Singapore Expats Forum

Harassed

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

CantabExile

Harassed

Postby CantabExile » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:03 pm

Is there anyone else out there in the expat community who has received sms messages and/or phone calls from someone claiming to know them called xxxxxxxxxxx (or similar spelling). An American woman who somehow gets hold of contact information and rings trying to set up business meetings, and who does not understand the concept of no for an answer.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:06 pm

http://singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic44440.html

right below your own thread, can't miss it... :?

CantabExile

Postby CantabExile » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks. The picture is a lot clearer now. Might need to change my phone number as apparently I'm "A male chauvinist pig", and "We know what you do when you go on your business trips to Bangkok every month". Considering I don't travel for work and I definitely don't have pointy ears or a curly tail, I think thats a little off for merely turning down her invitation!? I think this woman is either very lonely, delusional, obsessive, loopy, or all of the above. Unfortunate (a#*@)soul.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 6:45 pm

I have taken the liberty of removing her name from your post. That is just not done. That is why in the main thread I did not reveal her name. While she is a fruitcake, I don't think it's a good idea to openly post her name.

sms

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:45 pm

Thanks, sms - good call. This is a bit of a coincidence, no?

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 7:48 am

I understand the reason to remove her name.

However I would like it very much if someone could PM me her name or Initials or something to help me identify her in public.

It really shocks me that this woman is well known among this website. It would lead me to believe that she would also be well known among other web sites.

It really shocks me that the government will not take care of this pest.

Maybe enough people have not joined forces to merit action.

If this happens to me I will lead the crusade to demand justice. :D :lol:
"If you fear change, you fear success"

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 1:51 pm

Motorhead, :P

you've got mail.

seasider,

Yeah, a wee bit. Gotta give her credit though....

She's got staying power! :?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 6:15 pm

SMS, I don't see the problem with revealing her name. (I imagine she might even feel quite flattered!) It's not as if any of us who have been unfortunate enough to have contact with the woman have libeled her. we've simply recounted our encounters with her.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 6:31 pm

Don't bother changing your phone number, which will inconvenience you. Just set your phone not to ring when she calls. She will move on pretty quickly and harrass some other unsuspecting newbie. She threw a strop with me in Carrefour and called me a racist very loudly when I refused to give her my contact details. Apparently not giving my phone number to nutty "nutritionists" with clipboards and stalker tendencies (I had met her before and knew who she was) made me a racist, so don't take the male chauvinist tag personally.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 9:33 pm

Addadude,

While I'm not a lawyer, I would hazard a guess that even though enough has been written about her over the years, I would guess that she could haul someone's butt to court for slander and then you would have the additional hassle of defending yourself, etc., etc. Damned inconvenient.

I mean look how easy is it for politicians to sue damn near anybody into bankruptcy for virtually nothing.

Return to “General Discussions”