Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
- Posts: 3004
- Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
- Location: Terra Australis Incognita
login to like this post
by jpatokal » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 9:50 pm
A word of advice if needed; it is illegal to import Singapore dollars, Indian Rupees, or the Indonesian currency (rupias?) into Singapore.
This was the information supplied
by the Royal Mail; hardly difficult to understand is it?
So, this interested me enough that I went to the proverbial horse's mouth, and here's what MAS has to say:
I refer to your email dated 5 September 2007.
You may wish to note that there are no capital controls in Singapore.
However, we understand that under the Universal Postal Union arrangements which apply to all post offices, there are certain prohibitions for sending currencies via mail if they are not insured. You may wish to make enquiry with the post office in the country where you are mailing the currency, on the specific prohibitions.
Monetary Authority of Singapore
So there. Royal Mail may prohibit sending cash by mail, but Singapore does not, period.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague
Document needed to secure when bringing newborn to singapore
We are E pass holder in singapore
I just want know if any of you can advice me what are needed documents / approval should i present...
You may apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa for your baby and use it to enter SG, however i would really not recommend it as you would need to...
- 3 Replies
- 2240 Views
Last post by kozizi
Fri, 02 Nov 2018 11:33 am
Bringing dog over to Singapore
I just want to ask what is the latest procedure to bring our dog over when we move in about 4 months time.. quarantine, flights etc..as...
Thank you both! Extremely helpful!
Our dog doesn't like to be left alone for long periods so I hope the journey and quarantine will be ok.. fingers...
- 4 Replies
- 1828 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 1:20 am
Bringing significant other to SG from USA. Need advice.
I accepted a job in Singapore making a comfortable salary and want to see about bringing my GF
who is very keen on moving with me, no...
First I apologise for hijacking this post but I have a somewhat similar situation and I'm looking for answers. BTW, I'm also new to this...
- 6 Replies
- 5550 Views
Last post by asianshepherd
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 11:54 pm
Bringing a Temporary Helper
I’ll be moving to Singapore in October with a three month old baby and joining my new place of work.
While I am intending on finding a local...
If your domestic helper is from the Pakistan I'm afraid you are probably out of luck (there is no nanny classification with the MOM as it is...
- 1 Replies
- 1336 Views
Last post by sundaymorningstaple
Mon, 12 Aug 2019 1:32 am
Bringing my domestic worker to US for vacation
Hello everyone, my family and I are planning to go to the USA for vacation and would like to bring our Filipino helper in Singapore along. I have...
Here is an excellent article by NatGeo on the US and Filipino nurses and backgrounds. There are over 500 nursing schools in the Philippines. There...
- 7 Replies
- 2255 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:25 am
Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”
- ↳ Beauty, Health & Fitness
- ↳ Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery
- ↳ Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- ↳ Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy
- ↳ Business in Singapore
- ↳ Careers & Jobs in Singapore
- ↳ Airline Careers
- ↳ Cars & Motorcycles
- ↳ Car Leasing & Rental
- ↳ Certificate of Entitlement (COE)
- ↳ Drivers Licence
- ↳ Importing, Buying and Selling Cars & Other Vehicles
- ↳ Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics
- ↳ Entertainment, Leisure & Sports
- ↳ Football Fans
- ↳ Sports & Recreational Partners & Team
- ↳ Travel & Holidays
- ↳ Wine & Dine
- ↳ Events, Gatherings, Making Friends
- ↳ 20's Club
- ↳ 30's Club
- ↳ 40s' Club
- ↳ CGC - Canto Group Club 广东俱乐部
- ↳ FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
- ↳ Language Exchange
- ↳ MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
- ↳ Newcomer's Lounge
- ↳ WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
- ↳ General Discussions
- ↳ Articles
- ↳ Financial Investment
- ↳ Strictly Speaking
- ↳ Surveys
- ↳ Latest News & Current Affairs
- ↳ Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish
- ↳ Parenting, Family & Schools
- ↳ Enrichment Classes
- ↳ International Schools
- ↳ Moms Group
- ↳ Playdates
- ↳ Preschools
- ↳ Primary & Secondary Schools
- ↳ Special Needs Schools
- ↳ Stay-At-Home Moms Club
- ↳ Working Moms Club
- ↳ Property Talk, Housing & Rental
- ↳ Relocating, Moving to Singapore
- ↳ PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners
- ↳ Staying, Living in Singapore
- ↳ Credit Card & Banking in Singapore
- ↳ Domestic Helper & Babysitter Issues
- ↳ Insurance
- ↳ National Service
- ↳ Events
- ↳ Business Products & Services
- ↳ Announcement, Help & FAQ
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests