dinner on Saturday night so you can load up on Sunday morning if you go to Novus!!

robb9

Postby robb9 » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:41 pm

wow, thanks for all the wonderful replies...as for what type of food I want, I dont think its most important. When I lived in the States before I moved to Korea, my friends and i would always choose diff places on sunday and get together and chat over some cocktails and food. I guess the most important thing would be ambiance(sorry if my spelling is bad) I dont want to be in a hotel setting. I would rather be in a casual or fun place either outside, or casual.

Thanks all

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Re: sunday brunch

Postby HunBunny80 » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:09 pm

robb9 wrote:Hello, i am new to Singapore and I was wondering if there are any good brunch places, it would be great if they had a bloody mary bar there as well. I appreciate any help that you all can give me.

Thanks in advance

robb

Shangri-la The Line $78++ free flow of soft drinks and bloody mary. :D

Deefa
Regular
Regular

Postby Deefa » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:48 am

HunBunny80 wrote:
robb9 wrote:Hello, i am new to Singapore and I was wondering if there are any good brunch places, it would be great if they had a bloody mary bar there as well. I appreciate any help that you all can give me.

Thanks in advance

robb

what do you know about Bloody Mary's ?!?!?! you always forget to put the Vodka in yours :lol:

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 2:00 pm

Deefa wrote:
HunBunny80 wrote:

Thanks in advance

robb

what do you know about Bloody Mary's ?!?!?! you always forget to put the Vodka in yours :lol:

:x
Someone has to drive you home........eventually

beenthere
Regular
Regular

Postby beenthere » Wed, 04 May 2011 4:14 pm

Allrightie .. 4 years later.

What are good places for brunch these days? Not necessarily interested in the likes of Raffles and 4S but somewhere one can get a good wholesome southern (American that is) or American diner fare breakfast. You know stacks of pancakes, waffles, good syrup and umpteen variation of eggs with umpteen eggs.

lavendar

Postby lavendar » Sat, 07 May 2011 11:29 am

I like Swissotel, the quality is good for sunday brunch.