Singapore Expats Forum

SINGAPORE AIRLINES Local Cabin Crew - Write In Application

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:39 pm

cannot lah..i think SQ is asking for too much...i wonder anybody has always passed the first round...if i pass the first round (gui men guai), luck then comes
Last edited by downtown on Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:40 pm

i think we need more luck to pass round 1 than anything else! :lol:
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

dream_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2007

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:47 pm

sakiya wrote:I got their email too. i sent in my application at 3pm yesterday and got their reply in next two hours. super fast:)
mine also tue at 1pm. in their email never stated what interview that we will go through le. Hopefully no group interview
anyone same timing as me?


hi do you have any idea what is it like for the tue interview?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:49 pm

dream_gal wrote:
sakiya wrote:I got their email too. i sent in my application at 3pm yesterday and got their reply in next two hours. super fast:)
mine also tue at 1pm. in their email never stated what interview that we will go through le. Hopefully no group interview
anyone same timing as me?


hi do you have any idea what is it like for the tue interview?


i think it'll be the same as walk in, somebody who went for invited interviews like this before SIA had walk ins said there were first round group interview and everything just like the walk ins now.
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

butterfliesweet
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby butterfliesweet » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:50 pm

downtown wrote:when i go first time, i thought it was like previous interviews i had with previous other career in companies so i decide to take it easy..unfortunately, i am not qualified for SQ interview even at the first round :o ..i won't apply anymore from now onwards..i bet it is the same which go to other airlines


maybe u can go for some pte english courses?

i think its jus SIA's basic requirements.. different industries have different requirements u see.. so if u really wanna pursue this dream of urs, take up some english courses n all shd be fine. jus my 2cents worth.
Last edited by butterfliesweet on Sun, 02 Sep 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:52 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:
downtown wrote:when i go first time, i thought it was like previous interviews i had with previous other career in companies so i decide to take it easy..unfortunately, i am not qualified for SQ interview even at the first round :o ..i won't apply anymore from now onwards..i bet it is the same which go to other airlines


maybe u can go for come pte english courses?

i think its jus SIA's basic requirements.. different industries have different requirements u see.. so if u really wanna pursue this dream of urs, take up some english courses n all shd be fine. jus my 2cents worth.


yeahh.. british council offers very good english courses, my friend who failed her english Os with E8 went there for a year and then retook her Os the following year, and she passed with B4. even if it's not for airline interviews or SIA, being able to speak and write good english will do you good in the long run anyways! :D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

dream_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2007

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:56 pm

xmischax wrote:
dream_gal wrote:
sakiya wrote:I got their email too. i sent in my application at 3pm yesterday and got their reply in next two hours. super fast:)
mine also tue at 1pm. in their email never stated what interview that we will go through le. Hopefully no group interview
anyone same timing as me?


hi do you have any idea what is it like for the tue interview?


i think it'll be the same as walk in, somebody who went for invited interviews like this before SIA had walk ins said there were first round group interview and everything just like the walk ins now.


har... same as walk in.. sianz.. i think not easy..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:57 pm

i think SIA is never easy! :lol:
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

dream_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2007

Postby dream_gal » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:00 am

xmischax wrote:i think SIA is never easy! :lol:


yap, i thought straight to second round. haha

kooperho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 31 Aug 2007

Postby kooperho » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:57 am

Hey....i'm also being shortlisted for the interview too! i'm very glad to see that because i went for the recent walk in on 26/8 and also stated that i went for the recent walk-in in the application form. Mine is on 2.25pm 4 September 2007 (Tuesday). Hopefully for this 2nd attempt, i can make it.
La la di la la!!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 1:05 am

kooperho wrote:Hey....i'm also being shortlisted for the interview too! i'm very glad to see that because i went for the recent walk in on 26/8 and also stated that i went for the recent walk-in in the application form. Mine is on 2.25pm 4 September 2007 (Tuesday). Hopefully for this 2nd attempt, i can make it.


good luck and all the best!!
same goes for the rest who got shortlisted!
:D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 1:28 am

yeah... good luck to everybody!!!

anyway this gotta be my third attempt and i wish it gotta be a real successful one!!! :D

garychien
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby garychien » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:35 pm

hihi....

i just got my interview invitation... tuesday 3.25pm.. anyone same slot?

CHEERS...

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 2:56 pm

garychien wrote:hihi....

i just got my interview invitation... tuesday 3.25pm.. anyone same slot?

CHEERS...

WHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I receive my interview as well!!! mine also 3.25pm... keke...

i sent 3 times man!!!
Soaring above all

kooperho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 31 Aug 2007

Postby kooperho » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 3:00 pm

Does anybody think this time round, chances of getting in will be higher?
La la di la la!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swipeup and 3 guests