Singapore Expats Forum

SINGAPORE AIRLINES Local Cabin Crew - Write In Application

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
erieo
Regular
Regular

Postby erieo » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 4:16 pm

downtown wrote:take for example two person get diploma,but one fail english and one pass, who do you think they will choose?

Well I don't think it's juz only that, I think there are several other cirteria they are looking for.

So downtown, did u send in your application?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 5:06 pm

yeap.. that's very subjective. i don't think they will select based purely on whatever english grade you got.
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Postby downtown » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 6:07 pm

one person had been rejected at the table based on his english grades... :o :o :o

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 6:08 pm

downtown wrote:one person had been rejected at the table based on his english grades... :o :o :o

does the person have a diploma or a-levels? if not, it's natural that they are rejecting him, since they already stated that in the requirements.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Postby downtown » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 6:47 pm

xmischax wrote:does the person have a diploma or a-levels? if not, it's natural that they are rejecting him, since they already stated that in the requirements.

very sorry hor...he got diploma through ite route :o they didn't even state that in their requirement..they said must pass english

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 6:50 pm

i'm sorry then, there are so many different situations, it's very subjective, we can't say for sure.. but well, if it's the company's decision, we can't do anything right? they have their own policies and all..

downtown, why do you seem so angry about the language issue all the time?

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Postby downtown » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 6:57 pm

when i go first time, i thought it was like previous interviews i had with previous other career in companies so i decide to take it easy..unfortunately, i am not qualified for SQ interview even at the first round :o ..i won't apply anymore from now onwards..i bet it is the same which go to other airlines

dream_gal

SIA Cabin Crew Interview

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:07 pm

sakiya wrote:is there any bus reach STC? i dont know how to go le :???:

hi, i have also receieved the reply from them today morning, You are required to bring the following documents:

· The print-out of your completed application form
· Passport-sized photograph
· Originals of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) Certificate of National Service (if applicable)
d) re-entry permit card (for Singapore PR)
e) testimonials
f) identity card

what is the (e)?

thank you

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:09 pm

downtown wrote:when i go first time, i thought it was like previous interviews i had with previous other career in companies so i decide to take it easy..unfortunately, i am not qualified for SQ interview even at the first round :o ..i won't apply anymore from now onwards..i bet it is the same which go to other airlines

i'm sorry to hear that downtown! i feel you. you don't know what they are looking for, and it's so difficult compared to any other interviews. but you know, airline interviews are always like that i guess! since they are spoiled for choice all the time!

but if this is your dream, don't give up!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIA Cabin Crew Interview

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:11 pm

dream_gal wrote:

hi, i have also receieved the reply from them today morning, You are required to bring the following documents:

· Originals of:
e) testimonials
f) identity card

what is the (e)?

thank you

e) testimonials you're refering to? testimonials is like a recommendation write up that your school gives you when you graduate.. or if it's not from your school, it may be from your ex-employer who is kind enough to do so for you when you request for it from them too.

dream_gal

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:15 pm

xmischax wrote:
dream_gal wrote:

· Originals of:
e) testimonials
f) identity card

what is the (e)?

thank you

e) testimonials you're refering to? testimonials is like a recommendation write up that your school gives you when you graduate.. or if it's not from your school, it may be from your ex-employer who is kind enough to do so for you when you request for it from them too.

i see, as i not sure what is the testmonials they want.. my interview is 3.00pm
on 4 September 2007 (Tuesday). i send my application on 30 Aug, i also went to walk in interview on 25 Aug. hope this help

dream_gal

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:21 pm

xmischax wrote:
downtown wrote:when i go first time, i thought it was like previous interviews i had with previous other career in companies so i decide to take it easy..unfortunately, i am not qualified for SQ interview even at the first round :o ..i won't apply anymore from now onwards..i bet it is the same which go to other airlines

i'm sorry to hear that downtown! i feel you. you don't know what they are looking for, and it's so difficult compared to any other interviews. but you know, airline interviews are always like that i guess! since they are spoiled for choice all the time!

true, you dunno what they want. if you really like and this your dream, dont ever give up. i pass all the way in to final interview during April (very disappointing), but i also fail in the first round last Aug. you get what i mean.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:24 pm

dream_gal wrote:
xmischax wrote:

true, you dunno what they want. if you really like and this your dream, dont ever give up. i pass all the way in to final interview during April (very disappointing), but i also fail in the first round last Aug. you get what i mean.

precisely!!! :lol:
ohh well! i guess luck plays a big part over here!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:25 pm

dream_gal wrote:i see, as i not sure what is the testmonials they want.. my interview is 3.00pm
on 4 September 2007 (Tuesday). i send my application on 30 Aug, i also went to walk in interview on 25 Aug. hope this help

i think just bring any testimonials you have! :lol:

good luck and all the best ya! :D

dream_gal

Postby dream_gal » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 7:28 pm

xmischax wrote:
dream_gal wrote:
xmischax wrote:

precisely!!! :lol:
ohh well! i guess luck plays a big part over here!

yap!... more than 50% on luck.