Singapore Expats Forum

Beach volleyball n chillin' at KM8 Sentosa SAT 1st Sept 1PM

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Beach volleyball n chillin' at KM8 Sentosa SAT 1st Sept 1PM

Postby bigdaddi » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 1:07 pm

Next and penultimate beach volleyball (as ill be away on a lengthy 'sabbatical' but im sure the die-hards will keep it going in my absence) is for this Sat, usual time and place! It will be Laco's last as he will be posted overseas ... again! So look forward to seeing you this Sat and a big thanks for your assistance and training in helping the beginners get off to a good start!!!

Usual suspects playing (auto include!) ...

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
Laco,
Keith,
Baby,
CEH (?)

Chillers ...

Astr
Last edited by bigdaddi on Sun, 26 Aug 2007 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

keith425
Regular
Regular

Postby keith425 » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 2:00 pm

training was good! count me in Sept 1st.

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Postby bigdaddi » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 2:06 pm

keith425 wrote:training was good! count me in Sept 1st.

Thats done mate! Yeah, i think somehow we should have starting with set and dig training rather than spiking but it was certainly fun for those who managed it! :wink:
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 3:46 pm

its CEH's last game for a while and laco's last game ..
surely can't miss it!

so i'm in!
as both, player and chiller :)

cheers!

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elska76 » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 7:00 pm

Im in too! As perpetual chiller, practitioner & swearer!!! :P :P

Thanx Bigdaddi!
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 8:55 pm

I'm in of course....

I had such a bad burn from yesterday...my goodness...my back is all pink! :x

bigdaddi here provides the court, i hope the big daddy up there can provide some nice chill wind and clouds (without rain maybe)! :roll:

CEH, Leela, Jerm D, the normal bunch , they are all required to be there playing VB this Sat !!!! :wink: :P but have to leave by 6:30!!! (you should know why :p )
Last edited by Bonbon on Sun, 26 Aug 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Postby bigdaddi » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 9:13 pm

Bonbon wrote:I'm in of course....

I had such a bad burn from yesterday...my goodness...my back is all pink! :x

bigdaddi here provides the court, i hope the big daddy up there can provide some nice chill wind and clouds (without rain maybe)! :roll:

CEH, Leela, Jerm D, the normal bunch the are all required to be doing VB this Sat !!!! :wink: :P

Ooooouch! Well it was certainly a scorcher! Dont wanna play 'daddi' but you should always cover up lah ... im well brown and even i use 50 spf! I did feel my skin tingle and reapplied .... the wind and clouds you ask for is actually bad for you cos it gives you a false sense of security and you dont apply or even re-apply and become lobsters!!!! :wink:

Ok, update on the players ...

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
Laco,
Keith,
Baby,
Elska,
Bonbon,
JermD,
Leela
CEH (?)

Chillers ...

Astr

CEH

Postby CEH » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 9:52 pm

I like the way that other people are saying that I will be playing! :wink: :P So I guess I'll have to play, though I will be taking it easy because I don't want to do myself an injury that stops me getting on the plane home the next day. Looking forward to this trip way too much! In fact I have a really busy week coming up so I may well fall asleep under a palm tree instead. I'll be coming straight from a conference that I'm at in the morning, will have to bring my kit and do a quick change somewhere....

ballbeeyo

Red lobster

Postby ballbeeyo » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 5:26 am

The sun was indeed a scorching one last week!

And it rained at the weirdest weather too!

Hope the game will get better and better in time to come! :D

Big daddi leaving in two weeks!
So who's up to organise for the past 6 - 8 weeks?

MC Donalds

Postby MC Donalds » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 8:52 am

#include<MC_Donalds>

Hey bigdaddy, you'd better make sure you get back soon! But please, ignore what other posters said. Do not - I repeat: DO NOT - bring the British weather here. Last weekend is just right. If you really have to bring something, let it be ... errr... what good could come from England... can't really think ... hmmm... Damn it, just bring back yourself, OK?

PoohBear
Reporter
Reporter

Postby PoohBear » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 9:08 am

Hi, bigdaddi, I had a great time with all :P fun people :P .
I can’t believe that I end up stand on the hot sand for my first training :cool: ….

petit_fleur

Postby petit_fleur » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:00 am

Hi Bigdaddi

Will be down to chill and vegetate before heading off to training.

petit

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Postby bigdaddi » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:24 am

MC Donalds wrote:#include<MC_Donalds>

Hey bigdaddy, you'd better make sure you get back soon! But please, ignore what other posters said. Do not - I repeat: DO NOT - bring the British weather here. Last weekend is just right. If you really have to bring something, let it be ... errr... what good could come from England... can't really think ... hmmm... Damn it, just bring back yourself, OK?

Chocolate perhaps? :wink:

Ill certainly miss these weekly sessions! I really look forward to them but i wont be gone long .... anyway, i think you all need a break from my wicked sense of humour whether its taking the piss or handing out 'yellow cards!' LOL! \:D/

Update so far ...

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
Laco,
Keith,
Baby,
Elska,
Bonbon,
JermD,
Leela,
McDonalds,
Nike
CEH (?)

Chillers ...

Astr
Petit

We have enough die hards that ill leave an open post before i go and any newbies can just turn up. We now have a core group that turns up every week so theres definetely numbers to make up a team or two ... with Laco and me AWOL, you'll need to find 2 dream team members and a captain!!!
Last edited by bigdaddi on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nike

Postby Nike » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:36 am

BigDaddi,

Count me in for this Sat, yeah!

I will be away for 2 weeks in Sept, and will be missing 2 Saturdays of volleyball :(

You come back soon yea, before u turn to mush :wink: and no longer tanned :shock: ... hehehehhehehehe

Cheers mate!

Leela
Regular
Regular

Postby Leela » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:43 pm

Nike wrote:I will be away for 2 weeks in Sept, and will be missing 2 Saturdays of volleyball :(

That's nothing compared to the 7 weeks I will miss in November and December when I go back to Europe. JermD will miss 6, so both of us will be posting messages complaining about how cold it is in London and how we wish we were in Sentosa.

We hope you won't forget us and will still let us play when we're back...
:wink:

Leela